Forum Thread
Half life 2 release date : SUMMER (Forums : PC Gaming : Half life 2 release date : SUMMER) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Feb 4 2004 Anchor

Money.cnn.com
ok , I changed my mind . i'm not going to buy half life any more . I'm TIRED of all this bullshit , donnu why they keep bitching about the stupid release date.
well the only other choice is to get DOOMIII...

Feb 4 2004 Anchor

They don't have a release date :P

BTW, Moddb.com

--

User Posted Image

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Feb 4 2004 Anchor

While still shying away from giving a firm date, Doug Lombardi, Valve's director of marketing, told me the company "is currently targeting this summer for the completion of Half-Life 2".

Valve does not plan to reveal any additional information until the time surrounding the E3 trade show, where the game will once again be shown this year. E3 will be held in Los Angeles May 12-14.

I'd say they have a release date now. If Doug Lombardi says that it's not coming out until summer, then it's official that we have 10 more months to wait. Anyone want a cup of Far Cry while they're waiting?

--

User Posted Image

dEaThMaStEr
dEaThMaStEr modDB Pile of Twigs
Feb 4 2004 Anchor

hl2 will never come out.. remember when it was gonna be out for the holidays?? HA! Im puttin my trust in doom3, cause they never said a release date to begin with, so they cant let me down! ;)

Garglet
Garglet I can't get the neighbours cat out of my house!
Feb 4 2004 Anchor

im putting my trust in operation flashpoint. its out, so you can REALLY rely on it.

--

look at me, i have no signature!

chis
chis Old man.
Feb 4 2004 Anchor

heh, that game is alright

even tho i never play it :paranoid:

--

Nothing.

Feb 4 2004 Anchor

i'm waiting for the new teletubbies game!

actually i want halo 2 more.

Neurowave
Neurowave Viva ModRealm
Feb 4 2004 Anchor

THEY WERENT LYING, it was Sept. 30, 2004

--

User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Feb 4 2004 Anchor

frosty_theaussie wrote:

While still shying away from giving a firm date, Doug Lombardi, Valve's director of marketing, told me the company "is currently targeting this summer for the completion of Half-Life 2".

Valve does not plan to reveal any additional information until the time surrounding the E3 trade show, where the game will once again be shown this year. E3 will be held in Los Angeles May 12-14.

I'd say they have a release date now. If Doug Lombardi says that it's not coming out until summer, then it's official that we have 10 more months to wait. Anyone want a cup of Far Cry while they're waiting?

No, you have about 4 months, 5 at most. American summer is the opposite from you southern hemisphere Aussies, and that's what time they're running on. Don't get mad at Valve, get mad at the little bitch tit that caused all of this. We would have had our HL2 by now.

- Edited By 40ozFreak On Wed 4th, Feb 2004 @ 9:33:32pm

frosty-theaussie
Feb 5 2004 Anchor

Heheh, whoops. DAMMIT! Oh well, at least I'll have something to do in the cold winter.

get mad at the little bitch tit that caused all of this

The hacker didn't cause the delay. Half-Life 2 wasn't finished. Gabe Newell has admitted this himself.

--

User Posted Image

Feb 5 2004 Anchor

/me dances naked and sprinkles urine on all the raving peons below

--

User Posted Image

chis
chis Old man.
Feb 5 2004 Anchor

/me backs away from urine trails :paranoid:

--

Nothing.

T-RonX
T-RonX Warm Milk
Feb 5 2004 Anchor

frosty_theaussie wrote: Heheh, whoops. DAMMIT! Oh well, at least I'll have something to do in the cold winter.

The hacker didn't cause the delay. Half-Life 2 wasn't finished. Gabe Newell has admitted this himself.

maybe the did it on perpose, becouse it's not finished yet and planned a release date to early :P

- Edited By T-RonX On Thu 5th, Feb 2004 @ 4:07:19pm

--

Garglet
Feb 5 2004 Anchor

maybe we're just being paranoid :paranoid:

--

Feb 5 2004 Anchor

frosty_theaussie wrote: Heheh, whoops. DAMMIT! Oh well, at least I'll have something to do in the cold winter.

Yes, it wasn't finished, we know that. But the game would've been out by now if they didn't have to take the time repairing or recoding anything that was effected by the leak, including all the security issues, the algorithms, and anything else that was exposed. That still takes time.

Garglet
Feb 5 2004 Anchor

a good point there. It is partly the hackers fault. that stupid nerd

--

T-RonX
T-RonX Warm Milk
Feb 5 2004 Anchor

Ill just sit back and relax till it comes out :)

--

Garglet
Feb 5 2004 Anchor

a good idea. lets all cool off. itll come eventually :)

--

chis
chis Old man.
Feb 5 2004 Anchor

i nearly forgot about it, until it was brought up :/

--

Nothing.

Wilhelm_III
Wilhelm_III Who the hell do I think I am?
Feb 6 2004 Anchor

The real question is why didn't valvE hire the best hacker/comp guy ib the world to find the comp used to hack, then capture and turture to death the guy who did this? That would make me hapy. ;)

frosty-theaussie
Feb 7 2004 Anchor

Hey guys, if you want something fun and epic to play while waiting for Half-Life 2, buy Universal Combat. It's the newest game in the Battlecruiser 3000 AD series, except this time it's more streamlined. Instead of micromanaging an entire battleship, you can choose to just be an individual marine and drop down to a planet and kill the enemy. And best of all, it's only $20 USD (!).

--

User Posted Image

T-RonX
T-RonX Warm Milk
Feb 7 2004 Anchor

hmm... looks good on the screenshots :thumbup: :)

--

DLS
DLS Teh 1337 Coder
Mar 5 2004 Anchor

Is it going to come out during the next month?

--

DLS
Download Land Software
--------------------------------------------------
-->Workers needed for David Hunter 3<--
--------------------------------------------------
multiedit.moddb.com

frosty-theaussie
Mar 5 2004 Anchor

What, HL2? Nah, its coming out after E3.

--

User Posted Image

Neurowave
Neurowave Viva ModRealm
Mar 8 2004 Anchor

HL2 and TF2 both end in 2! CONSPIRACY!

--

User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.