Forum Thread
Kill Bill Volume 2 (Forums : General Banter : Kill Bill Volume 2) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 17 2004 Anchor

OK, so the sequel...yeah, it was great. It is a lot less violent than the first half but contains more thickening of the plot and character development. The script is more involved and you get to laugh at a lot more jokes. Michael Madsen gets some generous screen time as Budd, Bill's estranged alchy brother, and we actually get a good look at Daryll Hannah's character. The sequence with Uma being trained by master Pai Mei is hilarious. It's a spitting image of old school kung fu films with the cheesy lines and funny faces, quick camera movement. He even has a snow white beard and dramatic eyebrows like the characters in tribute, and he gets in a few jabs at Uma while he's at it.

David Carradine is the best part of this movie hands down. Bill is so complex. He is a gentle, compassionate, wise old man with a quiet voice. Yet on the other hand he is a ruthless cold-blooded homicidal maniac. He will be having a laugh with Uma one moment and then blowing a hole in the couch by her face the next, then laughing with a hearty "Nah kid, I'm just f*cking with ya." I was really happy to see a lot of him, as he is a wonderful sight after his near absence from the first volume.

This film takes a different direction from the first. The pace is slower and there is a lot of dialogue between squabbles, and less bloodshed. There are definitely moments that will make you cringe as expected, but if you go into it thinking it will be Volume 1 Part 2 then you are mistaken. I loved it, and am probably going to see it again soon. I liked it better than the first.

Since people like ratings, I'll give it 4/4 ****

Apr 17 2004 Anchor

ill go watch it on pay-per-view tommorow zzZZZzzzZZzzzzz :eyebrow:

krayzie
krayzie Max Abuser
Apr 17 2004 Anchor

haha.... i love the spraying of the blood... and how the girl can take on a roomfull of samurai's!! haha!!

--

chis
chis Old man.
Apr 17 2004 Anchor

i loved the first one

im sure i will the second :)

--

Nothing.

Apr 17 2004 Anchor

Quentin Tarantino is a nut case.

--

STILL BAD, STILL BALLIN'
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Garglet
Garglet I can't get the neighbours cat out of my house!
Apr 17 2004 Anchor

ill go see it. hope its better than the 1st :)

--

look at me, i have no signature!

Apr 17 2004 Anchor

im gonna go see it, but im gonna go see the punisher today so whenever i get some free time i'll watch it

--

Sachmo The Wang™ and me™ are property of modDB© Dead Aim Clear Score: 41mins 16secs beat that biaotch!!
User Posted Image
--------------------------------------------------
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

BlueWolf72
BlueWolf72 Mod Till Ya Die
Apr 17 2004 Anchor

One is better.....this one was more bland.

--

Desura Contests Live!
Twitter With Me?<!--Session data-->

<!-- Top iFrame -->

<!-- Bottom iFrame -->

Garglet
Apr 17 2004 Anchor

ah. thought so. same with all sequels :/

--

Apr 17 2004 Anchor

Well it's actually got story to it. The first is all about her rampaging. This one is more complex, I thought it was great. Tarantino doesn't make mindless action films, so ya can't expect it to be.

They were originally one film, both volumes, but Miramax told him it was too long and made him cut it up to release it separately. This isn't a sequel really, just the last half of a long film.

Garglet
Apr 17 2004 Anchor

i see... that explains a lot...

--

Dr_Zoidberg
Dr_Zoidberg Amirite?
Apr 17 2004 Anchor

BlueWolf72 wrote: One is better.....this one was more bland.

you just wanted to see more stuff blow'd up ;)

--

I...I need about tree fiddy.

Apr 17 2004 Anchor

Dr_Zoidberg wrote:

BlueWolf72 wrote: One is better.....this one was more bland.

you just wanted to see more stuff blow'd up ;)

dont ya mean ginzu slice and diced :)

--

Sachmo The Wang™ and me™ are property of modDB© Dead Aim Clear Score: 41mins 16secs beat that biaotch!!
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Apr 17 2004 Anchor

I dunno its a wierd genre of movies that arent really my favorite it looks good just dosent look like my type of movie I like mostly War based movies and horror movies (not like dawn of the dead) I saw the Alamo instead... it was awesome. :)

--

chis
chis Old man.
Apr 17 2004 Anchor

its trying to make an anime movie with real characters really :/ but not as shit as an anime cartoon movie XD

--

Nothing.

Apr 17 2004 Anchor

just get kill bill volume 1 and watch the making, it explains the madness in tarantinos head and what he threw in

--

User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.