Forum Thread
Issues with ModdB Version 4 (Forums : Support : Issues with ModdB Version 4) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Nov 9 2007 Anchor

Hello lads!

I don't dislike the new look of moddb anymore. I think keeping the name and changing the color scheme did lots for my appreciation. I do however have a database issue.

I created a Mod Profile for our mod MechOverride and listed our team. It was a full list on ModdbV.3, but on the new Moddb this profile just has the synopsis and everything else is left blank. I am still affiliated to my mod, but noone else from the team is. The profile for MechOverride still exists, though.

So I wonder if I'll have to repeat the steps now and register our mod another time (to become listed again), or if it is a database error, which can be mended and will be, in given time.

EDIT> I just realised I should have put this in Moddb V.4 lnown bugs. It's too late now, however.

Edited by (in order): SinKing, SinKing, SinKing

--

User Posted Image

Nov 9 2007 Anchor

I have an issue as well. People have added me as a friend, and when I follow the link via email, I get this message:

404 Permission Denied

Only registered members are able to watch engine / games / mods, receive updates and messages from other members. Join the Mod DB community now and unlock these plus files, features, media and many more exclusive member benefits.

Try the following:

* Home
* Sitemap
* Contact us

Gay. Of course I'm registered.

Arxae
Arxae Resident Stepmania Freak :D
Nov 9 2007 Anchor

if i want to change my profile, it says the email is allready in use O.o
well duh, its what i used to register in the first place lol :p

--

°w°

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Nov 9 2007 Anchor

My blog post was deleted :(

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Nov 9 2007 Anchor

Engine years only go down to 1990, this isn't nice for those who still toy with 80s engines :(

Also engines require a company/dev group with full office info? What happened to one people making their own engine? Makes no sense.

Edited by: leilei

--

<  insert subject games here  >

DJ-Ready
DJ-Ready Oldschool
Nov 9 2007 Anchor

Anyone found out where the mods I watch list is on v4 yet? -.-

--

ShortCutMan
ShortCutMan ♥ Pure ♥ Bred ♥ Geek ♥
Nov 9 2007 Anchor

@SinKing: You have to create a group with your mods team members and link it to your mod profile. Unfortunately, teams lists are not preserved with the new mod profiles.

@40oz: Go to the main page and make sure you're logged in and all that. If you are, try logging out and logging back in. If that doesn't work, it'll be noted, as it worked for me.

@Dark_Raver9: What are exactly were you trying to change?

@ambershee: Was it a stupid blog post? :P I can't remember if they're auth'd or not (I guess not), so if its a technical problem try again.

@leilei: I agree, that should be fixed. If you can, I'd forward it to INtense! and that'd be great!

@DJ-Ready: I had a quick look for it, but couldn't find it. Will be forwarded on as a feature incomplete.

--

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 98% that is an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
User Posted Image

DJ-Ready
DJ-Ready Oldschool
Nov 9 2007 Anchor

<3 ShortCutMan

--

Nov 10 2007 Anchor

ShortCutMan wrote: @SinKing: You have to create a group with your mods team members and link it to your mod profile. Unfortunately, teams lists are not preserved with the new mod profiles.

@40oz: Go to the main page and make sure you're logged in and all that. If you are, try logging out and logging back in. If that doesn't work, it'll be noted, as it worked for me.

@Dark_Raver9: What are exactly were you trying to change?

@ambershee: Was it a stupid blog post? :P I can't remember if they're auth'd or not (I guess not), so if its a technical problem try again.

@leilei: I agree, that should be fixed. If you can, I'd forward it to INtense! and that'd be great!

@DJ-Ready: I had a quick look for it, but couldn't find it. Will be forwarded on as a feature incomplete.

heya SCM <3 Worked like a charm.

how are ye?

Edited by: 40ozFreak

ShortCutMan
Nov 10 2007 Anchor

40ozFreak wrote: heya SCM <3 Worked like a charm.

how are ye?

Not good, busy with exams/v4 and I got assaulted in the city yesterday too. :S

--

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 98% that is an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
User Posted Image

Godwin
Godwin starving artist, sorta
Nov 10 2007 Anchor

I'm sorry if I missed something somewhere, but I can't login to the new site anymore. The account is there, but nothing works, not even password retrieval.

Moddb.com

*edit*

or password reset for that matter:

We're sorry, but there seems to be a problem with the password reset system. If you'd like the boring old technical reason for the error this is it:

"The password reset code provided could not be found. Please ensure the URL in your web browser matches the URL provided in your email. "

We suggest you keep trying, but if the error continues try restarting the password reset process. Otherwise please contact us with details of the problem

Am I supposed to register again?

EDIT

nevermind fixt

Edited by (in order): Godwin, Godwin, Godwin

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Nov 10 2007 Anchor

ShortCutMan wrote: @SinKing: You have to create a group with your mods team members and link it to your mod profile. Unfortunately, teams lists are not preserved with the new mod profiles.

Meeeeh! I just completed the list two weeks ago. If I had known this, I would have waited for Moddb4, befor I'd start with it.
Are the changes more radical then when you changed from vers2 to vers3, or do you always loose half the database when you upgrade the site?

