Forum Thread
by member
Left 4 Dead Concept Art Contest WIPs (Forums : Contests : Left 4 Dead Concept Art Contest WIPs) Locked
Thread Options 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 32
Nov 4 2008, 2:51pm Anchor

question to cosentino... How is the thing staying on the wheelchair?

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
Nov 4 2008, 3:01pm Anchor

The second fits, please note that these concepts for the L4D world where the enemies are not dead or traditional zombies, keep that in mind when making your concepts.

--

Nov 4 2008, 3:09pm Anchor

Ok, so here is my first survivor concept , he doesn't have a name yet.

unkow

Edited by: brucelee666

Nov 4 2008, 4:47pm Anchor

still work in progress... i think this concept fits better in the l4d universe, but i want to know the opinion of the mods too about the first concept.

cabernet: the infected is tied to the wheelchair, cause he have not legs (even when he was alive)

a few hours of work later...

User Posted Image

Nov 4 2008, 5:43pm Anchor

Any reason we need to post our work on this thread? rather then just submitting it?

Nov 4 2008, 6:00pm Anchor

Hi guys

Jackwhat, Lurkers looking good.

I'm still playing around with the wailers, i thought i'd tone back on the decayed look a little and concentrate more on the infection area, i'm kinda thinking that his throat and mouth areas would be affected ,with his mouth almost being closed up and the infection spreading down inside affecting the larynx and therefore producing the now strange vocal mutation which would be the wailer's biggest trademark.

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

Edited by: Hairwolf

razorb
razorb Indie Dev
Nov 4 2008, 6:57pm Anchor

cool cool yea i like ze mouth :D looks like a bum hole :D naiiice! but seriously :) i like it

Nov 4 2008, 7:02pm Anchor

"The Puddle"
Its a boss zombie that liquifies and solidifies to dodge bullets from the survivor have to shoot when in solid state or burn of blow up in liquid form with a pipe bomb or Molotov cocktails. the dots are chunks of zombie.blob

Nov 4 2008, 7:57pm Anchor

Update for my infected 'death breath' lunch lady.

L4Dead wip

Nov 4 2008, 7:58pm Anchor

Do you remember this guy ? (a sketck from page 4)
The Homeless / The Old Fisherman / The sailor

Well, I'm now working on the final drawing. This is what I have done until now :
The Homeless / The Old Fisherman / The Sailor

The upper hand is giving me trouble. It is supposed to hold a shotgun or rifle.
The other hand will have a bottle of Whisky.

Is it better with the coat open ? Or do you prefer the first one ?

When I finish this drawing I'll start working on the final drawing for the infected (sketch also on page 4).

Image has been lost, sorry.

Edited by: Sentaro

Nov 4 2008, 8:41pm Anchor
razorb wrote:cool cool yea i like ze mouth :D looks like a bum hole :D naiiice! but seriously :) i like it

Heheh, guess it does at that..thanks dude:)

DMBoyleDesign
DMBoyleDesign Freelance Concept Artist
Nov 4 2008, 10:34pm Anchor

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to first say that this contest is awesome. There are a lot of great ideas submitted as well! It is fantastic having people of all disciplines together having fun!

I'm throwing my sketch into the fray. I noticed a lack of female infected so my path was decided. It's just a portrait for now, but you can be sure to see updates soon. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hope you like, and I look forward to seeing everyone's ideas take shape!

-David

Nov 5 2008, 12:14am Anchor

Pretty awesome start DM! and thats comin on real nice cosentino!

I redid my lurker dude! tweaked his arms and silouette a bit to make it a bit more interestin!

User Posted Image

Nov 5 2008, 2:20am Anchor

User Posted Image

--

armanguy
aelevel.blogspot.com

Nov 5 2008, 9:58am Anchor

Update

My survivor now looks like this :

Shooter__Andy
Shooter__Andy ZombieEd. dev.
Nov 5 2008, 10:18am Anchor

Looking nice, Jack, though I tink silhoulette must be on the other side... Or something is wrong with the shadow.

Nov 5 2008, 10:25am Anchor

JACK:

Yeah, it seems like you have a key light on the right, and a fill light on the back left. So you should have a VERY light shadow on his front right side. And a hard shadow on his front/left side.

Nov 5 2008, 11:30am Anchor

hi guy's - wow! just one day off and the thread is filled with new stuff! GREAT WORK!!! :)

@cosentino:
i really loved the first idea, but unfortunately this "look" wasn't ask...
the new one look's still great, but i loved the first one ;)

@Sentaro:
why do you gave him heels like that? and in my opinion the coat closed looked better
+ MORE DIRT! he's a homeless guy, right? ;)
but a really nice process

@monkeyboygarth:
really nice, love your colors and ideas, especially the "how-to" at the top!

