Forum Thread
Half-Life 1 Modding (Forums : General Banter : Half-Life 1 Modding) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 28 2016 Anchor

I'm making a Half-Life 1 mod and I was wondering if I could transfer weapons from Team Fortress Classic/Opposing Force to Half-Life. Also if I could change the texture of the arms that would be cool. Note: I'm a noob to modding so I'm going to need detailed descriptions or at least links to tutorials

Mar 28 2016 Anchor

Well, you could mod using the SoHL engine Moddb.com . It has all the weapons from all GoldSrc games. Also, you could check this site out for tutorials Twhl.info and this for tutorials and skins/weapons etc. Hl.gamebanana.com . The TWHL members are very helpful and you could ask also there for any help :) . I also found this thread there, the poster of which is asking the exact same question as you. Check it out Twhl.info .

I hope I was of help. Good luck with your project! It's always nice seeing someone new creating a GoldSrc mod :) .

--

Creator of the Half Life 1 mod Deflections.

Half Life D3

Mar 28 2016 Anchor

Thank you. This is my first mod and I appreciate all the help I can get.

Wow I just read the question and it's very similar to what I'm doing. I'm also basing parts of my mod around cut content.

I downloaded the SoHL and it's a text document. What do I do now?

Lust
Lust An idea can't be killed.
Mar 30 2016 Anchor

So you want to be a hl modder eh? As previously mentioned there are tons of tutorials.

Know the programs used-

Valve Hammer Editor - Map/Level Design

Milkshake, Maya3D, Photoshop - Character/Model Design

Half Life Sprite Wizard - 2D Animation

Goldwave, Sony ACID - Sound Editing/Design

Those are just the basics anyways. Couldn't tell you much about coding other than you can probably use something like Notepad++.

A bunch of sites I use to reference are now down, but should you need any help feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can get you pointed in the right direction.

--

David=/=Dave

Sep 21 2016 Anchor

Hey sorry I've been gone for awhile. I realized very quickly after trying this that modding is actually quite hard at least if you have no experience programming anything. Anyway I'm in grade 12 and graduating this year so maybe once I get some experience programming I may come back and try this again.

Edited by: Dmazes5

Oct 27 2016 Anchor

Yep, creating a mod is not the easiest thing to do, especially if you are not going vanilla like yourself. Coding is hard, but I suggest you get back to it and start making simple things. That's how you get experience. And if you need any help, the GoldSRC community is right here to help you ;) . Sorry I missed your question about SoHL (how to set it up), but my guess is you've probably figured it out by now.

Cheers!

--

Creator of the Half Life 1 mod Deflections.

Half Life D3

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.