Forum Thread
by member
Left 4 Dead Concept Art Contest WIPs (Forums : Contests : Left 4 Dead Concept Art Contest WIPs) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 32
Nov 2 2008, 1:50pm Anchor

mantisenator wrote:dang. this is as far as I can get tonight. I hope everyone likes it.User Posted ImageUser Posted Image

I think it looks very cool, but is not exactly a Left 4 Dead style zombie. In my opinion, for a better chance of winning, you should make it a tad more human-like.
Remember: They're not smart enough to make armour or anything.
But it's still cool :D

zombieOnion
zombieOnion Non-Player Character
Nov 2 2008, 2:27pm Anchor

I am so in. Have no perticular idea about what to draw yet. No space worms this time tho.
Good luck everyone!

--

Nov 2 2008, 2:54pm Anchor

zenarion wrote:I am so in. Have no perticular idea about what to draw yet. No space worms this time tho.
Good luck everyone!

What about a space worm infested zombie? :P hehehhe

--

Nov 2 2008, 4:32pm Anchor

This thread looks like it needs a bit more content. How about I fix you guys up with a survivor? Looks like no one has drawn one of those yet.

I present, the work in progress of Paul. A helicopter pilot who had to make an unfortunate and sudden landing in the city

User Posted Image

I've already gone a bit further than this, but I'm just too afraid that someone will post a pilot before me and thus, mine would be counted as invalid, which I really don't want. And just being one of those "first!" posters for survivors is just too much of a good opportunity to give up. So here we go! Oh, and he's got his hand in his jacket pocket, not his pants, so don't get any ideas. It just looks like that because the layer thats underneath was where I drew his body and frame, and the top layer was just the clothes.

Edited by: Blasphemy

AlexCrafter
AlexCrafter Mapper
Nov 2 2008, 4:55pm Anchor

That looks great! Are you sure about that name though? He doesn't look like a Paul to me; more like a Brian.
I don't know how this competition will work with both survivor concepts and zombie concepts. You just cant judge them both with the same criteria. Unless you just judge epicness... In which case I should be making a zombie with a nuke sticking through it...

Nov 2 2008, 5:22pm Anchor

children zombies frowned upon? if not i got this idea in my head involving a little zombie girl and her "stuffed dolls"

AlexCrafter
AlexCrafter Mapper
Nov 2 2008, 5:30pm Anchor

Children are scary. oh god D:

User Posted Image
WiP before I go to bed. My mom (Wtf? my mom!) suggested something that might let me mix all my designs into one :D

Nov 2 2008, 5:40pm Anchor

i just want to know if they are allowed before i start working on it =)

Nov 2 2008, 7:12pm Anchor

It seems I can't actually insert image tags until I've been on these forums for 7 days. Oh, well - I guess I'll post again in a few days time.

Is there any way around this because I really need to show my WIPs. ???

I'm working on a survivor at the moment and I planned on posting a sketch :( I'm going to start painting him up now.

Nov 2 2008, 7:56pm Anchor

Hmmm, it seems I can't post any images either. Help would be much appreciated. I'm not exactly sure how to upload the image I scanned in from my computer, or do I NEED to upload to a website in order to post? Sorry, if this sounds like such a novice question. Thanks in advance.

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
Nov 2 2008, 8:20pm Anchor

Glorious-Betty wrote:Hmmm, it seems I can't post any images either. Help would be much appreciated. I'm not exactly sure how to upload the image I scanned in from my computer, or do I NEED to upload to a website in order to post? Sorry, if this sounds like such a novice question. Thanks in advance.

upload it to your profile and then simply use the embed code to post it on the forums.

--

Nov 2 2008, 10:15pm Anchor

hi, i am back with new idea's and sketches.

first i want to thank you guys for the feedback about "ex-con": THANKS! that show's me,
it was not just a waste of time :rambo:

@Henley:
ok... no problem, then he is not a "zombie" (not dead...)
he's just inefected, obtained the first electro-shocks (because of that), freed himself
and killed the rest :)

my survivor is called "pastor jakob" (the other survivors will just call him "p-jay")
like the "ex-con" i will colourate it in photoshop, if i got time this week.
fact's about "p-jay" will follow... but first i gotta sleep :tired:

EDIT: some fact's about "p-jay":

