Forum Thread
by member
  Posts  
Mass Effect 3 endings discussion (spoilers! If you couldn't figure that out!) (Forums : Cosmos : Mass Effect 3 endings discussion (spoilers! If you couldn't figure that out!)) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3
TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Mar 22 2012, 10:27pm Anchor
Ambient_Malice wrote:
Reqieumthefallen wrote:I personally don't care about who Ashley is in ME3, as my femshep is going to shoot her without hesitation (I knew there was a good reason for saving Ashley even just once on Virmire. Now I see what that is...) But I am officially declaring things get back on track to discussing the ending(s if you want to be technical) and what led up to them in the game. If anyone tries to start making this an argument again then I'm going to ignore them. Plain and simple!

Ashley hater. I'm NEVER SPEAKING TO YOU AGAIN! *Clutches his poorly written collection of love poetry to Ashley Williams*

But in all seriousness, I think the team at Bioware failed to realise that throwing a glowing kid at the end of the game, along with a pointless choice, wasn't going to work. It seemed like a good idea at the time. But it wasn't.

If they were rushed, they should have ended with dying Shepard. The ending feels like a half-finished deleted scene. The kind of stuff modders love to restore.


Except you can't pay me to restore that kind of content. I'll sooner pay 10 dollars for a fixed and expanded KotOR 2.

Mar 22 2012, 10:58pm Anchor

I do somewhat get what Cryrid is saying on the subject of the consumer has no right to overrule design decision, there are potential dangers with doing that and I can see why he has that stance. I would argue though that you should be extremely careful should you ever find yourself community funding any projects as this immediately gives your backers a huge sense of entitlement towards design.. I do agree its not the place for the consumer to decide this... however if this were bugs ect I would argue against you. The ending isn't really a bug as it is a flaw- they still have the right to talk and discuss it be it negatively and overly vocal, however I see some of your point.

I however do not agree with you on the subject of people can play skyrim and have completely different experiences.. when fully leveled and having done 100% completion you've all had the exact same experience- its the same content, same game with cosmetic changes- its just the order in which you chose to complete things is different. You could argue that a lot of games do this that let you postpone content- but in my eyes it makes for a much weaker game, Fallout 1 did it as best as any other game I've seen where it gave you a specific goal with a time limit and said "go crazy", everyone's experience was different because it was impossible to play all the content on the one playthrough and still win the game. I feel that that kind of design thinking is superior to the one you're defending Cryrid. Everything you've really argued is purely in the eye of the beholder, it is what we call "RPing", its not actually a conscious design decision in the way a truly emergent design is (ie. its not really something people thought about when they implemented it), with Skyrim they just padded the game out so that everyones experience would be different because of the order in which they did things- but in the end all the content is the same and none of it is locked out (whereas Daggerfall and Morrwind it was hence much better designs as they literally locked things out from you depending on what you chose, this means a more unique experience, something Mass Effect tried to do by allowing certain characters to live or die. Skyrim does not do this in the slightest- the outcome is always the same its just the order is different.)

Someone wrote:
I'll sooner pay 10 dollars for a fixed and expanded KotOR 2.

Me too lol. Again, there have been far worse games that have done this in the past.. and I've made similar arguments towards those. But yeah the mass effect 3 butthurt is going a bit too far. Its starting to get really stupid now.

Also fucking lol:
Youtube.com"> Youtube.com

He's real opinion:
Youtube.com

Edited by: formerlyknownasMrCP

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Apr 5 2012, 11:11am Anchor

It's official, DLC (for free until April 2014) is being released. It will "clarify the ending" add several more "cinematics" and "answer player's questions".

So, translated that means:

There, we did something close enough to what we promised that you can't complain anymore. Now go buy that MP DLC we had leaked that's coming up.

Apr 16 2012, 7:05am Anchor

In Mass Effect 3 it's either reality or a fantasy after Harbringer's beam hits you.

In Total Recall it's either reality or fantasy after he goes to ReKall.

Quaid: I just had a terrible thought... what if this is a dream?
Melina: Weill then, kiss me quick before you wake up.

Mass Effect 3's post-credits?

Kid: Tell me another story about the Shepard.
Grandpa: It's getting late... But okay... One more story...

They both seem to foreshadow something... That Quaid wakes up, and that the old man and the kid are in Shepherd's head, and that he will wake up and continue his story.

In Total Recall, three possibilities: He wakes up, gets lobotomized, or it's reality.

In Mass Effect 3, three possibilities: He wakes up, gets indoctrinated, or it's reality.

Apr 17 2012, 6:54pm Anchor

The ending was lame, nothing that can really be done about it

that is why me and a group of Mass Effect fans are starting an indie-game project

Holdtheline.com

we are going to build something, and hopefully not screw it up like bioware screwed up Mass Effect

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Apr 17 2012, 10:28pm Anchor
Ralok wrote:The ending was lame, nothing that can really be done about it

that is why me and a group of Mass Effect fans are starting an indie-game project

Holdtheline.com

we are going to build something, and hopefully not screw it up like bioware screwed up Mass Effect



I'd be very interested in knowing... if the link wasn't to a restricted forum.

Aug 17 2012, 1:38am Anchor

Hey guys, Im a masters student working on a thesis to develop a list of guidelines for RPG game developers. Check out this post if you're interested.
Indiedb.com

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Aug 17 2012, 11:10am Anchor
avi.p88 wrote:Hey guys, Im a masters student working on a thesis to develop a list of guidelines for RPG game developers. Check out this post if you're interested.
Indiedb.com


Okay it's official, this guy is a bot.

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.