Forum Thread
How do you play more than one level in the Battlefield 2 Demo? (Forums : Support : How do you play more than one level in the Battlefield 2 Demo?) Locked
Thread Options
Jul 24 2014 Anchor

Hello, everybody!

I have both the Battlefield 2 Demo and the full game, and I was wondering if it was possible to play all of BF2's levels on the Battlefield 2 Demo? I copy the level files from the base game's level directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Levels

And I place them in the Demo's level directory.

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield 2 Demo\mods\bf2\Levels

The levels show up on the Singleplayer menu, but when I try to load one up besides the Gulf of Oman, which comes with the Demo, the game crashes with no explanation after loading a few objects and textures. Why can't I play more than one level on the Demo? Any answer is appreciated, and I thank you all for your time.

Sincerely,

Seislund

Soof49
Soof49 The title shown below your name on forum posts
Jul 24 2014 Anchor

I don't understand why you would need to do this.

Besides, that's not how it works. The game is scripted to stop AFTER the first level in the battlefield 2 demo. You cant just throw levels in and expect it to work. It'd be like adding additional levels to the full game and expecting them to just randomly work after the original set of levels. Not that easy.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.