Forum Thread
by member
How do i port PC Games to the Xbox 360? (Forums : Console Gaming : How do i port PC Games to the Xbox 360?) Locked
Thread Options
HLModder
HLModder I'm a HL1/2 modder.
Dec 22 2012, 12:56pm Anchor

Ok, im a huge :gordon: half-life fan :ninja: but, i want to know how, to port games i legally own (i own all of my games legally) to the Xbox 360, because i want to play Half-Life: Source on my Xbox 360, i did burn it to a disc, i did what an xbox 360 game would have in it. but does not work in my xbox 360:flame:, so can you tell me how to Port a Source Engine game:moddb: (Half-Life Source):D to my xbox 360.:O

--

-HLModder8)

Dec 22 2012, 1:19pm Anchor

You won't be able to do it.

Dec 29 2012, 12:52pm Anchor

There is a half life game go and buy

Dec 29 2012, 1:21pm Anchor

A PC game won't work on an XBox. There's a reason that there are PC and XBox versions of most games, and it's not to sell more copies. The two systems have fundamentally different architectures and require specialized coding just for them to make something work. You can't just burn a disc and play. You have to tear the game down and build it back up with a different set of blueprints.

If you want to play Half-Life on your Xbox, I'm afraid you're going to have to buy it all over again.

--

I snark, therefore, I am.

User Posted Image
The reason behind this banner will be revealed in due time....

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.