Forum Thread
Problems installing UT2004 on linux (Forums : PC Gaming : Problems installing UT2004 on linux) Locked
Thread Options
ShadowDragon
ShadowDragon ShadowLore Co-Leader & Modeler
Mar 28 2004 Anchor

Hi a friend and I just bought the full game of Unreal Tournement 2004. Windows/Linux hybrid. But I am unable to install it on my linux box running gentoo linux. But when it ask's for disk 2 I am unable to unmount disk 1, so I have to use a safty pen to do it. Then when I insert disk 2, the installer is unable to see it. Even thou it's mounted and readable. I've tried installing it thru the command line, copying all the files on disk 1 to the hard drive, and have disk 2 already in the drive. But nothing works. Any ideas would be appreciated.
P.S. it installed perfectly on my friends XP box.

--

ShadowLore profile: Moddb.com

ShortCutMan
ShortCutMan ♥ Pure ♥ Bred ♥ Geek ♥
Mar 29 2004 Anchor

Must be a conflict or problem with your Linux. Try asking around on the Atari forums, or at BeyondUnreal Forums.

--

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 98% that is an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
User Posted Image

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.