Forum Thread
Ground Control 2 MP demo! (Forums : PC Gaming : Ground Control 2 MP demo!) Locked
Thread Options
Ikarus
Ikarus Press Member
Jun 19 2004 Anchor

The MP demo of the long awaited tactical RTS is finally out! Has anyone tried it yet? Share some impressions. My personal opinion is that the game kicks MAJOR ASS! It is a big improvement over the previous title, the graphics are smashing and some borrowed elements from Warcraft 3 have made the multiplayer stong enough to stand up in the crowd of RTS games flooding the market.. Easily the biggest event in the RTS world since the release of WarCraft 3. The game will also come packed with mod tools and I've already heard some interesting mod ideas. Drop by their new site if you're not familiar with the game, get the demo and lets see what ppl think about that...

Groundcontrol2.com

- Edited By ikarus On Sun 20th, Jun 2004 @ 6:11:39am

Jun 19 2004 Anchor

it looks great ! :D
i love the hl2 water effects, i tried this a few days ago and it really rocks. the drop ship ideas remind me of force commander with the smooth playability of generals, the shooting distance is huge and so are the maps ! hopefull it comes out soon because the singleplayer demo anyways definetly was worth the try

Ikarus
Ikarus Press Member
Jun 19 2004 Anchor

The release date is set for 22. 6 for the USA and a week later for Europe. The German version is already out as far as i know (the game is localized in 12 languages).
The multi really has potential, with the online system for the game (MassGate) resembling Blizzard's BattleNet in many ways. The single of the first GC was strong, so I expect nothing less from this one. And the alien race - the VIrons - are really one of hte most original ones I've ever seen. Ramains to be seen if they managed to balance the situation in multi though....

- Edited By ikarus On Sun 20th, Jun 2004 @ 6:21:51am

--

I got no picture and no meaningful text in my signature:)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.