Forum Thread
Is quake 3 a must-have title? (Forums : PC Gaming : Is quake 3 a must-have title?) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
GAMESOULjA
GAMESOULjA Thizzle Dancer
Jul 26 2003 Anchor

ius it as revolutionary as quake 1?
i don't have it believe me or not
got some cash on my hands so i wanted to know if its a good buy?
The most important thing is: How many mods are out there in dev and when do you think quake 3 will start to fade!?
i want to buy it,so i gotta know if its worth my money the mods and my time!?

--

If you find any spelling mistakes you can keep them,
cuz these Bitches run they Fingers on they keyboard and i run my fingers on my money.

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Jul 26 2003 Anchor

It's a so-so. Get it if you're gonna hang near Gargoyle Arena.

Moddb.com

--

<  insert subject games here  >

GAMESOULjA
Jul 27 2003 Anchor

ok so thats it i guess...garg arena...nothing else...a so-so title...oh well i guess i will wait for something new,some other fps game

OH is it better than unrealTournament!?
cuz ut is like the best fps out der (gameplay-wise)

- Edited By DEADSOULjha2 On Sun 27th, Jul 2003 @ 9:06:11am

--

cuz these Bitches run they Fingers on they keyboard and i run my fingers on my money.

INtense!
INtense! End Boss
Jul 27 2003 Anchor

I love it to be honest, one of the few games i play

instagib on a lan with a few mates is just brilliant!

--

Scott Reismanis
DBolical | @scottreismanis

Teh_Wolf
Teh_Wolf Carnager Of Pixels
Jul 28 2003 Anchor

I like ut better for that...

--

“I hereby state my opinion that the notion of a [expletive deleted] is a basic superstition, that there is no evidence for the existence of any [expletive deleted].”

Jul 28 2003 Anchor

I recommend Quake 3 whole-heartedly. Comparisons to UT are a little futile now, but if you really must compare the two ... Go for Quake3 if you want faster paced, frentic gameplay, and Unreal Tournament for a slightly more tactical approach. Quake 3 also has a huge, huge modding community surrounding it ... and no one can doubt the impact the engine has had on the games industry (and the countless times the technology has been licensed). You could probably pick it up very cheap nowadays, so what are you waiting for? :-p

INtense!
INtense! End Boss
Jul 28 2003 Anchor

what he said, i cannot image this game be any more than $20?

--

Scott Reismanis
DBolical | @scottreismanis

Jul 28 2003 Anchor

Yep. There is also a Quake 3 Gold package out there (that bundles Quake 3, with it's expansion: Team Arena).

Teh_Wolf
Jul 29 2003 Anchor

/me installes quake3 again...

--

“I hereby state my opinion that the notion of a [expletive deleted] is a basic superstition, that there is no evidence for the existence of any [expletive deleted].”

GAMESOULjA
Jul 29 2003 Anchor

ok im gettin it tomorrow :D :thumbup: thanks for ur opinion all :D
peace

--

Jul 29 2003 Anchor

Well I'd like to set up a game with you guys, if any of you ever get the chance? However I am on a 56k, so, well, I'm not all that good.

Teh_Wolf
Jul 29 2003 Anchor

Same, you just cant play inet games of quake or ut over the net on a 56k... just doesnt work... :(

--

leilei
Jul 29 2003 Anchor

If this free proxy had UDP, i'd game any of you. (AnalogX proxy don't do UDP)

--

Jul 29 2003 Anchor

er...it killed a few hours at college but its hardly a must-have.

--

Why wont it save me?

Jul 29 2003 Anchor

Yeah, 56k sucks, I would have broadband, but BT wont let me have it cos I live in an area of "No demand"
Thats BS, they are just too cheapass to give it to me.

Anyway, Quake 3 is a great game, I pwn against the bots, can beat nightmare without getting fragged! :D

Definately worth buying. I got mine for a tenner :D

Jul 29 2003 Anchor

Well if you're able to connect to a relatively fast server (with a moderate number of players) than it's still playable. You just have to be a bit more crafty, due to your limited options.

I'm inspired to re-install and patch up Quake3. I've had alot of fun with it over the last few years :-)

Jul 30 2003 Anchor

why did you uninstall it anyway?

I never uninstall anything, unless its something really crap.
:confused:

Teh_Wolf
Jul 30 2003 Anchor

I wouldnt buy q3, I have ut already :D

--

leilei
Jul 30 2003 Anchor

Does UT have platformers, action, superhero and gargoyle mods?

--

Jul 30 2003 Anchor

ViperX wrote: why did you uninstall it anyway?

I never uninstall anything, unless its something really crap.
:confused:

I uninstalled it, because I have a 30Gb HDD, which I also use for video editing. Space is pretty limited, unfortunately so I uninstall what I'm not using. I'll probably get another drive in the near future, and configure a master/slave relationship between them.

The_Wolf wrote: I wouldnt buy q3, I have ut already :D

It's a matter of taste, the gameplay styles ARE quite different. UT is to me, little more than a coaster, to others the equivalent of a gold disc ;-)

CheapAlert wrote: Does UT have platformers, action, superhero and gargoyle mods?

Indeed, not that UT doesn't have a mod scene, just there is unprecedented attention surround iD releases. Personally, one of my all time favourite mod's is Rocket Arena. I used to play it non-stop :-)

Jul 31 2003 Anchor

Fair enough....

Ive got a 40gb drive. Ive filled 3/4 of it already, with games I never play, and files im never going to use.

I really should start to clear it up now before I run out of space, but for some reason it doesnt slow my PC down like it did on all my previous PCs.

Quake 3 is an awesome game and totally worth buying.
Ive got it on PC and PS2.
Although Ive never played UT so I dont know whether thats better or not :D

GAMESOULjA
Jul 31 2003 Anchor

CheapAlert wrote: Does UT have platformers, action, superhero and gargoyle mods?

platformers? O_o did ya say platformers...like sonic?... O_o
btw,when do u think the mod scene for quake 3 will die...if ever?

--

Aug 2 2003 Anchor

5th January 2011....... maybe

When Quake 4 comes out people will turn to that :D

Aug 2 2003 Anchor

People will still be modding on the Quake 3 engine even after Doom 3/Quake 4 has been released. Just look at the iD back catalogue for proof of that ;-)

Anyways ... what Quake 3 mods are you guys playing? Anyone still playing Team Arena ... or is it vanilla Quake all the way?

- Edited By Vyse On Sat 2nd, Aug 2003 @ 5:06:54pm

Neo-Reloaded
Neo-Reloaded I think i'm BaCk! :) i'm 18 now :P 28/03 (H)
Aug 2 2003 Anchor

when hl2 is released most of the people are going to stop playing other games(such as quake)to play hl2, so hl2 all the wayyyyyyy!

--

**wearing a christmas hat since xmas 2004 :)** ThAt'S ThE sPiRiT! ;)
thx 4 teh avatar cheap!:D
Back regularly! 8) i'm an adult in my country now! i'm 18!:O ... anyway...
I'm Back :) ... or am I? O_o

new e-mail addy, check profile :)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.