Themes
Forum Thread
by member
[Red Alert 3*] Which mod to install? (Forums : PC Gaming : [Red Alert 3*] Which mod to install?) Post Reply
Thread Options
Jan 17 2014, 8:54am Anchor

I have been using this site for a few days, purely to download/install and learn more about Warcraft 3 mods and such
I did not know that RA 3 mods existed until I googled for "No super weapons Red Alert 3" and a result lead me to this site :P

Anyway, cut to the chase! Please give me suggestions, which mod do I install?

Obviously, I want to disable super weapons, but i guess many big mod packs do that + other things such as units and textures and such

so which one is the best?

Thanks in advance!
I would really appreciate ur help guys

Kyou.
Kyou. Mornin.
Jan 17 2014, 8:13pm Anchor

Hmm not sure I have seen any that disable the super weapons but I have only played a couple of RA3 mods this one is a rather good one, called Revolution.  Since its on Desura if your using the Desura client it can auto install the mod for you.

Jan 17 2014, 8:47pm Anchor

Thanks alot, I just downloaded another one
Moddb.com

I could not get it to work tho :(

I was just looking for a mod that disables superweapons or gives the player the chance to decide

Would love to check that out, the size is like 450 mbs so should be within my reach :D (my download speed isnt the fastest)
b4 I download and install, I'd like to know how to get these RA3 mods working

I installed  a War 3 mod Moddb.com   and it was easy to install and it works
but the RA 3 mod (undecided) didnt work for me :(

Kyou.
Kyou. Mornin.
Jan 18 2014, 7:26am Anchor

Hmm generally they should have instructions on how to install, maybe a readme file or something on the download page.  But if that is a problem install the mod via Desura and it should auto install it into the right place for you.

Edited by: Kyou.

Jan 19 2014, 11:01am Anchor

I have asked for help here : Moddb.com
but nobody has replied to me

What will Desura do?
Is it like Nexus mod manager?

Maybe I should learn more about it :)

I read the About page and didnt understand fully, sorry :(

Kyou.
Kyou. Mornin.
Jan 20 2014, 2:38am Anchor

Yeah the Desura client works like the nexus mod manager.  Really useful for this kinda stuff.

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.