Forum Thread
by member
  Posts  
Games you never-regret buying (Forums : Cosmos : Games you never-regret buying) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
Jul 25 2011, 3:17am Anchor
Paradigmthefallen wrote:
Kyou. wrote:The only game I don't regret buying hmm.... I only have one game I have ever bought and I guess it was worth it Jade Empire.

Wasn't that the martial-arts Bioware game? I really want that. An actual -action- -rpg-.

Crazy, I know! :idea:


I'd totally recommend that one. It's one of my favorite games, right next to KotOR. I didn't buy it though, my brother did.

Lets see...Games I never regretted buying...Just about every game I own, lol.

Jedi Academy - 10$
Lego Star Wars - 10$ On sale.
Lego Indiana Jones - 15$ On sale.
Star Wars the Force Unleashed(Wii) - 10$ On sale.
Mount & Blade - 5$ On sale.
Portal 2 - 30$ On sale.
The Potato sack - 42$
Minecraft - 12$ During Alpha.
Eragon - 5$ On sale. (I know, the game sucked, but I don't regret paying 5$ for a few hours of button mashing)

Wow...I just realized that I haven't bought very many games...That list is all but one of the games I have bought for myself. The other one would be Lego Star Wars 2. I don't *actually* regret that one, but I probably wouldn't have paid as much for it now as I did back then.(I paid the retail 30$ for it when it was new. As you may have guessed from my list, I don't often buy games at full price :P )

All the other games I've played either belong to my siblings, or I have borrowed from the library.

Reqieumthefallen
Reqieumthefallen Whreck-wee-um!. Remember that.
Jul 25 2011, 3:54pm Anchor

I rarely buy games at full price as well (hence why I was upset I wasted 10 bucks on Bayonetta). The last time I bought a game for 60 bucks, was Red Steel 2, and I don't actually regret that (pretty good for a Wii game. It's a bit of a grind fest to get your guns upgraded, though).

I can't say I don't regret JKA (as I've said before) but Lego Star Wars was worth it (also finally gave me an excuse to get a better graphics card).

Just out of curiosity -- why do you say Lego Star Wars 2 was released for 30 dollars? I seem to remember it being a bit more than that, during initial release. Also -- how did you find Portal 2 for 30? I've seen it, at lowest, 40.

Lastly -- I actually horde the games I've got. I don't get the whole "trade-in" vibe that's been going on recently. What's the point of trading a game if you get less than it's worth, and you just have to buy it back later if you want it again?

--

You know who's not got Facebook or Twitter? This guy.

Rank 119 -- only 118 more to go to reach the end bossfight...


Disclaimer -- the following below is NOT sarcasm:

Play Spec Ops: The Line. No, seriously, play it. NOW! It's probably still on sale on Amazon for crying out loud! I wish more games had balls like this game does, paired with some of the best writing, mechanics, and level design that's been seen this side of linear shooters.

Jul 25 2011, 5:04pm Anchor
Paradigmthefallen wrote:Just out of curiosity -- why do you say Lego Star Wars 2 was released for 30 dollars? I seem to remember it being a bit more than that, during initial release. Also -- how did you find Portal 2 for 30? I've seen it, at lowest, 40.

Dunno where you live, but so far all of the LEGO games have started at 30$ on the PC. I got Portal 2 from amazon about a week after release. I've seen it drop down a couple times, actually.

Paradigmthefallen wrote:Lastly -- I actually horde the games I've got. I don't get the whole "trade-in" vibe that's been going on recently. What's the point of trading a game if you get less than it's worth, and you just have to buy it back later if you want it again?

Same here. I've never sold, traded, or got rid of a game.

Reqieumthefallen
Reqieumthefallen Whreck-wee-um!. Remember that.
Jul 25 2011, 8:51pm Anchor
GarynDakari wrote:
Paradigmthefallen wrote:Just out of curiosity -- why do you say Lego Star Wars 2 was released for 30 dollars? I seem to remember it being a bit more than that, during initial release. Also -- how did you find Portal 2 for 30? I've seen it, at lowest, 40.

