Forum Thread
Integrating Steam Achievements with Game Maker 8.0? (Forums : Coding & Scripting : Integrating Steam Achievements with Game Maker 8.0?) Locked
Thread Options
XeonBoxStudios
XeonBoxStudios DarkestLord
Jun 25 2012 Anchor

For our game, me and my brother have gone all out, trying to make it as great as possible. Now, he wants Steam Achievements.
Would it be possible to do that with Game Maker?

--

I'm the scream in the halls, the horror in the walls, I'm everywhere, even Nigra Falls!

AdrianL1996
AdrianL1996 Source Mod Developer
Jun 25 2012 Anchor

The game would need to be on Steam to have achievements in the first place.

Steampowered.com is how to get the game is on Steam.

--

User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

"No Gods or Kings, only Men."
- Andrew Ryan, BioShock

XeonBoxStudios
Jun 25 2012 Anchor

Okay. And after it's on Steam...?

--

I'm the scream in the halls, the horror in the walls, I'm everywhere, even Nigra Falls!

Jun 25 2012 Anchor

i think the way it works is that after its added on steam, valve will probably give you the tools to implement it in your code, i checked on google seems like theres no answer for it

XeonBoxStudios
Jun 25 2012 Anchor

Ahhh. Thanks. :D

--

Aug 30 2012 Anchor

To summarise, after steam has taken an interest in your game, they will more than likely give you some tools or a simple .dll file that you would then import into your game and with that, you would have the chance to incorporate the achievements as well as other steam features.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.