Forum Thread
Import source models into 3Ds max 2009 (Forums : 3D Modeling & Animating : Import source models into 3Ds max 2009) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 5 2009 Anchor

Hello guys,

I used google first but couldn't find a good answer to my questions. First of all, where are all those source models stored? I mean HL2-models, CS-models, TF2-models, L4D-models,... I couldn't find them in my steam map. And second question, what's the best way to import those models into Max 2009?

Propably, this question has already been asked many times but I didn't find any answer. So hopefully, you guys can help me out! Thx in advance!

Brick Top

Mar 5 2009 Anchor

GCF Scape

--

:D squall is an emo :D
User Posted Image

Matuka628
Matuka628 I defy the law's of gravity.
Mar 5 2009 Anchor

Here's what I do...
1. Extract the models from GCF-Scape to a place, I dunno, somthing like: "My documents/Source-Game models/*GAME NAME*/".
2. Download and install Nemesis's MDL-Decompiler, however it is a little buggy, now decompile the *.MDL that you want.
3. Now, look for the 3DSMax 9/'08/'09 Import/Export by Wunder-boy, its superb...
4. Install them plugins.
5. Now import the SMD the MDL-Decompiler exported.
6. Enjoy, oh and don't forget to give me £100,000,000, or double that in dollars.

--

Im burning through the sky, 2000º! That's call me Mr.Farenheight, I travel at the speed of light.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.