I'm getting used to the new one. It's quite nice and I hope the forums and PM system will be better than what we currently have. Can't wait for that!

--

User Posted Image

ShortCutMan
Nov 10 2007 Anchor

SinKing wrote: Meeeeh! I just completed the list two weeks ago. If I had known this, I would have waited for Moddb4, befor I'd start with it.
Are the changes more radical then when you changed from vers2 to vers3, or do you always loose half the database when you upgrade the site?

I'm getting used to the new one. It's quite nice and I hope the forums and PM system will be better than what we currently have. Can't wait for that!

This is the first time we have 'lost' some of the database. Technically, it isn't lost, it is just with the new features and design we have. While every version has been a redesign, v4 has the biggest changes for what the end users can do and manipulate for their mods and development. v2 was mainly to make the site easier to manage and v3 was to streamline the interface.

--

User Posted Image

Nov 10 2007 Anchor

ShortCutMan wrote:

40ozFreak wrote: heya SCM <3 Worked like a charm.

how are ye?

Not good, busy with exams/v4 and I got assaulted in the city yesterday too. :S

omgz assaulted how? you ok?

When I enter my XBL Gamertag, it tells me that it's invalid. I don't think it's accepting the space in "Philly McBlunt". Might want to have that looked at.

Edited by: 40ozFreak

Slye_Fox
Slye_Fox Mod Leader
Nov 10 2007 Anchor

I see watched mods list is allready mentioned.

There's this stupid thing with the modname field.

When I enter C&C or C&C3 a semi-colon(;) is always put after it, why is this and how do i get rid of it?

Also, why is there no comments section on then mods profile anymore?

Edited by: Slye_Fox

ShortCutMan
Nov 10 2007 Anchor

40ozFreak wrote: omgz assaulted how? you ok?

When I enter my XBL Gamertag, it tells me that it's invalid. I don't think it's accepting the space in "Philly McBlunt". Might want to have that looked at.

Two random guys just decided to smash me a couple of times over the head. Completely unprovoked and I didn't even know them. They were weak, so no injuries and I've reported it to the cops as well. It was all seen by security cameras so I think they're screwed. Also, noted your issue, will check it out.

@Slye_Fox: Could you please elaborate on the issue? I don't understand your problem! Comments have been removed from mod profiles, I think they should be brought back.

--

User Posted Image

leilei
Nov 11 2007 Anchor

it'd be nice to be able to delete my own files.

Edited by: leilei

--

Dimebog
Dimebog The Enlightened Florist
Nov 11 2007 Anchor

Moddb.com

When I try to manage anything I get redirected here:

Moddb.com

This doesn't look like a place where I can manage anything - in fact, I cannot even log in there. The data is incorrect as well and I cannot fix it. Also I'd like a response to my earlier complaint about the download not appearing on our mod page even though it was uploaded by me using both methods (that was 8 days ago).

I'm still waiting for all this to settle so I can start linking to our Mod DB page... Why does it take so long?

Edited by: Dimebog

FullMetalFox
FullMetalFox Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nov 11 2007 Anchor

Hrm, got a litte problemm: Depredation was once a ut2004 mod, because of the age of the engine i did want to chose another and so i waited for UE3 and CE2, so i did put it under stand alone games for the time of waiting till these engine went public. now i did notice that in v4.0 i cant change it from game to mod anymore. Can you guys fix that? o0

--

User Posted Image
Nov 11 2007 Anchor

Sorry but I mus say this... V4 is big sh*t. I like new design, but not providing an easy survey and its uncomfortable. I want V3 back. Where are commnets on mods profiles? Where my mod list in my mod watch?? But i like that mod watch updates. Its much more bulletin than before. But thats all what i like on V4. And i think im not alone.

leilei
Nov 11 2007 Anchor

What about already existing "Games" entries that also have a duplicate "standalone Games" mod entry, like Nexuiz?

--

ambershee
Nov 11 2007 Anchor

ShortCutMan wrote: @ambershee: Was it a stupid blog post? :P I can't remember if they're auth'd or not (I guess not), so if its a technical problem try again.

They're authed, I think. Oddly, it showed as 'deleted' for a short period before appearing :S

creamola
creamola Drillcat
Nov 11 2007 Anchor

Upload files to a game profile seems to not be working correctly. The upload process finishes but when I use the save file button I get a timeout and the upload fails.

ambershee
Nov 11 2007 Anchor

It's possible that feature isn't fully implemented yet.

jacksonj04
jacksonj04 Over 9000
Nov 11 2007 Anchor

Hi guys,

All the bugs you've reported in here so far are either in the process of being fixed, or are being added to our bug tracker so we get on to them faster.

If you spot anything else, our bug tracker at Bugs.tn-uk.net is still active, and you can still add bugs to it and see what else has been reported.

--

Barcode Imagejacksonj04 the generally helpful one
Lost, confused or just need a virtual cuddle? PM me.
Need urgent help from staff? PM us all.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.