Forum Thread
Red Alert 3 Sinking Dead Units (Forums : Coding & Scripting : Red Alert 3 Sinking Dead Units) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 26 2013 Anchor

I want to know if you can stop dead units from sinking or increase the time before they sink into the ground, I just want to make this look realistic. I have a Very High-End PC, so I have really nothing to worry about performance wise.

Edited by: |||||||||||||||||

Jun 28 2013 Anchor

Sorry a simple cut and paste reply.. from alienhunter about a tib wars edit (yes you can also edit RA3 in the same manner)
Hey its really easy to make bodys stay longer, you just gotta download tibed 2 and and to infantry, select unit. For example...go to
GDI Infantry- commando- and change DestructionDelay="8.5s"
SinkDelay="7s" so it looks like this DestructionDelay="90000s"
SinkDelay="85000s"
And for vehicles go to Full asset list- ObjectCreationList-
for example "OCL_GDIJuggernaughtHuskDebris" change MaxLifetime="3.s" to "300.s" or "9000.s" that is all :)
I strongly recommand this for other mods but try not to make big squades of infantrys, it will slow your CPU. Good luck!

---edit end of that person statement and begin my simple statement:
DestructionDelay is what you search for in the xml files to delay how long the bodys drop for... you can do it with tibed 2 or simply edit your xmls (using notepad)add includes and put them all into a mod file you then compile and play..
please note most tutorials for c&c 3 are simmilar and will probably help you learn more of how to mod RA3.

--

Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet.
Don't force it, get a larger hammer.
I tried to daydream, but my mind kept wandering

Jul 4 2013 Anchor

The_splat wrote: Sorry a simple cut and paste reply.. from alienhunter about a tib wars edit (yes you can also edit RA3 in the same manner)
Hey its really easy to make bodys stay longer, you just gotta download tibed 2 and and to infantry, select unit. For example...go to
GDI Infantry- commando- and change DestructionDelay="8.5s"
SinkDelay="7s" so it looks like this DestructionDelay="90000s"
SinkDelay="85000s"
And for vehicles go to Full asset list- ObjectCreationList-
for example "OCL_GDIJuggernaughtHuskDebris" change MaxLifetime="3.s" to "300.s" or "9000.s" that is all :)
I strongly recommand this for other mods but try not to make big squades of infantrys, it will slow your CPU. Good luck!

---edit end of that person statement and begin my simple statement:
DestructionDelay is what you search for in the xml files to delay how long the bodys drop for... you can do it with tibed 2 or simply edit your xmls (using notepad)add includes and put them all into a mod file you then compile and play..
please note most tutorials for c&c 3 are simmilar and will probably help you learn more of how to mod RA3.

So RA3 should be similar?

Jul 5 2013 Anchor

Essentially the coding would be almost exactly the same , most not all of the tools i have encountered for RA3 have had very little needing changed to work with c&c 3 tiberian wars from big file extractors to random map generators to ip address lan changers , theres even a RA3 compiler that bibber made from RA3 to work with c&c 3 tib wars.
So in closing .. ALmost the exact same coding very little apart from some shaders and locomotors have changed.

--

Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet.
Don't force it, get a larger hammer.
I tried to daydream, but my mind kept wandering

Aug 31 2013 Anchor

What file to edit?

I can not find any XML files.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.