Forum Thread
Red Alert 1. (Forums : Suggestions : Red Alert 1.) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 15 2012 Anchor

Guys,

Today I played red alert 1 again (I do this once in a while) on the pc. In the old days I used to play this on the playstation. The sidebar of the playstation was far superior than the sidebar of the pc version. So I request a mod which replaces the pc sidebar by the one of the ps version, or something similar. RA1 is just to micromanaging for the pc, i cant built infantry or tanks at the same time because im building a base, fighting, busy, etc. It is annoying to scroll between 20 units and to scroll back again for a pillbox. I dont know anything about modding but I think this isnt to much work and i think that a lot of players would like it.

cheerse,

me

PS. It would also be nice if helicopters can aim faster and rockets dont miss their targets, making infantry more usefull :P

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Mar 15 2012 Anchor

If you want a mod, you have to make it yourself. There isn't a pile of bored people here with nothing better to do than take requests.

For the record, it's quite likely the playstation UI cannot be ported to the PC.

Mar 15 2012 Anchor

ambershee wrote: If you want a mod, you have to make it yourself. There isn't a pile of bored people here with nothing better to do than take requests.

For the record, it's quite likely the playstation UI cannot be ported to the PC.

I concur and would like to add that UI and gameplay on a Console version of a RTS is usually dumbed down and simplified because of the limits of a controller. I have played several RTS on the PC and then tried out the console versions and found my actual ability in game hindered by the extreme limitations of the console and it's controller.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.