Forum Thread
Half Life 1 spoiler needed! (Forums : PC Gaming : Half Life 1 spoiler needed!) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Dec 23 2004 Anchor

i have been trying to remember to ask this for awhile but i keep on forgeting. i beat half life 1 on an old computer at the time and when i got to the last boss i had no sound in the game because it screwed up. i beat the boss and then g-man talks to you and teleports you to different weird places and talks more. its been killing me that i couldnt hear what he said. can someone who beat it tell me it with detail please? i just remember now and im curious all over again.

Dec 23 2004 Anchor

Isn't Gamefaqs.com great? :D

some wrote: G-man: "Gordon Freeman, in the flesh. Or rather, in the hazard suit. I
took the liberty of relieving you of your weapons. Most of them were
government property. As for the suit, I think you've earned it. The
borderworld, Xen, is in our control, for the time being, thanks to you.
Quite a nasty piece of work you managed over there. I am impressed.

"That's why I'm here, Mr. Freeman. I have recommended your services to
my eh-eh-eh-eh-employers and they have authorized me to offer you a
job. They agree with me that you have limitlesssss potential.

The scene shifts to a train very similar to the Black Mesa train that
Gordon came to work in.
"You've proved yourself a decisive man, so I don't expect you'll have
any trouble deciding what to do. If you're interested, just step into
the portal and I will take that as a yes. Otherwise, hm, well, I can
offer you a battle you have no chance of winning. Rather an anticlimax
after what you've just survived. Time to choose."

At this point, Gordon can either step through the door or not,
resulting in two different endings.

Ending 1, or "Gordon's an idiot"

G-man: "Well, it looks like we won't be working together. No regrets,
Mr. Freeman."

SUBJECT: FREEMAN
POST MORTEM:
Subject declined offer of employment.
Half-Life
<credits>

Ending 2, or "Do I get Dental?"

G-man: "Wisely done, Mr. Freeman. I will see you up ahead."

SUBJECT: FREEMAN
AWAITING ASSIGNMENT
Half-Life
<credits>

Edited by: Karuto

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Dec 23 2004 Anchor

I shall help you my dire friend:

Half-Life wrote: "Gordon Freeman, in the flesh. Or rather, in the hazard suit. I took the liberty of relieving you of your weapons. Most of them were government property. As for the suit, I think you've earned it.

The borderworld, Xen, is in our control, for the time being, thanks to you. Quite a nasty piece of work you managed over there. I am impressed.

That's why I'm here, Mr. Freeman. I have recommended your services to my eh-eh-eh-eh-employers and they have authorized me to offer you a job. They agree with me that you have limitlesssss potential."

* The scene shifts to a train very similar to the Black Mesa train that Gordon came to work in.

"You've proved yourself a decisive man, so I don't expect you'll have any trouble deciding what to do. If you're interested, just step into the portal and I will take that as a yes. Otherwise, hm, well, I can offer you a battle you have no chance of winning. Rather an anticlimax after what you've just survived.

Time to choose."

* At this point, Gordon can either step through the door or not, resulting in two different endings.

Ending #1: Gordon refuses the offer

"Well, it looks like we won't be working together. No regrets, Mr. Freeman."

Ending #2: Gordon accepts the offer

"Wisely done, Mr. Freeman. I will see you up ahead."

Edit: Blast you Karuto :P

Edited by: frosty-theaussie

--

User Posted Image

Dec 23 2004 Anchor

Bwahahahaha!!! :D

It's okay, frosty. Your web-surfing powers just aren't as superior as mine are :devil:

--

Dec 23 2004 Anchor

lol thanks. i dont know why i didnt find it on google.

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Dec 23 2004 Anchor

Karuto wrote:
It's okay, frosty. Your web-surfing powers just aren't as superior as mine are :devil:

Wasn't web-surfing. I have the Half-Life, Opposing Force, Blue-Shift, and Decay scripts on my hard disk :P

--

User Posted Image

Dec 23 2004 Anchor

If a game is relatively older, you just might find the script of the game on Gamefaqs.com, if the game is popular enough and has a single-player mode. Just keep that in mind :)

--

embers.
embers. I'm a lumberjack....
Dec 24 2004 Anchor

i always wondered what happened at the end,i was never graced with a pc goood enough for half life when it first came out. My friend had it and said something about a battle you couldnt win.

Dec 24 2004 Anchor

Yes, I saw it on G4TechTV's Xplay. When you wait and don't go through the portal, after the door closes, you're sent to this area covered in rocks where there's a hell of a lot of enemies surrounding you. Of course, you don't even get to face them; the screen just flashes black and it says you've been killed. So, even if you tried, it's obviously not a battle you can win, and the Gman meant it :P

--

Epi7aph
Epi7aph I listen to albums. (Formally StormÇrøw)
Dec 24 2004 Anchor

i wonderwhat would've happend if you cheated. . .

--

ModDB Fucking Oldtimer and (ex) Crow
Who changed my signature!
Playlist
User Posted Image

embers.
Dec 24 2004 Anchor

you would now still be trying to kill those monsters :P

ComradeTiki
ComradeTiki For the Common Good
Dec 24 2004 Anchor

If you cheat, you can kill the first six in the front. They are arranged three grunts wide.