Dunno where you live, but so far all of the LEGO games have started at 30$ on the PC. I got Portal 2 from amazon about a week after release. I've seen it drop down a couple times, actually.

Paradigmthefallen wrote:Lastly -- I actually horde the games I've got. I don't get the whole "trade-in" vibe that's been going on recently. What's the point of trading a game if you get less than it's worth, and you just have to buy it back later if you want it again?

Same here. I've never sold, traded, or got rid of a game.


I usually stick to watching Amazon as well. A relative has an account, and often can get games for me over it. Pity I didn't manage to grab Cybertron though -- the PC version was all the way down to 15 dollars for one day only. But my gosh, some games are even cheaper. Dark Void, Sabotuer, Assassin's Creed -- almost any game that was either made for both PC and consoles or was ported to the PC (sometimes it's the former, believe me) is at an -extreme- discount.

--

You know who's not got Facebook or Twitter? This guy.

Rank 119 -- only 118 more to go to reach the end bossfight...


Disclaimer -- the following below is NOT sarcasm:

Play Spec Ops: The Line. No, seriously, play it. NOW! It's probably still on sale on Amazon for crying out loud! I wish more games had balls like this game does, paired with some of the best writing, mechanics, and level design that's been seen this side of linear shooters.

Jul 26 2011, 3:20pm Anchor
Paradigmthefallen wrote:I usually stick to watching Amazon as well. A relative has an account, and often can get games for me over it. Pity I didn't manage to grab Cybertron though -- the PC version was all the way down to 15 dollars for one day only. But my gosh, some games are even cheaper. Dark Void, Sabotuer, Assassin's Creed -- almost any game that was either made for both PC and consoles or was ported to the PC (sometimes it's the former, believe me) is at an -extreme- discount.

Same here. (Again) I usually ask my brother or my mother to order stuff, then I pay them in cash. Hey wait...I just thought of a game I regret buying! Belongs in the other thread...

Edited by: Garyn Dakari

LucianoGiacomozzi
LucianoGiacomozzi Composer/Voice Actor
Jul 26 2011, 4:46pm Anchor

Off the top of my head... All three first Monkey Islands, KotOR, Broken Sword I, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mafia, All three Mount & Blades (Although I didn't really buy With Fire and Sword), Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield, Age of Empires I & II

Edited by: LucianoGiacomozzi

--

Luciano Giacomozzi
Soundcloud.com

Ambient_Malice
Ambient_Malice Ultraconservative Hippie Freak
Sep 28 2011, 10:55pm Anchor

Deus Ex. Ten bucks from a bargain bin. Five years ago.

--

Is there any point in public debate in a society where hardly anyone has been taught how to think, while millions have been taught what to think?
-Peter Hitchens

Sep 29 2011, 1:18am Anchor

Have a pretty good selection but one that was really a find and caught me was Mafia, back then never have heard about it.

Sep 29 2011, 1:35am Anchor

Age of Empires I, II, and III
Half Life I and II
Dawn of War II and Retribution
Crysis 2

Sep 30 2011, 4:24pm Anchor

- all my CnCs  (which almost all of them, including the various add-ons)
- Hitman: Blood Money
- Future Cop L.A.P.D. (old game is old)

Sep 30 2011, 5:29pm Anchor

Half Life GOTY Edition, which includes all the expansions, CS, Ricochet, TFC, and HL:DM. Got all that from amazon for 11$. I finished Half Life, and Opposing Force. Started Blue Shift last night.

Half Life: Awesome game :thumbup:
Opposing Force: Good, but not nearly as good as HL. Same plot, just from the perspective of a different character.

Sep 30 2011, 5:34pm Anchor

Rome TotalWar
Deus ex
Halfife
Halflife 2
Counter strike 1.6 and source
TF2
Garrys mod
Red Orchestra 2
Wipeout series... best ps1 games ever!!!!
ssx3
Starcraft 2
Frozen Synapse <3
minecraft

my list is way to long to keep on going xD

--

Sep 30 2011, 5:42pm Anchor

Oh, I also got a few steam games on sale which I do not regret:

Terraria.
Garry's Mod.
Dark Forces.
Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight.
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

I got the whole JK collection. Now I have two copies of JKA, which is convenient, as one is for modding and one is for MP now, and I don't have to move and rename files whenever I want to play MP.

