Forum Thread
by member
Poll: Interested in a HTML tutorial on how to Moddb? (33 votes)
  Posts  
My profile is utterly awesome (Forums : General Banter : My profile is utterly awesome) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
[TZP]LoNer1
[TZP]LoNer1 Public Relations
Oct 10 2012, 9:06am Anchor

Click on my icon! :D

I am preparing a tutorial, providing all the images i used, html in .txt files and ofc. the codes.

Who's interested in this? :)

SwissKnight
SwissKnight Dear Leader
Oct 10 2012, 10:13am Anchor

"Age: 16"

And thus does everything make sense.

[TZP]LoNer1
[TZP]LoNer1 Public Relations
Oct 10 2012, 10:15am Anchor

Yes, it does. But have you checked the other sections? :P

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Oct 10 2012, 10:23am Anchor

The buttons available don't seem to work for me... still I must admit it's quite an impressive setup.

[TZP]LoNer1
[TZP]LoNer1 Public Relations
Oct 10 2012, 10:33am Anchor

It's a smart and pretty simple (once you know how to) copy / paste procedure. There's a lot of trial and error involved but the idea is simple:

You project an image from the blog, which does allow html, anywhere in your profile :) there you go. I got it from my mods page, which all have my "TZP" group logo projected on top of them with embedded links.

Oct 10 2012, 10:51am Anchor

You wish you had that DICE approved tag.

[TZP]LoNer1
[TZP]LoNer1 Public Relations
Oct 10 2012, 11:13am Anchor

Funny thing is i can get it ;)

I did a lot in the BF2 modding community and a friend of mine got one because of before-mentioned statement.

But i dont want it, only makes people want to knife me :P

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
Oct 10 2012, 10:19pm Anchor

Interesting...

--

[TZP]LoNer1
[TZP]LoNer1 Public Relations
Oct 11 2012, 3:03am Anchor

When i saw you here, i'd thought you'd tell me this is against the moddb law and remove the stuff from my profile xD

Edited by: [TZP]LoNer1

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Oct 11 2012, 9:25am Anchor
[TZP wrote:LoNer1]When i saw you here, i'd thought you'd tell me this is against the moddb law and remove the stuff from my profile xD

ModDB is against people modifying... their own profiles? That seems... ironic...

[TZP]LoNer1
[TZP]LoNer1 Public Relations
Oct 11 2012, 10:46am Anchor
Reqieumthefallen wrote:
[TZP wrote:LoNer1]When i saw you here, i'd thought you'd tell me this is against the moddb law and remove the stuff from my profile xD

ModDB is against people modifying... their own profiles? That seems... ironic...



You never know. I did the same on dA and there they did remove the html from my and other users profiles.

Arcones
Arcones I don't even know...
Oct 11 2012, 2:14pm Anchor

Funny, when I saw this thread I knew immediately who it was :P

Nice job bro.

macacos2
macacos2 maps at the speed of a crippled turtle
Oct 11 2012, 3:02pm Anchor
SwissKnight wrote:"Age: 16"

Give the guy a break, that's quite the good looking design he did. The earlier you start fondling with stuff like that the better you get.

--

[TZP]LoNer1
[TZP]LoNer1 Public Relations
Oct 11 2012, 3:27pm Anchor
macacos2 wrote:
SwissKnight wrote:"Age: 16"

Give the guy a break, that's quite the good looking design he did. The earlier you start fondling with stuff like that the better you get.


I am further with things some people might think at first :) I know what I am capable off so i dont take anything from anyone ;)

Relto
Relto Kharak is burning.
Oct 11 2012, 4:09pm Anchor

If there was mad dubstep playing in the background it would be perfect bro

SwissKnight wrote:"Age: 16"

You haven't drowned in an unfortunate dishwasher accident yet.

Edited by: Relto

[TZP]LoNer1
[TZP]LoNer1 Public Relations
Oct 11 2012, 4:23pm Anchor

I had, i removed it because it would go well with the embedded vids i have in my profile ;)

Oct 13 2012, 7:48am Anchor
[TZP wrote:LoNer1]Funny thing is i can get it ;)

I did a lot in the BF2 modding community and a friend of mine got one because of before-mentioned statement.