After the first two rows, they are no longer alien grunts, but simple flat images that look like alien grunts. And it still goes black when it should.

--

User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Dec 24 2004 Anchor

u didnt need game faqs u could have went to half life source and went to the end chapter

Dec 24 2004 Anchor

hmmmm wierd
dosent really have anything to do with hl2 they should have made it somewhat relevant to hl2

Dec 24 2004 Anchor

Double-posting madness...

It does have something to do with Half-Life 2 seeing as how Gman employed Gordon for HL2. Gordon seems to come out of nowhere to show up at City 17 to help out. What else could explain it but Gman using Gordon's services? There you go.

--

Dec 24 2004 Anchor

dont close this yet, i have one more question. anyone have any half life secrets? anything will do...

------------------------------------------------------------
update: i found these easter eggs on google:

Eggheaven2000.com

Eggheaven2000.com

Planethalflife.com

Scientist nude code
This works, but after seeing it, I dare not tell the public what it is.

yeah right :rolleyes:

"sv_third_choice" Controls number of game endings. If set to 1.0, the G-Man offers the two original choices, or an additional two-week getaway in Mexico.

more bull

"describing being a door as a secret character" Door Swings open, closed; can lock. Also frequently receives transmissions from the G-Man and Xen High Council regarding "Project Doomsday Omega.".

im starting to think the easter eggs from planethalflife are jokes
------------------------------------------------------------

if you know any different ones then those, feel free to tell me. even if they're small little things like secret places you can go to using noclip.

Edited by (in order): Chunky, Chunky, Chunky, Chunky, Chunky, Chunky, Chunky, Chunky

ComradeTiki
Dec 24 2004 Anchor

Of course they are, as true HLers like to laugh at the gullible who want to be true HLers.

There are no solid easter eggs, apart from the unseen textures such as CLIP and Marc Laidlaw's novels in Gordon's locker. If you want to get deep into stuff, the textures used by the Gman are all sharing peculiar dimensions found on aliens, such as the alien grunt and houndeye. No other human model has this relation to the odd texture sizes.

--

User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Dec 25 2004 Anchor

i bet the easter eggs from www.eggheaven2000.com are real. i want to try the gman's suitcase one.

Edited by: Chunky

ComradeTiki
Dec 25 2004 Anchor

The GMan has a firearm and several files, unreadable, as well as an electronic readout and ID, in his suitcase.

User Posted Image

--

User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Dec 25 2004 Anchor

ComradeTiki wrote: The GMan has a firearm and several files, unreadable, as well as an electronic readout and ID, in his suitcase.

User Posted Image

awsome :) how did you know/get that though?

embers.
Dec 25 2004 Anchor

get the model and look on the inside

edit:i just looked at the easter egg YOU POSTED and it tells u how to do it, its just noclip

Edited by: embers.

ComradeTiki
Dec 25 2004 Anchor

Am I the only true Half-Lifer here?? There is a utility, called Half-Life Model Viewer. There is a more recent modification of it, called Jed's Half-Life Model Viewer.

HLMV enables texture extraction and texture importation of models, and scaling and sizing of the model skeleton and mesh, with the ability to save. (That means that you can make models bigger and fatter looking, if you wish) Also opening the .PAK files used to store WON Half-Life files such as the .MDLs for models, including the G-Man, is possible with HLMV. Upon opening, one may extract his briefcase textures, as well as watch the G-Man walk.

Jed's Half-Life Model Viewer enables viewing and modifying translucent textures on models, allowing glass and a glow-like appearance for Half-Life 1's models, but only in Steam or a modified WON version. Also can do transparency, which is good for getting a more complex appearance for fewer polygons. Jed's also can export a UV map, which is a blank texture showing the wireframe of the model, to inform you as to where the texture is lined up on the mesh. More importantly, Jed's HLMV has the recent featureto open GCF files, used for Steam Half-Life game files to replace PAKs. This includes being able to view HL2 files, but I warn you that HLMV cannot understand the MDL formats of half-Life 2. For that, you require Half-Life 2 Model Viewer included in the Source SDK, which is available for download on Steam if you have registered Half-Life 2.

Original HLMV - Swissquake.ch
Jed's HLMV - Wunderboy.org

You are one step closer to reaching Half-Life Enlightenment.

Edited by: ComradeTiki

--

User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Dec 25 2004 Anchor

embers. wrote: get the model and look on the inside

edit:i just looked at the easter egg YOU POSTED and it tells u how to do it, its just noclip

i meant how did you get a picture of his briefcase inside. :rolleyes:

Edited by: Chunky

ComradeTiki
Dec 26 2004 Anchor

I exported the textures using Half-Life Model Viewer.

--

User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Epi7aph
Epi7aph I listen to albums. (Formally StormÇrøw)
Dec 26 2004 Anchor

theres always another way :P

--

ModDB Fucking Oldtimer and (ex) Crow
Who changed my signature!
Playlist
User Posted Image

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.