Forum Thread
HL2 Cinematic Mod 2013 - Zombie Skin Replacement (Forums : Support : HL2 Cinematic Mod 2013 - Zombie Skin Replacement) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 10 2016 Anchor

I've posted this on the HL2 discussions in Steam and on the FakeFactory forums, but the FF Forums are a dead place and none of the new threads ever get replied to, apologies if this isn't the 'right' place to post this.

The Cinematic Mod for HL2 comes with a separate character pimper that allows you to choose between skins for NPCs. However the pimper doesn't allow you to choose skins for zombies, and the rest of the skins for the zombies are fine besides the default zombie. Not sure why, but FF decided to make them look like voldemort instead of actual headcrab zombies. I saw another thread in the FF forums that went over someone wanting to replace the default zombie skin but it wasn't clear as to how to accomplish it.

I want to replace the grey, ghoul-esque zombie skin with this skin off of GameBanana: Hl2.gamebanana.com

How exactly would I go about replacing the regular zombie skin with the skin that I downloaded? (Contains two files: Zombie_classic_sheet.vtf and Zombie_classic_sheet_normal.vtf) I saw another thread that lightly brushed over how to replace skins by pasting the folder (in this case, 'Zombie') within the 'models' folder in the 'custom' in the '1_CM_Loosefiles' folder in the hl2, episodic, and ep2 folders of the main Cinematic Mod 2013 directory, but I put the folder into the custom folder and it didn't work. I suspect I have to do something else to replace the skins, but I don't know what. Help?

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.