Forum Thread
Matrix Quake 3 Hiring (Forums : Development Banter : Matrix Quake 3 Hiring) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 8 2004 Anchor

Previously posted in another part of the forum, I discovered I wasnt posting in the wrong section......x_x. Anyways, here it is:

Matrix Quake 3 has re-opened the staff list again and we are in need of some. Matrix Quake 3 is a mod started back a couple years ago but died, and was handed over to me by the leader to continue a few months back.

Over the time of the re-opening, we have had models, maps and textures done, but yet no coding. We have hired an animator now, and will begin animating the models soon. We are in need of a few people, but first, let me give a breif description of the mod from our moddb mod page:

Matrix Quake 3 is a modification being made on the Quake 3 game engine.

A new development document is being created at the moment, but some main points I can give out right now are:

Game-Play

Team Death Match: Players start in the ship bay (the real world) and you enter can go inside (If your on the Resistance team). To enter the Agent team you need to go over to the other side of the room where you can see the machine world. When your over there youll see seats made of wires (like the one neo sat in to go in the final fight in Matrix Revolutions). Then youll be jacked into the matrix as an Agent. After you go in the ship you can enter the matrix/team by going up to one of the jack-in stations. While your in the matrix, a default model will show up sitting in the chair so that people cant go in the same spot as you (basically to show how much room is left for people to join the game. If all the seats are filled, you can spectate or wait till next round). To spectate the game, you go up to the Operator booth and hit the use key which will move your camera into the matrix and watch the game going on (This is still being decided because we are thinking about making an Operator class accessable for loading players up with specific skills, weapons, etc (kind of like the commander in Natrual-Selection)). If you were playing in the previous round and there is someone in the ship who hasnt been given a chance to play yet, you will not be able to enter the matrix till next round (Just so that everyone gets a chance to get in the game so people dont have to go running towards a chair and leave some people who probably never got to play for hours).

Team Mission: There are 3 different mission modes, "Retrieve", "Destroy", and "Take over". These are still in developement stages under the development document, but Ill give a little info. Retrieve mode can be either retrieving a document (like a video recording) or a person (In the top floor of a building), Destroy would be either destroy a zone (like a machine sector, or something) etc. And take over is where you have to go to many different places in the map and there will be computer(s) at each capture spot. You have to hack the computer to control one of the sections. Agents can take back the section the same way (kind of like capture the flag I guess). Hacking the computer takes time, so youll have to be quick about it. You have to hold down the use key for some amount of time and then you will have it. etc.

Team LMS (Last Man Standing): Same as above except when you die, you are ejected from the seat and you can go up to the operator booth to spectate the rest of the game till the next round, then you can go back in the seats.

Death Match: For death match you just start in the Loading program and pick your guns (There is a limit mind you. You'll have ECP (Equipment Carrying Points which limit you to how much you can carry (so you can have alot of knifes and a Beretta 92f, etc). Once you have all your weapons you walk to the end of the room and you'll enter the matrix. Every time you die you will continue to enter the Matrix until you choose to enter the loading program from the menu. If you choose to go back to the loading program while still alive, you'll have to wait till you die first, then you will be back and choose your equipment again.

Last Man Standing: Same as Death Match except when you are the last man alive you win a prize such as full bullet time meter or bullet freeze, etc (You are probably wondering how the Bullet time Meter will work, don't worry, i'll get to explaining it shortly).

*NEW*

Rescue the Keymaker: The basic idea is that there are two teams and one Keymaker. The Keymaker is a normal player that is randomly selected and placed somewhere in the map. The Rebels mission is to return the keymaker to a location in our -work in progress- huge team play city map. This map also contains Vehicles such as Motorcycles, cars, trucks and a few other things which will aid in rescue attempt of the Keymaker.

Agents have to kill the Keymaker seeing as he is an "exile". The Keymaker doesn’t have any weapons; however, he does hold the keys to any locked door in the city. Opening the locked door and walking through it will bring you to the hall of doors. Each door will take you somewhere in the map. I’m sure that after playing it long enough, you'll get use to which door goes where. Agents can find you through their ear piece. Other agents on your team can report in and you will see a message show up telling you the location, and a bleep on the radar.

