POSITION FILLED FOR NOW
Hello everyone! I'm working on a single-player campaign for Arma 3. Unfortunately I'm not much of a story teller, so I'm looking for a writer to write the story for the campaign. This is a non-paid position, but there is a possibility for paid work in future if you do your job well.
What I want you to do:
- Write an interesting story in the provided setting.
- Use your imagination.
- You are free to do pretty much anything you want with the story, as long as it is good.
What I want you to be:
- Proficient in English, Persian proficiency is a plus but not required
The general idea of the campaign is as follows:
- Setting: the mediterranian island of Stratis, year 2030-something.
- The Greek think that the island belongs to them, but Turkey, too, claims ownership of the island. Turkey has recently let the Iranians set up military bases in Stratis and use the island as training grounds.
- Tensions between the US and Iran have been rising for a decade. Recently, the US has learned that Iran has occupied Stratis, and they're not too happy about it. US has threatened Iran with military intervention if Iran doesn't leave the island immediately. Iran has let the US know that they have no plans to get out of there. Now, the Americans see no other option than to drive out Iranians by force. However, the US does not want the world to think that they are starting yet another war for selfish reasons, so they've come up with plan to make it look like the Iranians are the ones who are starting a war. The campaign starts with the execution of the USA's plan to frame Iran.
- The story follows an ordinary US soldier, who at some point of the campaign is promoted to a team leader, and maybe even a squad leader during the last stages of the campaign.
If you want to be the writer of this story, please send me a PM. Here are some pictures of the setting to get you inspired:
Edited by: klawie