But i dont want it, only makes people want to knife me :P


Nah don't think so pal.

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Oct 14 2012, 12:45am Anchor
DrPaddles wrote:If there was mad dubstep playing in the background it would be perfect bro

SwissKnight wrote:"Age: 16"

You haven't drowned in an unfortunate dishwasher accident yet.


NO! No dubstep... the only dubstep appropriate game/thing was Syndicate.

Colossal_Dragon
Colossal_Dragon 3D modeler and soon to be animator.
Oct 14 2012, 10:05pm Anchor

Very impressive set up, must have taken a long time :)

JigsawPieces
JigsawPieces Shut up, that's why.
Oct 14 2012, 11:13pm Anchor

I seem to recall autoplaying music on profiles being against the rules, though I may be wrong about that. It would likely annoy some though since a lot of people like to browse while listening to music. Even (or perhaps I should say especially) good musician's portfolio sites don't have autoplaying music.

Arcones
Arcones I don't even know...
Oct 14 2012, 11:51pm Anchor
JigsawPieces wrote:I seem to recall autoplaying music on profiles being against the rules, though I may be wrong about that.

I remember that too, although I believe Henley might've said that partly tongue in cheek at the time.

[TZP]LoNer1
[TZP]LoNer1 Public Relations
Oct 15 2012, 4:51am Anchor
Minuit wrote:
[TZP wrote:LoNer1]Funny thing is i can get it ;)

I did a lot in the BF2 modding community and a friend of mine got one because of before-mentioned statement.

But i dont want it, only makes people want to knife me :P


Nah don't think so pal.


Whatever "pal" :P Believe what you want to believe :)

Reqieumthefallen wrote:
DrPaddles wrote:If there was mad dubstep playing in the background it would be perfect bro

SwissKnight wrote:"Age: 16"

You haven't drowned in an unfortunate dishwasher accident yet.


NO! No dubstep... the only dubstep appropriate game/thing was Syndicate.


I didnt have dubstep, I had the soundtrack of Inception, the trailer. I think it was called "Time, by hans zimmer" or something.

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Oct 15 2012, 7:31am Anchor
[TZP wrote:LoNer1]
Minuit wrote:
[TZP wrote:LoNer1]Funny thing is i can get it ;)

I did a lot in the BF2 modding community and a friend of mine got one because of before-mentioned statement.

But i dont want it, only makes people want to knife me :P


Nah don't think so pal.


Whatever "pal" :P Believe what you want to believe :)

Reqieumthefallen wrote:
DrPaddles wrote:If there was mad dubstep playing in the background it would be perfect bro

SwissKnight wrote:"Age: 16"

You haven't drowned in an unfortunate dishwasher accident yet.



NO! No dubstep... the only dubstep appropriate game/thing was Syndicate.


I didnt have dubstep, I had the soundtrack of Inception, the trailer. I think it was called "Time, by hans zimmer" or something.


I know you don't have dubstep set to the background, but someone else was trying to suggest it. Inception's soundtrack is a far better choice. That or maybe Spec Ops: The Line's.

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
Oct 16 2012, 10:17pm Anchor
Arcones wrote:
JigsawPieces wrote:I seem to recall autoplaying music on profiles being against the rules, though I may be wrong about that.

I remember that too, although I believe Henley might've said that partly tongue in cheek at the time.


Naturally I am against anything that decreases the load time on the site, this includes auto playing videos/audio. Plus it just sucks donkey balls when you open a lot of tabs. This kids work is good I do not mind it at all, I fix a lot of profiles that break things doing this but it seems clean to me.

--

[TZP]LoNer1
[TZP]LoNer1 Public Relations
Oct 17 2012, 2:34am Anchor

That's a big compliment to me Henley, and yes, i dont use big file sizes, i hate long loading times as well! xD so i always use .jpg with 75% compression ;)

Shameless bump!

Well, after some refining with dubstep in my ears, I am uploading the tutorial for you guys!

And Henley, you got a shoutout bro :D

lol

How to ModdB Guide v1

Edited by: [TZP]LoNer1

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.