Forum Thread
by member
  Posts  
Games you regret buying (Forums : Cosmos : Games you regret buying) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21
TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Jul 9 2011, 3:07am Anchor
VagabondPraetor wrote:


My thoughts exactly.

Jul 9 2011, 3:24am Anchor

I did actually have a thought.

Empires: Total War.

Very glad they decided to go back to the basics with Shogun 2: Total War.

Jul 11 2011, 5:51pm Anchor

The only game I regret buying was Resitance Retribution. The game held your hand the whole time with the auto lock-on feature,the weird slow movement and hiding behind barriers the whole time.

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Jul 12 2011, 10:57am Anchor
Lizardman28 wrote:The only game I regret buying was Resitance Retribution. The game held your hand the whole time with the auto lock-on feature,the weird slow movement and hiding behind barriers the whole time.


I tried the demo. Whether it was the fact that I actually somehow had a shorter range of fire than my enemies, the low-grade looking graphics (which surprised me), the fact that even when hiding behind cover my enemies could still shoot me, that I was fighting with allies - yet never felt like I actually had help, or the fact that yes - it felt like the game was trying to lead you through all the way.

I have no intention of buying it now.

Jul 12 2011, 11:32am Anchor

I already told which game i regret getting, now i can tell a game which was fantastic, but too hard for me at the time (i was like 9 then) , Myst Exile , and the worst thing is i have misplaced the 4 cds and now i cant find them! BWAH RAGE! :D

--

Think It. Sketch It. Create It. Repeat. 
User Posted Image

Jul 12 2011, 1:26pm Anchor
Flash112 wrote:I already told which game i regret getting, now i can tell a game which was fantastic, but too hard for me at the time (i was like 9 then) , Myst Exile , and the worst thing is i have misplaced the 4 cds and now i cant find them! BWAH RAGE! :D

The Myst games are all really good. Sadly, I never finished Riven because my mother threw away my notes. Then I started over, and my sister thought that I had drawn in her notebook, so she threw them away. So I started again, and...I accidentally lost them :redface: Then I basically said, "Screw it, I'm skipping this game." So I skipped to Exile, and played through it :)

Jul 12 2011, 1:42pm Anchor

yeah Exile is a really cool game, i think i just gonna have to tear my house apart to find those Cd's :D

--

Think It. Sketch It. Create It. Repeat. 
User Posted Image

Jul 12 2011, 1:58pm Anchor
Quote:I already told which game i regret getting, now i can tell a game which was fantastic, but too hard for me at the time (i was like 9 then)

i feel ya. i remeber watching other people play Myst 1 as a kid and those puzzles seemed just impossible to comprehend.

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Jul 12 2011, 2:50pm Anchor

Not that I don't mind Myst getting praise -- but gentlemen, you're getting off the subject. This is not "games you love" thread. This is games you -regret-.

Regret.

Regret.

Regret.

Sgt. Johnson: "Dear Humanity, we regret for coming to Earth. We regret having our asses handed to us by a raggedy ass fleet!"

Jul 12 2011, 2:56pm Anchor
Paradigmthefallen wrote:Sgt. Johnson: "Dear Humanity, we regret for coming to Earth. We regret having our asses handed to us by a raggedy ass fleet!"

*BOOM*

They'll regret that too...

(Sorry, couldn't resist :P I like Halo. Oh wait, this is a regret thread...)

Edited by: Garyn Dakari

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Jul 12 2011, 3:08pm Anchor
GarynDakari wrote:
Paradigmthefallen wrote:Sgt. Johnson: "Dear Humanity, we regret for coming to Earth. We regret having our asses handed to us by a raggedy ass fleet!"

*BOOM*

They'll regret that too...

(Sorry, couldn't resist :P I like Halo. Oh wait, this is a regret thread...)



*Does the Dr. Evil pinky face*

Goodbye number two!

*presses a button, Garyn's chair sends him sliding off into a black pit of no return*

:P

Edited by: TheUnabridgedGamer

Jul 12 2011, 3:17pm Anchor

Roll Eyes oh well sry about that...i was just in RAGE mode... :D
Well then another game i regret buying is GTA IV, well it was fun and all that (euphoria ragdolls, car physics, the scale of the game) but i am so tired of GTA and it didnt really offer anything new in terms of inovation, so yeah i got kinda bored after 4 days..

--

Think It. Sketch It. Create It. Repeat. 
User Posted Image

Jul 13 2011, 5:11pm Anchor

X2: The Threat...waste of money.

DragonNOR
O
N
L
I
N
E
DragonNOR Voice Actor
Jul 13 2011, 5:34pm Anchor

Just added another game to that list:

Shellshock 2: Blood trails.

--

My VA Showreel:
Youtube.com

My VA Website:
Ssydtangen.wix.com

Liothen
Liothen Dogmatic Law
Jul 13 2011, 9:50pm Anchor

I guess if i would have to regret buying any game it would be angry birds :( i have sunk way way to much time into it.

--

Mod DB Old Timer

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Jul 13 2011, 10:55pm Anchor
Liothen wrote:I guess if i would have to regret buying any game it would be angry birds :( i have sunk way way to much time into it.


My dad has that. I unlocked a bunch of levels for him. I honestly don't see the point of it, beyond something I'd want to do while, say, when a loading screen is presenting me the next level of a larger videogame.

