Forum Thread
quake 3 vs. unreal 2k4 (Forums : Development Banter : quake 3 vs. unreal 2k4) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 27 2004 Anchor

ok we are working on a mod called Fighters Unlimited... Moddb.com and we were wondering...should we make the mod based on ut2k4 or quake 3 based on compatibility...graphic(like this part is competition) features...importabilit...and the like,,,and can i please get an explanation...thank you...

Jun 27 2004 Anchor

ut2k4 :|

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Jun 27 2004 Anchor

Of course Quake3 is more compatible, it supports low-end video cards :|

Nice slogan however....

"We put the F U in FUN"

O_o

- Edited By CheapAlert On Sun 27th, Jun 2004 @ 6:19:10pm

--

<  insert subject games here  >

Jun 27 2004 Anchor

huh ?

q3 is older and the community is filled with more crap than good. not many want to make a q3 mod anymore. dont ask why.. because i dont know.

if you have a low-end vid card then upgrade. nuff said.

chis
chis Old man.
Jun 27 2004 Anchor

well I have seen many great finished mods ut2k4, not so many for quake 3 :paranoid

Although I think quake3 is prolly easier/nicer engine to work with

- Edited By chis-wk On Sun 27th, Jun 2004 @ 11:46:43pm

--

Nothing.

leilei
Jun 27 2004 Anchor

carni wrote: q3 is older and the community is filled with more crap than good.

And what about ut2k4 then? :|

After all, he asked what's more compatible, and q3a obviously is.

carni wrote: dont ask why.. because i dont know.

What you don't know obviously doesn't count.

- Edited By CheapAlert On Sun 27th, Jun 2004 @ 6:57:37pm

--

arghvark
arghvark (Cult) Member
Jun 27 2004 Anchor

Go with Q3 you would probably get lost in all of ut2k4's mods (no offense)

--

Karuto wrote: Spammers? Excuse me, but I always contribute to the conversation and hardly ever go off-topic. Not to mention, I contribute more to my post than just a plain one-liner. I may post a lot, but I'm not a spammer along the terms you guys set, but whatever...

Irony at its finest.
User Posted Image

Jun 27 2004 Anchor

i dont know why people dont mod q3 more. thats what i meant. ut2k4 seems to offer more and i think looks alot nicer in the end. this isnt a q3 vrs ut2k4.

any excuse to argue... :rolleyes:

arghvark
arghvark (Cult) Member
Jun 28 2004 Anchor

I cant believe you think I am that petty, I check all my hatered at the cosmos door. Knock it off and releax.

--

Karuto wrote: Spammers? Excuse me, but I always contribute to the conversation and hardly ever go off-topic. Not to mention, I contribute more to my post than just a plain one-liner. I may post a lot, but I'm not a spammer along the terms you guys set, but whatever...

Irony at its finest.
User Posted Image

leilei
Jun 28 2004 Anchor

carni wrote: this isnt a q3 vrs ut2k4.

Did you miss the thread title? O_o

--

Jun 28 2004 Anchor

yes, if you noticed he put this up for personal benefit of a good engine to mod. not for the two to duel between people.

I cant believe you think I am that petty, I check all my hatered at the cosmos door. Knock it off and releax.

wasnt talking to you.

Jun 28 2004 Anchor

well, the mod is probably not going to be good, since you have to ask people what game engine you should use. People shouldn't need to tell you what game engine to use, you should just decide it on your own.

As hot girls say "Duh!!!!!!!".

a_llama
a_llama Teh moddb llama
Jun 28 2004 Anchor

Klowns is a retard, don't listen to him.

Anyhoo, i'd go with ut2k4, more community support, you can do stuff with it that you can't do with quake 3 etc.

Jun 28 2004 Anchor

lol, he actually did kind of have a point. people who ask for the primaray concepts with no experience in that field are most likely doomed to failure. sorry to say it. but klowns is right on this one.

no matter how retarded he may be :paranoid:

Jun 28 2004 Anchor

ok first off you two clowns...shut up...next off thanks for all the help and i was asking to give the public some say in it/...not because we are unsure about it...we already chose we just wanted to know what the actual people who played it wanted it on.[kinda offtopic] how can you base how good a game is gonna be klowns just from someone asking a question...people ask questions to get around...or get more knowledge...nexttime please think before you type[/kinda offtopic]

- Edited By krazyace On Mon 28th, Jun 2004 @ 1:15:38pm

Dragonmaw
Dragonmaw modDB Ninja
Jul 6 2004 Anchor

UT2K4 because it has an easy modding interface, simple code, and a thriving community (UnrealWiki comes to mind) as well as a diverse range of mods.

Quake 3 is outdated, and has few good mods, but it is still fun. But to attract more people to your mod, UT2K4 is the way to go.

--

User Posted Image

Epi7aph
Epi7aph I listen to albums. (Formally StormÇrøw)
Jul 6 2004 Anchor

yeah, an 2k4 is made with an awesome engine and some neat skinning and mapping techniques

--

ModDB Fucking Oldtimer and (ex) Crow
Who changed my signature!
Playlist
User Posted Image

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.