- he is the complete opposite of the zombie-killing hero
(or the survivor Eugene P. Riley for example, would be great to see those 2 different characters forced to work together ;)
there would be nice dialogs between the "zombie-counter" and the "believer" for the storyline)

- he's still struggling with the fact that he've got to kill those poor creatures to survive - prickly situations count on that often
- he's doing a lot of prayers in his "freetime" by helping the rest of the team to calm down, or just a little mumble for him self...
(maybe he could heal other survivor's with "nice words", or distract the infected by screaming verses against evil so that the other survivors could attack them much easier etc.)
- most of the time he's using a modified old colt with a long gun barrel to kill, because it was the favorite weapon of his father
(a great shooter who fell in battle...i think jacob never thought that he've got to use it one day) but at the day of the "outbrake" the weapon out of the picture frame saved his life!...

like the other sketches, this took me about 3 hours. please give me feedback... ;)

(- he's kissing his crucifix, so he's still a believer ;) )

you can't see all the details of the clothes because of the pose... so another (fast) sketch about his collar:

good night guy's... greeting's
David

Edited by: KEEP_IT_UP!

Nov 2 2008, 10:23pm Anchor

Damn nice KEEP_IT_UP, I think we allready have a winner there! :)

Nov 2 2008, 10:34pm Anchor

happy that you like it :) but there's no winner yet... nearly 2 weeks to go O_o

Edited by: KEEP_IT_UP!

Nov 2 2008, 11:59pm Anchor

Thanks Henley :)

Nov 3 2008, 1:25am Anchor

KEEP_IT_UP! wrote:happy that you like it :) but there's no winner yet... nearly 2 weeks to go O_o

Well, you don't even need enough IQ to open a door to see the winner here. You do it damn well ;)

Shooter__Andy
Shooter__Andy ZombieEd. dev.
Nov 3 2008, 3:03am Anchor

KEEP_IT_UP! wrote:happy that you like it :) but there's no winner yet... nearly 2 weeks to go O_o

Yeah, I must admit that P-Jay not only drawn well, but the idea is awesome too.

Nov 3 2008, 3:45am Anchor

Awesome stuff Keepitup! I'm so glad I found out about this competition! I just can't wait to get started!!

Nov 3 2008, 4:19am Anchor

Can we start sketches in photoshop? Or do we need to draw up an idea and post it before we start in photoshop?

INtense!
INtense! End Boss
Nov 3 2008, 5:13am Anchor

For everyone having problems posting WIPs to this thread, I have updated the sites spam filter so URLS will be accepted provided they are linked to images. You should be able to post your WIPs now.

--

Scott Reismanis
DBolical | @scottreismanis

Nov 3 2008, 5:26am Anchor

Hi all,

first post here so greets to all.

Saw this and just had to have a go, so here's a quick first take on a survivor to get started:

Eugene P. Riley.

Eugene's been waiting for this! Hell, he even knew it was coming - he'd read the zombie survivors guide and every comic with a zombie in it he could get his hands on, watched Romero's movies on a daily basis and voted illegally 300 times to get 'Shaun of the dead' nominated in the mtv peoples choice awards. His killing streaks in Doom are the stuff of legend.
And now he's ready...he left his home armed with his copy of the survivors guide, a six pack of molotovs , his Dad's (R.I.P.) hedge trimmer (hey! it's not a chainsaw but it'll do) and his encyclopaedic knowledge of undead spawn and infected monsters.
See Eugene, unlike the others, LOVES this! It's his dream come true...and now he's gonna whack him lotsa zombies...OH YES!
Oh and he probably has a major thing for zoey...or any female...at all...except infected ones of course...although there was this one hottie and if she hadn't been zombie scum....well....

User Posted Image

Nov 3 2008, 6:11am Anchor

Is it an international contest (I'm from Europe) ?

Nov 3 2008, 6:17am Anchor

Reckon so, i'm from Europe and i've seen at least one other entrant who is

Nov 3 2008, 6:21am Anchor

Thanks, Henley...
So here's the sketch I spoke of in my previous post.
Left 4 Dead survivor
And here's the photoshop paint.
Left 4 Dead survivor

stenchy
stenchy InstantRespawn.com
Nov 3 2008, 6:46am Anchor

Sentaro wrote:Is it an international contest (I'm from Europe) ?

It sure is.

--

Instant Respawn!
Dream, Create, Share

User Posted Image

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.