Forum Thread
by member
  Posts  
My MMORPG Project: Meridian Core Online Devlog (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : My MMORPG Project: Meridian Core Online Devlog) Post Reply
Thread Options
Oct 6 2013, 9:07pm Anchor

Hey everyone,

I've spent the last three years working in conjunction with my best friend to create an action-oriented MMORPG. We still aren't quite ready to be beta testing yet since we can only work nights and weekends on this due to having full-time jobs, but we're at the point now where we'd at least like to introduce people to the game.

We should be beta testing in the next year or so. We've got all the back-end programming done and now we just need to implement content into the game.

A little description of the game:

Meridian Core Online is being made by us, under our newly formed Ghost Mantis Games LLC. It utilizes Unity and is a Massively Multiplayer RPG with a emphasis on the fighting engine. Think Devil May Cry meets WoW. We really just want the game to be fun.

Since I"m the Concept Artist on this project I'll mostly be posting my artwork here, but if you'd like to see screenshots or whatever let me know and I can either have my friend create an account here or get images from him to upload.

Our website Ghostmantis.com has a more complete picture but is still under construction. We'll be posting images, screenshots, tutorials, and even some code for the public to use to hopefully aid in creating your own titles or at least save some people the headache of googling the crap outta things all the time.

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy what we've got so far. :)
Meridian Core Online Concept Art
Meridian Core Online Concept Art
Meridian Core Online Concept Art
Meridian Core Online Concept Art
Meridian Core Online Concept Art
Meridian Core Online Concept Art
Meridian Core Online Concept Art
Meridian Core Online Concept Art
Meridian Core Online Concept Art
Meridian Core Online Concept Art

Here's some more stuff from the game, including some screenshots. :) The reason the character model isn't textured is because she hasn't been finalized. She's really just there for testing purposes at the moment. Hope you enjoy.

 

Here's a quick character update to let you know we're still working in this title. This character has already been designed head to toe in black and white, but I haven't gotten around to coloring all of her yet. THis is what I've got so far. I'll try to find the time to finish this in the next two weeks but I'm busy as hell at the moment.

Hope you like it.

Hey,

Here are a few more creature concepts. My partner is currently modeling the penguin looking creature. As soon as he finishes that and I texture it I'll take some screenshots so you can see what the in-game look of one of our creatures will be like.

In the meantime, here are the two new designs.

 

So my homeboy modeled one of my creature designs for the game. I'll post the final textured version as soon as we can get this thing done! :)

So I started texturing the penguin like creature. I haven't even touched the arms or legs yet, and the rest of the character needs a bit more refinement, but this is what I've got so far.

Got this little dude finished. Now it's time to move on to the next one.

Nov 25 2013, 9:56pm Anchor

Damn. To be honest, I don't even know what to start with here. I love the litle creature on the last few images! Landscape-wise the whole thing reminds me a bit of a mixture of Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2, which in itself is a compliment because both games are amazing. Because everything else seems to be great as well, I won't go into detail, I hope it is acceptable if I just say "It is all great!". 

Is there any way to follow your game's progress?

TKAzA
TKAzA Rightio then...
Nov 25 2013, 10:02pm Anchor

Looks awesome where's your indiedb profile?

--

TKAzA
DBolical Community Manager
Get Noticed Get Headlined

Copyright, IndieDB, SlideDB or ModDB issues PM me.
www.moddb.com www.indiedb.com www.slidedb.com
Do you like 3D Art? We do too!

Nov 25 2013, 11:55pm Anchor
Yldrania wrote:Damn. To be honest, I don't even know what to start with here. I love the litle creature on the last few images! Landscape-wise the whole thing reminds me a bit of a mixture of Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2, which in itself is a compliment because both games are amazing. Because everything else seems to be great as well, I won't go into detail, I hope it is acceptable if I just say "It is all great!". 

Is there any way to follow your game's progress?


Hey. Our official page can be seen @ Ghostmantis.com That's generally where you'll find the latest and greatest in terms of updates.  That's also where the game will eventually be released. I'm trying my best to keep up with sites like this and update with the newest information whenever possible. That being said sometimes it's really hard to keep all of this stuff in check.

TKAzA wrote:Looks awesome where's your indiedb profile?