Sep 30 2011, 8:50pm Anchor

the second last game I bought was oblivion and not for 1second did i regret it, altho a more recent purchase of armed aussault 2 i do regret.

Mavis130
Mavis130 Fighting my archenemy Apathy
Oct 2 2011, 1:09pm Anchor

Steel Beasts Pro PE
Total War series
Half Life series
IL-2 series
Deus Ex
Battlefield 2 (only because of PR)
Call of Duty series (as angry as I get at it, no one can deny how entertaining it is)
OFP/OpF and ArmA series
Garry's Mod
Frozen Synapse
Uplink
Elder Scrolls series (Morrowind and Oblivion for me)
Carmageddon 2: Carpocolypse Now (gotta make sure the gore is set to "stomach churning")
Goldeneye 64
Perfect Dark
Star Fox 64

Those are some of the best games ever, never wished I didn't get em

Oct 2 2011, 2:04pm Anchor

Hm, there are dozens of games, so I don't really know which to point out...
I'll just do the ones I bought this year(allthough they might be older)

The Bastion,
Mount and Blade: Warband(especially for mods),
Frozen Synapse,
Magicka

and then some other games which come to mind;

Starcraft 2,
Age of Empires 2,
Roller Coaster Tycoon 2(seriously, just awesome)
Baldur's Gate
Neverwinter Nights (especially for Mods),
Total War Series( at least until Medieval 2, Mods Mods Mods)
Deus Ex 1

Oct 2 2011, 3:05pm Anchor

Half life 2
Half life 1
Penumbra Overture
Penumbra Black Plague
Penumbra Requiem
Amnesia:The Dark Descent
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Dead space 1
Dead space 2
Left 4 dead 2
GTA IV
Portal 2
Limbo 
mafia 2
DiRT 3
Super meat boy
Red Orchestra Ostfront 41-45
Mass effect 2
Assassins creed 2
Assassins creed brotherhood
Minecraft
Terraria
Garrys mod 10
Counter strike: Source

Oct 29 2011, 7:19pm Anchor

ill just post these up as i remember them...

Final Fantasy XI Online

Taru 75 WHM / 37 BLM ^^

Admiral_Skeybar
Admiral_Skeybar Designer
Oct 29 2011, 10:00pm Anchor

Portal/Portal 2
Halo Combat Evolved
Crysis/Crysis Warhead/Crysis 2
Mirrors Edge
Just Cause 2
Mount and Blade
...and maybe HalfLife 1

--

"Definition of a pro: a person who makes something complicated look simple"  

Oct 29 2011, 10:04pm Anchor

battlefield
socom
just about any star wars game
total war
C&C frist decade and TW3

Oct 30 2011, 7:26am Anchor

Half-Life 2: Episode 2.

Bought it today. Played it today.

No regrets :D

Reqieumthefallen
Reqieumthefallen Whreck-wee-um!. Remember that.
Oct 30 2011, 11:42am Anchor
EAFSAgamemnon wrote:battlefield
socom
just about any star wars game
total war
C&C frist decade and TW3


Really? Even Teras Kasi?

--

You know who's not got Facebook or Twitter? This guy.

Rank 119 -- only 118 more to go to reach the end bossfight...


Disclaimer -- the following below is NOT sarcasm:

Play Spec Ops: The Line. No, seriously, play it. NOW! It's probably still on sale on Amazon for crying out loud! I wish more games had balls like this game does, paired with some of the best writing, mechanics, and level design that's been seen this side of linear shooters.

Oct 30 2011, 1:56pm Anchor

Battlefield 3 :)!

Oct 31 2011, 9:33am Anchor

Gothic 2, enough said.

Nov 6 2011, 2:23pm Anchor

Witcher 
Planescape Torment
Fallout 1/2

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.