Forum Thread
by member
  Posts  
Games you regret buying (Forums : Cosmos : Games you regret buying) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Mar 20 2013, 10:54pm Anchor

ok i'll admit it. black ops 2.

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Mar 21 2013, 11:30am Anchor
Fijut wrote:ok i'll admit it. black ops 2.

I tried that during the free weekend on Steam. I think I lasted two hours before I was bored to the point of uninstalling it. Sorry to hear you were amongst the many that pre-ordered it.

Mar 21 2013, 4:26pm Anchor
MacDon wrote:Kingdom Hearts for the PS2-though I may get attacked here I couldn't get into the story when I was being attacked every few seconds by those shadow things (heartless?)

...what did you expect? They have cut-scenes, but nothing important really happens outside of them.

--

Current project: ???
Next planned project: ???
Actual next project: ???
Project I hope to revisit some day: Tricon
Persona

Dragonlord
Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Mar 21 2013, 5:10pm Anchor
Thatmanoverthere wrote:
MacDon wrote:Kingdom Hearts for the PS2-though I may get attacked here I couldn't get into the story when I was being attacked every few seconds by those shadow things (heartless?)

...what did you expect? They have cut-scenes, but nothing important really happens outside of them.


That actually is true for nearly all AAA games released in the last couple of years.

--

User Posted Image
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine Game Engine

User Posted Image by Salohcin

Mar 23 2013, 6:42am Anchor

Ace of Spades.
Those people from Jagex totally destroyed it.

Mar 24 2013, 2:11pm Anchor
TheSniperFan wrote:Ace of Spades.
Those people from Jagex totally destroyed it.

Maybe, I have about 40 hours on it, surprisingly I find the zombie mode my favorite, defiantly reminded me of the Counter-Strike Modes and all their respective source look-a-likes. I thought others found the game just as good, thank god I didn't read any reviews before I played it or I would've played it with a sour taste. Can you reply with what prominent features they changed to make you hate it?

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Mar 24 2013, 5:15pm Anchor
Icedecknight wrote:
TheSniperFan wrote:Ace of Spades.
Those people from Jagex totally destroyed it.

Maybe, I have about 40 hours on it, surprisingly I find the zombie mode my favorite, defiantly reminded me of the Counter-Strike Modes and all their respective source look-a-likes. I thought others found the game just as good, thank god I didn't read any reviews before I played it or I would've played it with a sour taste. Can you reply with what prominent features they changed to make you hate it?


Yeah I oddly had a similar experience. There are certainly some imbalances (I will be very happy the day they cut the rocketeer at hand his unique building/secondary abilities to an engineer or to the miner class), but it seems to be a great experience, if a bit lower key than others. I'd give it at least a 7/10.

Apr 5 2013, 6:43pm Anchor

Omerta City of Gangsters

Just.. terrible.

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Apr 5 2013, 10:42pm Anchor

XCOM:Enemy Unknown.

Yes, technically I got it for free thanks to Bioshock Infinite, I just... it is so terribly buggy and glitchy! I mean it. I've had it prevent me from saving, forced me to reboot the entire game or restart missions, and the balancing is all made towards mid-to-end combat, so the beginning is a mixed bag of simplistic easy and almost bizzare difficulty spikes. I wanted to love it, but add in an awful and horrible forced story, and it gets a 5.5/10. I really tried to love it, but it's just too crappily executed for me to even finish, which says something, because I've finished almost all of the games I have.

Mobius89
Mobius89 Proud FREDder of the Inferno Team
Apr 6 2013, 5:21am Anchor

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter [PS2]. Its settings and environment are bad, it's too difficult, it has that dragon countdown which I can hardly tolerate, its Scenario Overlay system indirectly telling the player "I don't care how bad I am, you have to play through me several times". Damn. One of my friends and my brother tried it too, and admitted that it was a rather crap game.

DQ's reception is what amazed me the most, though.

Apr 6 2013, 8:51am Anchor

Dead Island.... Biggest waste of hype around....

Ace of Spades was destroyed.... Yeah

Apr 6 2013, 11:02am Anchor

I think the game was called Fall of Liberty. Biggest piece of crap ever. Great concept, horrible graphics and poorly executed. No store owner would buy it from me. sold it in a yard sale. Dead Island was a pretty big let down. 0 replay value and the story for the game just fell a part the more you played

Apr 17 2013, 2:17am Anchor

Battlefield 3.

Never thought I'd be praising Call of Duty for this since P2P connections have their flaws, but at least you don't get kicked and perma-banned for killing the admin or using a stinger. Also the singleplayer... Lovely cutscenes, lovely visuals, boring as all hell.

