Forum Thread
by member
  Posts  
Games you regret buying (Forums : Cosmos : Games you regret buying) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21
Jul 26 2011, 6:20pm Anchor

I shoulda gone for some of the classic games on there. Oh well...

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Jul 26 2011, 7:09pm Anchor
GarynDakari wrote:I shoulda gone for some of the classic games on there. Oh well...

As I said, some indie ones are good. Max and the Magic Marker I was actually able to play cooperatively with my mom, because the nunchuck and wiimote are actually so different in use. Yes, that's right, you can get someone who isn't a gamer to be able to play it.

Lit is good for puzzles. Otherwise, it generally isn't that good.

Cave Story is... Cave Story. It may be the first "Odd Eastern" videogame to actually entrance me with it's whacky style.

and, And Yet It Moves....

That goes without saying. One of the best Indies for the Wii I've ever seen.

Jul 30 2011, 4:57pm Anchor

I regret buying super mario 7 yrs ago

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Jul 30 2011, 9:55pm Anchor
Fahim96 wrote:I regret buying super mario 7 yrs ago

I regret playing anything Mario, besides the kart racers.

Aug 9 2011, 2:59am Anchor

c'mon you regret super mario bro 3 or super mario world?????? 2 of the best games of all time in 99% of proples minds especially SMW that game was inspirational for anybody who wanted to get into games as a career.

Recent regrets duke forever and crysis 2 and the witcher 2 (not because the witcher is bad but because i cant play it for some reason my pc bluescreens after 20 mins)

--

Moddb.com << A 1st person survival action horror rpg?!?

Mod DB - Game Mod Manager
Mod DB - Game Mapper
Mod DB - 3D Game Modeller

Joe_Shmoe
Joe_Shmoe working on something =P
Aug 9 2011, 6:45am Anchor

Recent games I regret getting for xbox:

Crysis2 (cant really complain as it was my flatmate who baught it)
Blur
Alone in the dark

Thats pretty much it... Everything else I purchased so far was well worth the money

Aug 9 2011, 6:59am Anchor

ohhh alone in the dark yeah thats a huge regret

--

Moddb.com << A 1st person survival action horror rpg?!?

Mod DB - Game Mod Manager
Mod DB - Game Mapper
Mod DB - 3D Game Modeller

Cryrid
Cryrid 3D Artist
Aug 9 2011, 10:54am Anchor

I had good fun with Crysis 2

Joe_Shmoe
Joe_Shmoe working on something =P
Aug 9 2011, 11:11am Anchor
Cryrid wrote:I had good fun with Crysis 2

I wouldnt say it was a shite game... Just not worth the R700 ($100) price tag (since emphasis is on buying and not playing)

Edited by: Joe_Shmoe

Aug 9 2011, 4:58pm Anchor

Terraria, Minecraft, But I think the one that I regret most would probably be Operation flashpoint: Dragon rising. That game was horrible..

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Aug 9 2011, 5:08pm Anchor
stocko2k wrote:c'mon you regret super mario bro 3 or super mario world?????? 2 of the best games of all time in 99% of proples minds especially SMW that game was inspirational for anybody who wanted to get into games as a career.

Recent regrets duke forever and crysis 2 and the witcher 2 (not because the witcher is bad but because i cant play it for some reason my pc bluescreens after 20 mins)



I never played either of those games. I've only really enjoyed Mario Kart, and that's because of the combat and handling. It's why I'm eager to get Blur, actually (loved what I've played of it at a demo kiosk), since it provides similar combat without making me have to be... well... Mario or one of his cadre of characters.

The games that made me want to make my own video games, were primarily any game where I wanted to add more to the game. Like Rock Raiders (like unlocking the hover craft vehicle that was cut from the main game is only accesible for a second at the end of one campaign mission). If only modding it were easier than it apparently is.. (although people are actually modding it, surprisingly enough)

And yeah, played the Crysis 2 demo. I am not planning on buying it, honestly, unless someone presents a TC mod that makes it something worth while.

kunfu11 wrote:Terraria, Minecraft, But I think the one that I regret most would probably be Operation flashpoint: Dragon rising. That game was horrible..

I avoid Minecraft, and Terraria. They're seeming like a fad, at this point.

Aug 9 2011, 6:08pm Anchor
kunfu11 wrote:Terraria, Minecraft, But I think the one that I regret most would probably be Operation flashpoint: Dragon rising. That game was horrible..

Did you say you regret Minecraft? That's one in a million. Not joking.

Aug 9 2011, 6:14pm Anchor
xXMaNiAcXx wrote:Did you say you regret Minecraft? That's one in a million. Not joking.

Not really...There are quite a few flamers who hang out on the moddb Minecraft page constantly whining about how much the game sucks.

macacos2
macacos2 maps at the speed of a crippled turtle
Aug 9 2011, 6:20pm Anchor
GarynDakari wrote:There are quite a few flamers who hang out on the moddb Minecraft page

You mean me

--

Aug 9 2011, 6:25pm Anchor
macacos2 wrote:You mean me

I wasn't going to name names, but yes, you are one of them. I still don't understand why you do that, or why anyone does that.

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Aug 9 2011, 7:14pm Anchor
GarynDakari wrote:
macacos2 wrote:You mean me

I wasn't going to name names, but yes, you are one of them. I still don't understand why you do that, or why anyone does that.