More information can be found on our moddb page, Moddb.com. Only 2 numbers used twice, "3388", you cant forget it ^_^.

Matrix Quake 3 is hiring the following positions:
-Coders: Coders are needed greatly at this time.
-Animators: We are in need of some animators, as we are looking to get our weapons ready to put ingame.
-Gfx artists. As you have no doubt noticed, we have very little in the ways of 2d art. Its not really needed at the moment, but we would like to get started on things such as the HUD, muzzle flashes and even a Mod logo.
-Sound Artists: Looking for sound artists perticularily good at making fireing sounds. Once again, not needed so much as the first two right now, but we are still hiring.
-Webmaster: We currently have a forum, but we are in need of a site layout soon, preferably very soon. Our mod is picking up in progress, speed, and media and we would like it to flourish into our Mod's own weblayout.

And to finish it off, I'll show some of our latest images which can also be viewed from the moddb mod gallery:

Lobby W.I.P:
User Posted Image

Subway:
User Posted Image

Seraph's Teahouse:
User Posted Image

Beretta 92f:
User Posted Image

AK-47 High Quality Skin W.I.P:
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

MicroUzi:
User Posted Image

For more screenshots, please visit our screenshot gallery, Moddb.com

You can reach me in any of the following ways:
-Moddb Profile PM
-E-mail: jenny_kitty18@hotmail.com
-AIM: Kungfu Joo Neo
-MSN: jenny_kitty18@hotmail.com

Thank you all, and I hope to hear from many of you soon.

-Jennifer O'Brian and the Matrix Q3 Staff.

- Edited By Jenny_Kitty On Sun 8th, Aug 2004 @ 4:29:35am
- Edited By Jenny_Kitty On Sun 8th, Aug 2004 @ 4:31:14am

--

modDBOld-Oldtimer

SkitZaY
SkitZaY u mad
Aug 8 2004 Anchor

ummm.. i like screenies and all but wasnt this same thread already put in editing and coding? :/

--

uwu

Aug 8 2004 Anchor

lol shouldnt this be in like pimpage?

--

Aug 8 2004 Anchor

No, it shouldn't be in pimpage, because she's looking to hire people.

If you visited her other thread, she realised that posting it under Editing wasn't the right choice to attract viewers. It's understandable, really.

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

Aug 9 2004 Anchor

Karuto is correct. I saw lots of people posting help wanted ads in this thread so I figured my topic could fit the genre of a help wanted ad.

Hatel3reed: No. Even though it contains images, it doesnt belong in pimpage because this is a Help wanted ad. The images are added to show some of the things we've done for the mod, and a link following it for them to view more of the screenshots. Its called "Community Attraction".

- Edited By Jenny_Kitty On Mon 9th, Aug 2004 @ 2:44:05am

--

modDBOld-Oldtimer

Aug 9 2004 Anchor

Screw oldtimer Jenny_Kitty you're a stinking original! More original than me and I had the original sticker :P

--

User Posted Image

Aug 9 2004 Anchor

Okay, spammer alert. Keep your thoughts to yourself, Seien....

Anyway, I think it's amazing what your team has done with the Q3 engine, Jenny. It is pretty amazing, and I can't wait to see it released. I'm sorry I can't help you with anything right now, seeing as how I'm working on my own mod, but I hope you guys do get the help you need.

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

Aug 11 2004 Anchor

Thanks Seien...I guess...I dont know what you mean... O_o. Thanks Karuto, we cant wait to release it too. I should mention that it will be a gradual process and the first beta probably wont contain all features, such as vehicles, team mission mode and such, but it will have some of our basic, more simplistic ideas like DM, Team DM and Rescue the Keymaker. Some stuff on the power ups might change. Im having second thoughts about the way we set it up, but its entirely up to the community.

My other idea of doing it was picking it up, kind of like TS, or selecting the powerups from a Powerup menu, then etc. I dont know, we will figure it all out as we go along.

--

modDBOld-Oldtimer

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.