Forum Thread
Misery 2.0 Crashing. (Forums : Support : Misery 2.0 Crashing.) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 31 2013 Anchor

So i got Misery 2.0 to work and whenever i go to the menus and to configuration, it crashes and says that xray engine 1.6 has stopped working. I tried reinstalling Misery and CoP 2 times but it still does this. Please help, i don't know what to do anymore!

Aug 31 2013 Anchor

Have you tried
Running at administrator?
Verifying the Game Cache via steam?
Ran a malware check?
restarted your computer?
Uninstalled with REVO uninstaller?

Sep 1 2013 Anchor

It says that 13 files failed to validate and will be reacquired. What does that mean? It said files succesfully validated when misery was not on. I'm 100% sure i installed Misery 2.0 correctly+path+ GF, even 2 times.

I might reinstall it 1 more times. COuld you please give me the steps what to install first? I think the problem might be that i uninstall Misery and the patches wrong. Should i install Misery first then patch and then quickfix? Please help!

Dragonlord
Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Sep 1 2013 Anchor

There is a start-up crash with missing or otherwise corrupt files. Since it's a starting crash though the team doesn't care about fixing it for the time being. So you can only wait until it is fixed... maybe in a year...

Sep 5 2013 Anchor

So, please follow this guide:
1) Copy the log bit after ‘FATAL ERROR’
2) Paste this in a PM to the MISERY dev team
3) Add explanation of what was going on ingame
4) Add your savegames in the PM (upload through Sendspace or similar)

Kodesprog.dk

Dragonlord
Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Sep 5 2013 Anchor

The problem is that this particular crash does not involve a FATAL ERROR message. It's due to them having messed up something again with the thumbs.db file. In Misery 1 they had a similar bug. I don't know anymore how you could work around it but Misery 2 is affected by the same bug. But it's not on their ToFix list as mentioned.

Oct 23 2013 Anchor

I have a problem regardless my misery2.0 When I set up my setting on full my pc crashes every 5 minutes. I have figured out that it is somehow related to dx10 becaue when I switch to full dynamic lighting dx9 my game crashes are not every 5 minutes. Another issue is with Noe as soon as i started the game he is simply gone. he evaporated I can find him or his stupid dog WTF? My specifications are gtx 660 sli with all drivers required. inter core I5 3570k 16gb or corsair vengenance black edition 1600mhz and motherboard msi z-77-g45. thanks guys

Oct 23 2013 Anchor

fromPoland wrote: I have a problem regardless my misery2.0 When I set up my setting on full my pc crashes every 5 minutes. I have figured out that it is somehow related to dx10 becaue when I switch to full dynamic lighting dx9 my game crashes are not every 5 minutes. Another issue is with Noe as soon as i started the game he is simply gone. he evaporated I can find him or his stupid dog WTF? My specifications are gtx 660 sli with all drivers required. inter core I5 3570k 16gb or corsair vengenance black edition 1600mhz and motherboard msi z-77-g45. thanks guys

Uninstall windows update KB2670838 and/or don't have any dll hooks running while playing the game.

Misery also has it's own forums for bug reporting and the above information is also available at miserymod.com

Feb 13 2014 Anchor

Can I ask a question:

Where can I find the improvement boxes in the misery mod 2.0?

May 21 2014 Anchor

Hi!
First I want say sorry for my english.
So, now my problem. I have Misery 2.1 (latest patch). After installation and when I started the game, everything was all right. But when I open my inventory, every items has wrong "icon". Trader in Skadovsk (Owl) have the same problem. I really don't know what I have to do whit this. Can U help me, please? :) (For imagine, there is screen of my inventory.)
hx3y.jpg

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.