Honestly the multiplayer isn't too bad, but still not good enough to not make me regret picking it up even though it was cheap.

ind1
ind1 Evil Genius
Apr 29 2013, 11:14am Anchor

Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition - To many bugs it was actually a gift for my BDAY, if i had spent my own money i would have returned it.

--

Hi

Apr 30 2013, 3:55am Anchor

Need For Speed: Carbon

Unlike its prequel, the city is next to impossible to memorize ... not to mention they should shoot whoever came up with the 'endless nighttime' idea! I won't complain about the in-game graphics, but the pre-race cut-scenes are straight out of hell! The characters look like zombies or Frankenstein's Monsters ... stitches and all!

Luckily, it was already outdated when I bought it, and it only cost me 10 Euros.

May 17 2013, 8:40am Anchor

Many many years ago I was a bit of a Nintendo diehard.  I remember playing Yoshi's Island for the SNES and thought it was a pretty neat game for its time.  Then the N64 had Yoshi's Story... I assumed it was going to be like it's predecessor, a nice long platformer when we were in a drought of decent platformer games for the N64.

Boy how I was wrong, and not only that the whole "kindergarten storybook" theme made me feel very insecure just playing it.  Need I remind you I was about 20 and the awkward feeling I had.

May 17 2013, 9:06am Anchor

Ravaged

Very little servers , all of which have high ping.
Also the game it self is pretty weak, both gameplay-wise and visually as well as that it's as buggy as hell.

Glad I got it for 2.5$ but even so it's not worth the money.

May 17 2013, 11:04am Anchor

Resident Evil 6 - I thought it's going to be a fun coop game but it turned out be not...
Saints Row 2 - Steam version is not working :c
Shattered Horizon - there was no one online :/
Star Wars: The Old Republic (MMO) - You got more rewarded by playing Solo...I hate playing Solo in a MMORPG.

Edited by: Vankash

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
May 18 2013, 11:11pm Anchor
Vankash wrote:Saints Row 2 - Steam version is not working :c

The PC port is bugged I'm afraid.

Cryrid
Cryrid 3D Artist
May 19 2013, 12:35am Anchor

Terribly so. Luckily it only cost $2.50 so it wasn't a big waste for me, but it is truly a bad port. SR3 is much better on the other hand.

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
May 20 2013, 12:13am Anchor
Cryrid wrote:Terribly so. Luckily it only cost $2.50 so it wasn't a big waste for me, but it is truly a bad port. SR3 is much better on the other hand.

Agreed, even if it actually cut some of the supposedly more enjoyable modes that were in SR2.

Jul 4 2013, 11:10am Anchor

Theme park world, didn't buy it, got it for Christmas present, remember the guy in the store talking about this magical place and how awesome it's and so on. So my mom gave it to me for christmas, I was ridiculous happy, start playing the game and I lost and I lost, didn't understand, it was not like Roller Coaster Tycoon but better, I did not get how to get more people into my park. I started to cry, I cried myself to sleep with my mom trying to make things feel better. Wow, It even feels weird talking about it, even after this many years. Easily to say my worse gaming experience

Jul 4 2013, 11:46am Anchor

The only games I regret buying are Conspiracy: Weapons of Mass Destruction on PS2, Drug Wars (Merchants of Brooklyn) and Postal III. Drugs Wars and Postal III are both full of game breaking bugs and glitches that have never been fixed and Conspiracy: Weapons of Mass Destruction is simply one of the worst games that I've ever played.

Gholt
Gholt Creation Kit Expert & Corsair Fanatic
Jul 9 2013, 2:27am Anchor

Definetly Dead Island, it brought me all sorts of annoying bugs and glitches and Frame stuttering. It still stuttered while i was having 100+ FPS, biggest waste of my money back in the day.

--

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4,5GHz - CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro H100i Extreme - Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z - RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 4x4GB 1866MHz - Graphics Card(s): MSI GTX 760 TF OC/2GB SLI - Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Pistol Grey - Case Airflow: Corsair AF120x6 (Red) - Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 V2 - Monitor: Dell UltraSharp U2312HM IPS x2 - Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M65 Black - Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K90 Mechanical - Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Jul 9 2013, 6:50am Anchor
HeroBiX wrote:Theme park world, didn't buy it, got it for Christmas present, remember the guy in the store talking about this magical place and how awesome it's and so on. So my mom gave it to me for christmas, I was ridiculous happy, start playing the game and I lost and I lost, didn't understand, it was not like Roller Coaster Tycoon but better, I did not get how to get more people into my park. I started to cry, I cried myself to sleep with my mom trying to make things feel better. Wow, It even feels weird talking about it, even after this many years. Easily to say my worse gaming experience

I spent many happy hours on that game : D

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.