Forum Thread
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (Forums : Console Gaming : Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon) Locked
Thread Options
May 11 2013 Anchor

Anyone else play this yet? I. Could. Not. Stop. Laughing.

If this is the first time you've heard of it, lemme try to sum it up:

FC3: BD is basically what happens when mix Far Cry......and 1980's sci-fi nostalgia. It's cheesy, it's rude, it's crude, it's unapologetic......and it WORKS. If you're a fan of 80's sci-fi action flicks, you'll love this.

It's also stand-alone from FC3, so you can play even if you don't have it.

Did I mention that the guy who played the hero in the first Terminator voices the player-character?

EDIT: spelling

Edited by: TerranAmbassador

--

I snark, therefore, I am.

User Posted Image
The reason behind this banner will be revealed in due time....

May 11 2013 Anchor

And you get to use Robocop's pistol.

May 11 2013 Anchor

I've read that it isn't really good at all, only if you don't mind all kinds of misplaced 'humorous' moments. And I don't like how they use the FarCry name even though it has absolutely nothing to do with it, damn those evil marketeers! I would like to play the game to form my own opinion though, but only when I get it for a lower price. Here is hoping for a -75% in the Steam summmersale ;)

Edited by: SIGILL

May 11 2013 Anchor

It's 20 bucks on XBLA, and that seems to be the MOST expensive version. It's 15 on steam.

It's an amazing game. It's an FC game, you don't need to worry, it's just set in an affectionate parody of all the rated-m-for-manly,testoterone-poisoned, kick-ass-and-chew-bubblegum, cheesy-one-liner-per minute 80's sci-fi action flicks.

If you like those, you'll love this. If you don't, you won't.

--

User Posted Image

DragonNOR
DragonNOR Voice Actor
May 19 2013 Anchor

I was hoping this game would be funny, glad to read that it is x)

--

My VA Showreel:
Youtube.com

My VA Website:
Ssydtangen.wix.com

Nov 12 2013 Anchor

I hate 80's sci-fi. It's just so weird and, and, um...... cheesy, and I hate how it's so like pink and orange and purple.

But farcry is AWESOME. I don't know why they made this game though

--

Hey man

Nov 12 2013 Anchor

Why does any indie make a game? Because they want to. Because they want to make something they find fun. Why did the Far Cry team make this? The exact same reason. It was a chance to make the kind of game that would NEVER get greenlit if it was being made from scratch because it would be too much of a risk.

--

User Posted Image

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.