|Need help with Milkshape 3D 1.8.4 modelling for Half-Life 1!||Post Reply|
HLModder I'm a HL1/2 modder.
|Dec 22 2012, 8:13pm Anchor|
im making a half-life mod, and i edited the MP5 model to have a Silencer on it but when i compile it it either messes up or theres nothing new heres what i do.
1. go into the Half-Life.Gcf file and extract "v_9mmar and w_9mmar, p_9mmar."
2. Open Jed HLMV 1.3.6 and decompile the viewmodel
3. Open the model reference .smd file left behind by decompiling (mp5sd.smd)
4. put a cylender in a little shorter than the barrel.
5. rotate the cylender on the barrel and apply the (HK_chrome) texture
6. Save as (v_9mmar.ms3d)
7. Do Generate QC file
8. edit the line studio "./reference" to studio "./mp5sd"
9. Save QC
10. Go into Milkshape again and do "Compile QC File"
11. I open my new model and its either some mp5 model with no sequences or weapon origin or theres no silencer at all.
Please help me, i really want my MP5 for my half-life mod to have a silencer, feel free to reply
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.