Forum Thread
[Profit-Share] Looking for people on 2 projects (Forums : Recruiting & Resumes : [Profit-Share] Looking for people on 2 projects) Locked
Thread Options
May 20 2016 Anchor

Hello, My name is Leland Lewis- Team Leader of Neon Burst Games

I’m starting 2 projects known as TD-Link and Runshot: Spiral Motion, I will be running 2 projects at the same time.
I'm searching for 6 people that would like to get started on these projects:
I need an programmer, Artist and an Sound Engineer for the 2 projects and i will only need 3 people for each group on my team.
As for the projects here is the brief explanation about the 2 projects:

TD-Link- Is an Tag-Team 2D Platformer/Endless Runner where you take control of 2 characters, fighting baddies using Tag team action. They are 4 playing classes in the game:

• Warrior- Capable of Inflict Heavy damage against enemies and take punishment, But Slow as molasses
  • Rogue- Swift and Elusive, can switch between Long & Close Range attacks but not good with Damage taking.
  • Mage- Powerful and capable of casting spells to defend or attack, but is very squishy.
  • Gunner- Jack of all trades, Capable of dashing on the ground or air

Runshot: Spiral Motion- The game is about you being one of the chosen, warriors that wield various powers and Running from an organization known as "Hunters" who seek to elimate you and your kind at all cost

• Chosens' Powers- Your main weapon when comes down to fighting enemies, your powers go through ACTs, an stage where your powers will become more useful or worthless based on which ones you chose in the beginning. You can upgrade your powers during gameplay from ACT 1 to ACT 4(At it's most powerful) by fulfill conditions within the game.

What we are going to use for this project

• Unity 5x(Update often as you can)
  • Skype for Communications
  • Google Drive

What i'm Look for in a team member-

• You must be committed to finish an projects

• Have an year of 2+ Years of Game Dev Experience

• Able to be stay in communication constantly through the Project

• If you are doing other projects, disclose it with me right away to avoid any complications on the long run
    • Flexibility is very recommended
  • Have Built their own game
  • Also be able to share your story on how you got into game dev

Requirements

For programmers

• Experience with using Unity, Unreal and other Game engines
  • Proficient with UI, Gameplay, Graphics, Input or Scripting Programming.
  • Having an portfolio helps an lot
  • Must have 3 years+ of experience or more
  • Must be Active every week, if you have other projects best disclose with me before beginning

For Artists

• Experience with 2D/3D artwork
  • Good with Animations
  • Having an portfolio helps
  • Must have 3 years+ of experience or more
  • Must be Active every week, if you have other projects best disclose with me before beginning

For Designers:

• Good at Designing gameplay mechanics, Level Design
  • Good at communicating with others
  • Improving and come up with new ideas
  • Experience with Art/Animation/Programmer
  • 3 years of experience or more is highly recommended

For Sound Engineers:

• Must have an portfolio of soundtracks
  • Must be good at making sounds for the game
  • 3 years of experience or more is highly recommended

You can contact me via Skype and skype name is lelandcen or you can message me on the forums

GeneralJist
GeneralJist Titles of a "General" nature
May 21 2016 Anchor

1.For Artists, you want good 2d/3D & animations, so you’re looking for someone that can do it all, animation is usually a separate skill onto itself, just making Shure your aware of that. Also you need to separate 2D and 3D animators.

2.What is your background and experience? And links/ portfolio and your websites for these projects?

3.By asking for people with 1-3 years of experience, I can only assume you have that much experience yourself? Those are quite high requirements, most 2D projects don't last a continuous year of development unless it's industry/ AAA indie, expecting modders and indies to sign on with the info you've provided will be hard, I assure you.

4. The only situation in which I could see it being reasonable to get people of the caliber your looking for is if your a registered company, and released previous titles, and upon a quick google search, I found no such company.

I say this all with 5+ years of experience, so just letting you know, unless you have something impressive to show that has been done on your projects already, you will not get people with the level of experience your looking for. All I see is ideas, ideas in pre pre production, I challenge you to prove me wrong.

Edited by: GeneralJist

--

Our home page:

Honorgames.co

My 1st book:

Booklocker.com

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.