If I want to build a fort and pretend to be defending it from zombie like things, I'll use my LEGO bricks.

macacos2
macacos2 maps at the speed of a crippled turtle
Aug 9 2011, 7:21pm Anchor

GarynDakari wrote: you are one of them

The only one

GarynDakariI wrote: I still don't understand why you do that, or why anyone does that.

The fact that some poorly coded $25 timewaster Lego game, with barely any mods on it's page, keeps getting a ridiculous amount of attention is just an annoyance like no other. It's Moddb page only gets what it gets of popularity because children and grown ups with an attention span of 8 seconds go to it's comment box to talk about Notch's greatness for creating such an innovative game about punching trees and making dicks with blocks, even though Notch is barely doing anything other than eating swedish bacon paste and blowing Jeb for doing everything for him and getting him the money.

They'll also occasionally yell at eachother to stop voicing their own opinions every now and then. It can make people really angry and issue in a karma rape on whoever disagrees about Lego online's perfection.

 Edit: Fixed a typo

Edited by: macacos2

--

Aug 9 2011, 7:30pm Anchor
Paradigmthefallen wrote:If I want to build a fort and pretend to be defending it from zombie like things, I'll use my LEGO bricks.

I understand why some people don't like the game, I just don't understand why people like Macacos2 have to spend so much time on a page for a game she doesn't even like, talking about how it's a fact that the game isn't good.

macacos2 wrote:The fact that some poorly coded $25 timewaster Lego game, with barely no mods on it's page, keeps getting a ridiculous amount of attention is just an annoyance like no other. It's Moddb page only gets what it gets of popularity because children and grown ups with an attention span of 8 seconds go to it's comment box to talk about Notch's greatness for creating such an innovative game about punching trees and making dicks with blocks, even though Notch is barely doing anything other than eating swedish bacon paste and blowing Jeb for doing everything for him and getting him money.

They'll also occasionally yell at eachother to stop voicing their own opinion every now and then. It can make people really angry and karma rape whoever disagrees about Lego online's perfection.


Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but your opinion is not the law. There's a difference between stating your opinion, and bashing a game every opportunity you get.

macacos2
macacos2 maps at the speed of a crippled turtle
Aug 9 2011, 7:32pm Anchor
GarynDakari wrote:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but your opinion is not the law. There's a difference between stating your opinion, and bashing a game every opportunity you get.

Do you always just "tl;dr" everything I write?

--

Aug 9 2011, 7:37pm Anchor

tl;dr?

Dragonlord
O
N
L
I
N
E
Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Aug 9 2011, 8:09pm Anchor

@macacos2:
It's one thing to dislike a game (and I can sing a lot of songs in that domain with the recent mediocrity tossed out at gamers) but constantly trolling the ModDB profile is wrong and should yield a ban. It's okay if you write once that it sucks for example using a properly articulated review post with proper arguments why it sucks but trolling is wrong. Stop doing that. I'm not a fan of Minecraft either (simply because I don't like this kind of lego-brick games without a real goal) but trolling them is wrong.

--

User Posted Image
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine Game Engine

User Posted Image by Salohcin

macacos2
macacos2 maps at the speed of a crippled turtle
Aug 9 2011, 8:41pm Anchor
Dragonlord wrote:constantly trolling the ModDB profile is wrong and should yield a ban.

I'm not there at all most of the time, as one states.

However, whenever I see anyone stating absurdities I will prove him/her/it wrong if I can. This is not exclusive to the Minecraft page, it just happens there more often.

If they can speak out their points, why can't I?

Edited by: macacos2

--

Aug 9 2011, 9:00pm Anchor
macacos2 wrote:I'm not there at all most of the time, as one biased individual states.

I assume you are referring to me?

A: Where did I say you were there *most* of the time? I just said you are on the MC page a lot for someone who doesn't even like the game.
B: Why do you say I am biased?

macacos2 wrote: However, whenever I see xXgenericminecraftplayer666Xx stating absurdities I will prove him wrong.

There you go again with that "I'm right, you're wrong." attitude. If someone likes a game, there is nothing to "Prove wrong", because opinions are not wrong or right.

macacos2 wrote: Hell, if they can speak out their points, why can't I?

GarynDakari wrote:There's a difference between stating your opinion, and bashing a game every opportunity you get.
TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Aug 9 2011, 9:15pm Anchor
GarynDakari wrote:
I understand why some people don't like the game, I just don't understand why people like Macacos2 have to spend so much time on a page for a game she doesn't even like, talking about how it's a fact that the game isn't good.


Not to get off subject, but just want to clarify something:

Wait... so my guess was right? I got the feeling Macacos2 was a girl, but I figured no reason to really say anything. Thus, I just say this now out of curiousity. Ignore me if you think I'm absolutely mad (on -this- subject. I prefer making a habit of being a raving lunatic.)

Aug 9 2011, 9:18pm Anchor
Paradigmthefallen wrote:Not to get off subject, but just want to clarify something:

Wait... so my guess was right? I got the feeling Macacos2 was a girl, but I figured no reason to really say anything. Thus, I just say this now out of curiousity. Ignore me if you think I'm absolutely mad (on -this- subject. I prefer making a habit of being a raving lunatic.)


I dunno if she is, but that's what the profile page says.

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.