I guess I'm not 100% sure what you're asking. You can just click on my Avatar to view my profile, but the thread on indiedb is @

Indiedb.com

Thanks for the compliments guys. I appreciate it. :) The main female character model has been finalized now so I'll be texturing that one next. I'll upload some screen grabs as soon as I have something decent to show.

 

TKAzA
TKAzA Rightio then...
Nov 26 2013, 5:41am Anchor
Pasty-white wrote:
Yldrania wrote:
Is there any way to follow your game's progress?

Hey. Our official page can be seen @ Ghostmantis.com That's generally where you'll find the latest and greatest in terms of updates.  That's also where the game will eventually be released. I'm trying my best to keep up with sites like this and update with the newest information whenever possible. That being said sometimes it's really hard to keep all of this stuff in check.

TKAzA wrote:Looks awesome where's your indiedb profile?

I guess I'm not 100% sure what you're asking. You can just click on my Avatar to view my profile, but the thread on indiedb is @
Indiedb.com
Thanks for the compliments guys. I appreciate it. :) The main female character model has been finalized now so I'll be texturing that one next. I'll upload some screen grabs as soon as I have something decent to show. 



Sorry for the confusion, Your profile isnt a game profile, you game will get allot more attention with a game profile, that people can track and comment on.

Im inviting you to add your game to our listing here.
Indiedb.com

That would be listed here.
Indiedb.com

At the moment there is no way for people to find your game unless they come to the forums.
Indiedb.com

Game profiles just make it easy to keep your community up to date with your games development this helps grow your games community.

--

TKAzA
DBolical Community Manager
Get Noticed Get Headlined

Copyright, IndieDB, SlideDB or ModDB issues PM me.
www.moddb.com www.indiedb.com www.slidedb.com
Do you like 3D Art? We do too!

Nov 26 2013, 8:15am Anchor
TKAzA wrote:
Pasty-white wrote:
Yldrania wrote:
Is there any way to follow your game's progress?

Hey. Our official page can be seen @ Ghostmantis.com That's generally where you'll find the latest and greatest in terms of updates.  That's also where the game will eventually be released. I'm trying my best to keep up with sites like this and update with the newest information whenever possible. That being said sometimes it's really hard to keep all of this stuff in check.

TKAzA wrote:Looks awesome where's your indiedb profile?

I guess I'm not 100% sure what you're asking. You can just click on my Avatar to view my profile, but the thread on indiedb is @
Indiedb.com
Thanks for the compliments guys. I appreciate it. :) The main female character model has been finalized now so I'll be texturing that one next. I'll upload some screen grabs as soon as I have something decent to show. 



Sorry for the confusion, Your profile isnt a game profile, you game will get allot more attention with a game profile, that people can track and comment on.

Im inviting you to add your game to our listing here.
Indiedb.com

That would be listed here.
Indiedb.com

At the moment there is no way for people to find your game unless they come to the forums.
Indiedb.com

Game profiles just make it easy to keep your community up to date with your games development this helps grow your games community.


That is exactly what I meant with "Any way to follow progress?". I'll bookmark your homepage, but I am likely to forget to check it too many times. It would be more convenient if it would have a thread like TKAzA said, so that I could track it and be updated automatically every time you publish something new, or release the game.

Dec 17 2013, 11:51am Anchor

Finally got some more updates to show here. That doesn't mean we haven't been incredibly busy working away on this title.

I've been working on texturing the character model. It isn't finished yet but it's getting there and I figure it's at a good place to show it off. BTW i didn't texture the feet because she'll be wearing boots, at least to start.

Also, Fishypants (my partner on this project) has been grinding away on the programming side of things. He's recently incorporated a custom radial blur effect that will happen when you're kicking ass. Plus he found an awesome unity plug-in that does great glowy lighting effects. He's also added occlusion culling to the game so that should help with frame rate.

Without further adieu.

I textured an outfit directly onto the model so we don't just have some naked chick running around the game anymore. I'm currently working on texturing her first haircut. Woot! Also attached a quick outfit concept that I did recently. I'm gonna have to bust out a ton of these in the near future so there'll probably be a decent amount of updates for the next week or so.

A couple more updates.

New skin texture and we're getting started on some hairstyles as well.

Here's the latest character concept.


Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.