Forum Thread
Half Life: The City 13 Incident (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : Half Life: The City 13 Incident) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 30 2012 Anchor

Hey.

I plan to work on a mod for Half Life 2: Episode Two soon, called Half Life: The City 13 Incident.

The mod will take place a week after the events of Half Life 2: Episode One, and will be set in City 13 as a group of rebels attempt to overthrow their Combine occupiers, in response to the Uprising in City 17.

I can't give exact details yet, but I will probably begin the mod as early as next summer, as I've never done ANYTHING before in SDK, and will need some time for practice.

P.S: I originally posted this in the wrong section.

epicbox
epicbox Mastermind
Oct 2 2012 Anchor

Well the story doesn't sound too complex, as long as it's well delivered it should be okay!

--

Are you in or out?

Rafenrazer
Rafenrazer Concept artist
Oct 4 2012 Anchor

Look up some tutorials and good luck. Once you get some levels done, you should start looking for people to help contribute to you project.

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Oct 4 2012 Anchor

benoski wrote: Hey.

I plan to work on a mod for Half Life 2: Episode Two soon, called Half Life: The City 13 Incident.

The mod will take place a week after the events of Half Life 2: Episode One, and will be set in City 13 as a group of rebels attempt to overthrow their Combine occupiers, in response to the Uprising in City 17.

I can't give exact details yet, but I will probably begin the mod as early as next summer, as I've never done ANYTHING before in SDK, and will need some time for practice.

P.S: I originally posted this in the wrong section.

Sounds like the story will be flat enough you won't even need voice actors so yeah, I advise trying to make some really good gameplay. Or you could do the crazy thing and get a writer to help you, I heard there's even enough of them that they petitioned a forum section just for themselves....

Edited by: TheUnabridgedGamer

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.