Forum Thread
by member
Modern Warfare 2 NO MOD or DEDICATED SERVER SUPPORT! (Forums : PC Gaming : Modern Warfare 2 NO MOD or DEDICATED SERVER SUPPORT!) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4
Nov 3 2009, 5:56pm Anchor
DragonSypher wrote:Here's a thought:
Why not make IW waste money by forcing them to produce the PC version?  Don't cancel your preorder but make more preorders at places that will refund your money (e.g. Gamestop) then cancel your preorder once the game arrives.  Force IW to make the PC version of MW2 and then boycott it.  If we all cancel before it's released they just won't produce it and focus on the console side.

yeah I don't think you understand what "gone gold" means.

It means the master copy has been replicated to the Publishers specification, the Publisher just buys a heap on them and distributes them to the various wholesalers. The copies are already made- they've already been sold.. by doing this you have more of a risk that the retailer will go bankrupt than you do the publisher and developer. The Retailer makes their money off the sales from the consumer, the wholesaler makes theirs off the retailer, and the publisher off the wholesaler. (in the case of Gamestop though I think they are a wholesaler and retailer.. I'm not exactly sure though. Their prices are a bit dodgy.)

If the retailer and wholesaler run out of stock, then the publisher makes even more money because they can now make more profits than they anticipated- more stock is added to the inventory meaning more sales.

ALSO:

Someone wrote:Modern Warfare 2 breaks GameStop preorder record

Au.gamespot.com

Are people freaking stupid...

Edited by: formerlyknownasMrCP

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Nov 4 2009, 10:54am Anchor

So in other news, the 25 kill streak ends the game, there's no way to boot griefing players, and there's probably no LAN support. Oh, and the IWNet system gives the hosting player the zero-ping advantage.

Nov 11 2009, 5:17am Anchor
Spector wrote:Ahehe, no dedicated server support wouldn't do jack against pirates. Like they would care, just rip the DVD to a iso file distribute, move onto the next game. Pirates are machines.

well, in my opinion, this seems like they want to ENCOURAGE pirating cause they just made a $60 arcade game, oh ya, message to the people who bought MW2 for the PC, u just wasted your money

Arxae
Arxae Resident Stepmania Freak :D
Nov 11 2009, 5:27am Anchor
yoda589 wrote:
Spector wrote:Ahehe, no dedicated server support wouldn't do jack against pirates. Like they would care, just rip the DVD to a iso file distribute, move onto the next game. Pirates are machines.

well, in my opinion, this seems like they want to ENCOURAGE pirating cause they just made a $60 arcade game, oh ya, message to the people who bought MW2 for the PC, u just wasted your money

indeed :)
they actualy said that they upped the prices the counter piracy..waitwut?

--

°w°

Nov 11 2009, 9:57am Anchor
Sigma wrote:
yoda589 wrote:

IW. U got to love'em:)

Nov 11 2009, 10:33am Anchor
matlef wrote:
Sigma wrote:
yoda589 wrote:

IW. U got to love'em:)

well, most of us do, but just hate MW2, am i right guys? :P
and they prob upped the price just to try and make up for their massive loss
i mean comon, at least they gave us a FEW good games, like the COD series (that does not include MW2)

Edited by: yoda589

Arxae
Nov 11 2009, 12:34pm Anchor

actually they upped the price to counter piracy
it was allso a test, and if its succesfull, more games will get it :'( those chances will be high, cuz its COD, everyone will buy it anyway :/

Edited by: Arxae

Nov 11 2009, 11:10pm Anchor
Sigma wrote:actually they upped the price to counter piracy
it was allso a test, and if its succesfull, more games will get it :'( those chances will be high, cuz its COD, everyone will buy it anyway :/

ya, only the people who cant think, i mean it is like they see ohh, it is COD must buy. it is like they are robots

Stubby
Stubby Displacement Palm Tree's
Nov 12 2009, 1:33am Anchor
yoda589 wrote:
ya, only the people who cant think, i mean it is like they see ohh, it is COD must buy. it is like they are robots

Its the same halo fags. moving on to the next game.

--

Source Level Designer with 5 years of experience, I Work for Situation Outbreak and Source Forts 2 Potentially open for more mods.