Cryrid
Cryrid 3D Artist
Jul 14 2011, 11:29am Anchor
Liothen wrote:I guess if i would have to regret buying any game it would be angry birds :( i have sunk way way to much time into it.

Funny thing is, it's free on PC / Android. The prefer the Crush the Castle variant myself.

Quote: I honestly don't see the point of it

Some people live busy lives that don't allow them to break out 'larger' games whenever they please. But there's still tiny pockets of time throughout the day that are good times to be able to pull out your phone and be able to enjoy such entertainment while the window lasts.

Jul 14 2011, 11:37am Anchor
Lizardman28 wrote:The only game I regret buying was Resitance Retribution. The game held your hand the whole time with the auto lock-on feature,the weird slow movement and hiding behind barriers the whole time.

I enjoyed Retribution, and it displayed the best solution to the missing second analog hub... you could also shrink the size of the auto lock box, or turn it off completely.

Inbredguppey
Inbredguppey The Shaemon
Jul 15 2011, 5:44pm Anchor

I regret buying Fable 3 for my xbox 360. It was terrible compared to fable 2.
I shoulda got dead space 2. Oh well, at least i have a fable collection.

--

-Peace Off!
- - - - -
HP DV6 Quad Edition, AMD A8 3510mx (4 CPUs) 1.8/2.8GHz , AMD Radeon(tm) HD 6620g, 8GB Memory, 621GB HDD.
- - - - - - - - - 
 

Jul 15 2011, 5:54pm Anchor
Inbredguppey wrote:I regret buying Fable 3 for my xbox 360. It was terrible compared to fable 2.
I shoulda got dead space 2. Oh well, at least i have a fable collection.

I though Fable 3 was a mix of better and worse from 2. I liked the hole King setup that you go through... (though I feel it takes to long to get there...) but then again I miss the expression wheel, individual weapons, etc.

Hopefully Fable: The Journey for Kinect will right some of these wrongs.

Inbredguppey
Inbredguppey The Shaemon
Jul 15 2011, 6:11pm Anchor
l0rdx3nu wrote:
Inbredguppey wrote:I regret buying Fable 3 for my xbox 360. It was terrible compared to fable 2.
I shoulda got dead space 2. Oh well, at least i have a fable collection.

I though Fable 3 was a mix of better and worse from 2. I liked the hole King setup that you go through... (though I feel it takes to long to get there...) but then again I miss the expression wheel, individual weapons, etc.

Hopefully Fable: The Journey for Kinect will right some of these wrongs.


The only thing that was better were the graphics and the king aspects, and that is only by a little.
In fact, the King stages of the game were very rushed, and i finished all of it in about 2 hours. I was hoping it would take a full in game year to be king. I was ready for some grinding on the lute, which would have been better.

The sanctuary idea was cool, but it doesnt really seem any faster than navigating through a menu.

And answer me this, since when has any mans dancing been so good that he can just walk up to a random straight male villager and dance, then walk off like it's nothing.

All in all, they simplified this game to the point of stupidity. Fable 1 was probably superior to any of the Fable games since.
Well thats it for that.

Edited by: Inbredguppey

--

-Peace Off!
- - - - -
HP DV6 Quad Edition, AMD A8 3510mx (4 CPUs) 1.8/2.8GHz , AMD Radeon(tm) HD 6620g, 8GB Memory, 621GB HDD.
- - - - - - - - - 
 

Jul 15 2011, 6:28pm Anchor
Paradigmthefallen wrote:Not that I don't mind Myst getting praise -- but gentlemen, you're getting off the subject. This is not "games you love" thread. This is games you -regret-.

Regret.

Regret.

Regret.

Sgt. Johnson: "Dear Humanity, we regret for coming to Earth. We regret having our asses handed to us by a raggedy ass fleet!"


Actually, its "Dear Humanity, We regret being alien bastards, we regret coming to Earth, and we most definitely regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy-ass fleet"

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Jul 16 2011, 1:32pm Anchor
Inbredguppey wrote:I regret buying Fable 3 for my xbox 360. It was terrible compared to fable 2.
I shoulda got dead space 2. Oh well, at least i have a fable collection.

I finished Deadspace 2's first 7 chapters in 3 hours, on normal difficulty, after having not played the game for a few months. That being said, the ending chapters turn the difficulty up to eleven. The characters you encounter in Deadspace 2 are significantly more interesting and less annoying - although frankly, Hammond from DS and Tiedman from DS2 seem a bit too similar -.

I hope when I buy it, that the multiplayer is as good as I'm hoping (dang EA and their Online Activation Codes prevent me from playing that from my friend's copy).

Arxae
Arxae Resident Stepmania Freak :D
Jul 16 2011, 2:11pm Anchor

Time for some controversy:

I regret buying Oblivion :D

--

°w°

Jul 16 2011, 2:47pm Anchor
Sigma wrote:Time for some controversy:

I regret buying Oblivion :D


Same here if i'm honest the combat was bad the world was kinda samey all the way through and i didnt care about the quests. skyrim is looking nice though

--

Moddb.com << A 1st person survival action horror rpg?!?

Mod DB - Game Mod Manager
Mod DB - Game Mapper
Mod DB - 3D Game Modeller

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.