Forum Thread
RE HL 2 MOD (Forums : Development Banter : RE HL 2 MOD) Locked
Thread Options
Feb 27 2005 Anchor

I could be leader who keeps it organized, webdesigner, forum moderator, sound effect guy, voice actor, script writer, and texture artist. Hell I could even do the level designs and someone could translate them into Hammer. Anyone here down to make the best RE game ever? It would be single and multiplayer. The single player would use a script that me and another person conglomerate on. And we would get voice actors and rip sound effects from the RE games.

The multiplayer would consist of a group of people spawning as humans with various weapons(how weapons will be determined will be thought up). And 2 people will spawn as zombies. The zombies walk at 75% of what the humans walk. The zombies only have a melee attack and can throw various boxes. The boxes can't kill but can knock down opponents. If a zombie gets 5 kills he becomes a crimson head or something like that. The game ends when time expires or all humans are zombies. Tell me what you guys think.

Feb 27 2005 Anchor

i think you need to make a mod not based on a popular franchise. If you really like some idea don't strip it's name and pride. Make your own version with similarities. For god's sake man, there is enough "RE:The Best Game Ever"s out there as it is. And as you can tell from my tone, none of them got anywhere except to the recycle bin.

• Strip the name Resident Evil

• Make up your own idea, and if you are gonna rip sounds, don't do it all from one well known game, its monotonous.

• Sell your idea with media, where is this site? script? Textures? Or even concept art? People will be much more interested in a product that has shown some effort in the past.

• [*]If this is your first mod (I'm assuming so) Make a much more filtered plan, don't say "its going to be singleplayer and multiplayer with [insert glams glitza and whistles here]" Make a relatively simple thought out plan, and if you accomplish something then move on to make it better. If you aren't doing the work itself and need others don't set their goals before they even think of joining. Everyone wants to be part of the spotlight as sad as it is and Leaders who don't play the most crucial parts (coding, mapper/texture artist/hard worker, or a part not very hard to fufill by anyone whos anyone 'PR guy, leader,') are not even considered and their ideas and sometimes even their modding career end up in the bin.

Feb 27 2005 Anchor

I believe the best Resident evil game ever was already made. Coincidentially, it was made by the people who made Resident Evil. Try being original next time, or at least have a different title.

--

User Posted Image
    I LOVE You
    FUH-Q

Reply to thread
    click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.