Arxae
Nov 12 2009, 12:43pm Anchor

well, halo and cod have 1 thing in common to me
they are not bad games, but they aren't that good like everyone says either
they are both mediocre at best

--

°w°

Nov 12 2009, 11:13pm Anchor

Au.gamespot.com

God Damn what an asshole, all this crap was just his own selfish desire to cash in.

HATE activision.. what an asshole.

Gibberstein
Gibberstein Generic Coder Type Thing
Nov 13 2009, 4:02am Anchor

It's official, Activision are the new EA. EA actually has some nice development teams hiding between the cash cows, being supported and nurtured. If Activision have any good teams left they're doing their best to murder them.

Hope Blizzard still have enough independence to resist the company line, otherwise Blizzard as we know them are doomed.

--

"lets say Portal is a puzzle game, so its a rehash of Tetris"
- Wraiyth points out the craziness of stereotyping games by their genre

ambershee
Nov 13 2009, 4:07am Anchor

So in other words, he's now expecting Activision to start failing? Does this not throw up warning flags for everyone in the company?

Nov 13 2009, 5:17am Anchor
ambershee wrote:So in other words, he's now expecting Activision to start failing? Does this not throw up warning flags for everyone in the company?

that's exactly what I thought.

Arxae
Nov 13 2009, 6:51am Anchor

that or he just does it for the money
i mean, its his job, no problem in earning him money
but not like this :/ he raises the prices of games to idiotic levels (to reduce piracy :/), then when MW2 sells allot (at that heightened price) he sells a bunch of stocks to earn even more
my guess is, he holds the majority of stocks to see whats gonna happen, if no more cash oppertunities arrise, then he will sell all :/

--

°w°

Nov 13 2009, 6:53am Anchor
Sigma wrote:that or he just does it for the money
but not like this :/ he raises the prices of games to idiotic levels (to reduce piracy :/), then when MW2 sells allot (at that heightened price) he sells a bunch of stocks to earn even more
my guess is, he holds the majority of stocks to see whats gonna happen, if no more cash oppertunities arrise, then he will sell all :/

Actually I looked at the link and gawd, he brought the shares at a great time. A dollar something to sell them for ten a piece. That is a jackpot.

Nov 13 2009, 9:25pm Anchor
VagabondPraetor wrote:
Sigma wrote:that or he just does it for the money

Actually I looked at the link and gawd, he brought the shares at a great time. A dollar something to sell them for ten a piece. That is a jackpot.

except look at how many crap things Activision has done in that time. Blame him for that.

ambershee
Nov 15 2009, 5:58pm Anchor

Uk.xbox360.ign.com

The secret behind 'no dedicated servers' revealed? It would certainly explain the deliberate removal from Activision games...

Arxae
Nov 16 2009, 2:41am Anchor
ambershee wrote:Uk.xbox360.ign.com

The secret behind 'no dedicated servers' revealed? It would certainly explain the deliberate removal from Activision games...

i actualy said there were rumors about it in another topic :p
so it looks like its true :/

--

°w°

ambershee
Nov 16 2009, 6:04am Anchor

Computerandvideogames.com

It is true. Pay-to-play Call of Duty in the near future :| ? This would be what Kotick was talking about when he said he wanted to be able to get Call of Duty gamers to spend $500 per game instead of $50.

Edited by: ambershee

Arxae
Nov 16 2009, 6:10am Anchor
ambershee wrote:Computerandvideogames.com

It is true. Pay-to-play Call of Duty in the near future :| ? This would be what Kotick was talking about when he said he wanted to be able to get Call of Duty gamers to spend $500 per game instead of $50.

pffft..pay2play is stupid as it is, but for a stupid fps game? now they crossed the line :/

--

°w°

Ark_
Ark_ Needs to finish something.
Nov 16 2009, 7:02am Anchor

yea, for a mmo a pay to play scheme is just about acceptable but for something like call of duty. No, its just pure greed.

Assaultman67
Assaultman67 Needs a fuckin' title
Nov 16 2009, 2:12pm Anchor

A challenger appears ...

Id still boycott the hell out of it :P ...

Edited by: Assaultman67

Arxae
Nov 16 2009, 2:34pm Anchor

haha and modding wins again :D
altho i can't see what the picture says (outside the obvious red letters :p)

Edited by: Arxae

DraeHD
DraeHD ModDB's Local ManWhore
Nov 16 2009, 3:29pm Anchor
Sigma wrote:haha and modding wins again :D
altho i can't see what the picture says (outside the obvious red letters :p)

Indeed.

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.