@hairwolf:
great, what should i say? :thumbup: :)

@Jackwhat:
really nice painting-style (love the hard light-outline like in the originals and your infected-face),
but in my opinion just a little too much like the original "hoodie-guy" *duck* ;)

@DMBoyleDesign
just another david joined the contest - hi there, really nice artwork great colors and a nice style,
would be great to see her full body - nice haircut, too ;)

there was still no chance for me to finish my two concepts via photoshop, but...

i did a little sketch today while having breakfast, just a little really unperfected "infected"-idea...
(i know that i just can send one enfected- and one survivorconecpt at the end, but the one i choose is still undecided,
any thoughts
or feedback about it especially from the jury would be great ;))

this is "the blinder", an old infected blind man with (for his body) incredible reflexes, he smells, hears, reacts and runs faster
than you do, but is not that forceful... he has got a "parkour-like", "monkey-like"-movement and mixes great jumps and runs, exactly knowing where to land - as he could see ;) but if you stand still - he'll do the same, waiting for you to make a move...
(you could see that at his dead eyes as a weakpoint, the virus-seizure grows really fast)
-> he's just there to hustle and bustle your little team apart, so that you're beatable for him...

no more infos for now, BUT as i sayed -> just a little sketch. (not really a serious though to pick i think. what do you think?)

EDIT:
JUST A FEW HOUR'S/ DAY'S AFTER BEEING INFECTED:

A FEW DAY'S/ WEEK'S AFTER BEEING INFECTED (it's easy to see, virus was coming from his eye's going over to the back) :

Edited by: KEEP_IT_UP!

Nov 5 2008, 1:05pm Anchor

Right, this is final. I feel like I don't have much chance against this bunch of talented people, plus, I only do some drawing during boring classes in school :PUser Posted Image

Nov 5 2008, 1:19pm Anchor

Totally agree its too much like the original hoodie style.... infact i wanted to find it to compare. I'm tryin to give him something unique about him that makes him distingquishable from the other infected. I could emphasise his posture with some back growth stuff possibly.

I dropped his jaw on this and added some skin across his eyes, unintentionally running with the short sighted idea (idea nicked from someone else, not you dave... honest! haha)

- So i google pictures of the hunter and realise how much of a rip mine is, ive gotta sort that out - didn't realise.

User Posted Image

Edited by: Jackwhat

Nov 5 2008, 1:25pm Anchor
KEEP_IT_UP! wrote:
@Sentaro:
why do you gave him heels like that? and in my opinion the coat closed looked better
+ MORE DIRT! he's a homeless guy, right? ;)
but a really nice process

Old sketch :
The Homeless / The Old Fisherman / The sailor

New painting W.I.P. :

Well... they are supposed to be old boots... (should I lower the heels a bit?)

It will be very dirty, but remember this is still a W.I.P.

The coat... I was thinking on painting it closed, but in the end I decided to paint it open to create a more interesting painting. I'll make a test to see if a closed coat is better.

Nov 5 2008, 1:35pm Anchor

@Jackwhat:
much better now... like the new mouth and that the hoodie is more open, too!
but the eyes?! :| - just my opinion... i see no reason for that.
at least it was "unintentional" … apart from that fact,
if it would be "like this", show's only my idea is a good one... honest 8) ;)

@Sentaro:
yeah, in my opinion you could cut the heels down (just pick the half of it, right now they're looking like from the 70's ;))
ok, ok, still wip - just wanted to say that "in time", that he must be very dirty (you asked for comments ;))
coat closed would be more interesting i think because there is more in secret...
(the picture wouldn't be boringly just because of the big "space" of the coat - you can play with "dirt" i guess ;))

just want to help you guy's... everyting i say is just my opinion, not more :)

Nov 5 2008, 1:56pm Anchor
KEEP_IT_UP! wrote:@Jackwhat:
much better now... like the new mouth and that the hoodie is more open, too!
but the eyes?! :| - just my opinion... i see no reason for that.
at least it was "unintentional" … apart from that fact,
if it would be "like this", show's only my idea is a good one... honest 8) ;)

@Sentaro:
yeah, in my opinion you could cut the heels down (just pick the half of it, right now they're looking like from the 70's ;))
ok, ok, still wip - just wanted to say that "in time", that he must be very dirty (you asked for comments ;))
coat closed would be more interesting i think because there is more in secret...
(the picture wouldn't be boringly just because of the big "space" of the coat - you can play with "dirt" i guess ;))

just want to help you guy's... everyting i say is just my opinion, not more :)

Thank you very much :D. It helps me a lot to know what other people think about it.
I'll lower the heels and add "extra dirt". XD
I will finish this concept and then, while working on the final version of my infected (as seen on page 4), I'll do a picture of the survivor with the coat closed.

Nov 5 2008, 2:05pm Anchor

always gladly! I am strained…:)
i hope that i can finish my concepts at the end of the week or on weekend :( honestly i've got not much time to go on this week - even though i'd really like to. :(

Nov 5 2008, 2:13pm Anchor
KEEP_IT_UP! wrote:always gladly! I am strained…:)
i hope that i can finish my concepts at the end of the week or on weekend :( honestly i've got not much time to go on this week - even though i'd really like to. :(

Same here :(

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.