Forum Thread
Opening mods through origin (C & C 3) (Forums : Support : Opening mods through origin (C & C 3)) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 29 2013 Anchor

Hi. A friend of mine is having problems with opening up the mods through the origin app.
It does not work at all.

I belive it's the origin application causing this problem. Is this so?

Is there a way to fix this?
We are trying to run a command and conquer 3 mod, but the freakin origin blocks it. At least I think so.

Please help.

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
Jan 29 2013 Anchor

You are correct, origin does not allow modding in the game purchased on it.

--

Jan 30 2013 Anchor

making your signature gif an appropriate response

--

>:|

Mar 14 2013 Anchor

push

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Mar 14 2013 Anchor

Henley wrote: You are correct, origin does not allow modding in the game purchased on it.

Lolwut? So you buy a game that has mods for it, but if you start it through Origin you cannot use any mods? I managed not to become part of the Origin "Family" yet (missed a couple of great games by that), so I fail to imagine how restrictive the service is. This seems like a really dumb thing to do. I wonder why nobody ever boycots EA bigtime, I guess we are all too horny to play the latest game, eh?

Talk about selling out your freedom. Sigh. The bad thing is - there is really nothing we can do, except not play through Origin. If you do that you cannot play half or more of the big commercial titles. However, to emplore such a service without giving another option seems like a monopolisation and forces players to adapt to company policies (like no mods). This means that the company is in charge now and whatever they decide to do for or against their products, we will suffer it first.

Edited by: SinKing

--

User Posted Image

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.