Forum Thread
by member
If you want mods in future Frostbite 3 games enter here! (Forums : General Banter : If you want mods in future Frostbite 3 games enter here!) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 2 2013, 1:35pm Anchor

Hi to all. I've made recently an online petition to EA and the Frostbite Development Team for providing a Mod Development Kit for future games made with the Frostbite 3 engine.

For those who don't know what a mod is: It is a modification of the game made by the community and it can affect the graphics, sound or playability as well as elements of the interface in the game. They can be little modifications or a completely new game (Counter Strike was at first only a mod of Half-life 2). This addons give the players the possibility to customize their games.

Signing this petition will only take you some seconds and it could mean free tons of gygabites of content for games in the new generation.

This petition affects the players of the following games:
-Dragon Age: Inquisition
-Mass Effect 4
-Star Wars Battlefront
-Battlefield 4
-Mirrors Edge 2
-Plants vs Zombies:Garden Warfare
-Command and Conquer
-Need for Speed: Rivals

We have to reach 5000 signatures for achieve this goal. If you sign in (please, do it) share this link with your friends and maybe we could reach this utopia of freedom for creativity.

Thanks.

Change.org

User Posted Image

Sep 2 2013, 5:27pm Anchor

Doubt it will ever happen, EA wants to sell DLCs and mods would be greatly affect those sales.

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Sep 2 2013, 8:21pm Anchor
Steel_Falcon wrote:

We have to reach 5000 signatures for achieve this goal. If you sign in (please, do it) share this link with your friends and maybe we could reach this utopia of freedom for creativity.

Thanks.

What makes you think that 5000 people may change the mind of the publisher? What I think is the developers will do, is give you/us more tools to build more content (such as maps, missions), which can then be enjoyed by everyone. Like MurDoc, I think EA find their DLC too promising to give up on them. I know Bioware wasn'T sold that long ago, but I think Mass Effect is a good example for effective DLC. Without it you don't get to play the same game.

Of course I wish developers will make games more mod-friendly again, but I think that train has passed. What we will see is different products that essentially allow for the user to create his own content within.

--

User Posted Image

Sep 3 2013, 6:17am Anchor

But maybe EA decides to make mods avaliable only for users who buy some DLC or who pay for having access to those mods. It's horrible but it's better than anything.

Sep 3 2013, 8:00am Anchor
Steel_Falcon wrote:But maybe EA decides to make mods avaliable only for users who buy some DLC or who pay for having access to those mods. It's horrible but it's better than anything.

Pay 60 bucks for the game, then pay some more for DLC to then get mods (aka free content)?
Why would they do that, if they can do it like this:
Pay 60 bucks for the game, then pay some more for DLC, then pay again for even more DLC.
It's EA we're talking about.

--

User Posted Image

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.