Forum Thread
by member
Far Cry 2 Level Editor Contest (Forums : Contests : Far Cry 2 Level Editor Contest) Locked
Thread Options 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
Jun 10 2010, 7:43pm Anchor

Sounds like you just had a WTFBOOM moment there :P

I won't put my email publically, I will send you a pm my friend.

As for your life, it should take priority over everything else.

Take it from me. If you need to rebel from everything that distracts you from making progress in your life, and you need to get rid of all that annoys and frustrates you, then do it. There is a time where you've gotta be selfish and focus on number 1 for a while.
Believe me, it helps ALOT!

And it's not like we wouldn't check this thread when someday you decide to randomly post here lol.

I wouldn't even bother with that AI either. They would most likely need to create a seperate executable to generate AI navigation, or if they could edit the editor, they could do that too.
Honestly i'm surprised they are even allowed to post the AI mod on the ubi forums, but I guess ubi don't really give a stuff.

Anyway, ill add you again, and send you a pm.

zahlenbechk
zahlenbechk Superhuman Mediocrity
Jun 10 2010, 8:33pm Anchor

Hey we should get a game together of something like enemy territory so we can all play. I haven't played MP stuff since the way back; you guys will probably whoop my ass. Come on who wants a shot at the title XD ?!

please please please please please

Edited by: zahlenbechk

HotNirvanaJudoTrend
HotNirvanaJudoTrend Northern Avid Judo Ant
Jun 11 2010, 12:55am Anchor

I'd love to get in a game with y'all again, but i dont have anything really.

Mostly Battlefield 2... and that game is just nothing more than a great concept with SHIT programming.

FC2 was IT till i trashed my last PC and lost the hard drives on it... havent even tried to reformat them cuz i am so desperate to keep what's on them that i will hold them till i can afford the 50 million bucks to restore them. lol some one of a kind art that i made... might never get back...... not stuff i want to lose at all.

All my original maps and works in progress... all my ORIGINAL original maps.... never uploaded to MDB... THOSE are more valuable to me than all the music and videos i lost combined.

Anyone play Toribash? :D FUCKING EPIC. Seriously. No other game lets you decap your opponent with your own disembodied.... um... anything... :D

Edited by: HotNirvanaJudoTrend

Jun 11 2010, 1:42am Anchor

lol good old toribash, I had such great but confusing times trying to play the early versions of that game. I might download the latest and see how it plays :)

zahlenbechk
Jun 11 2010, 2:26am Anchor

We could play a free mp fps like wolf:et, or postal MP or something. There are a few old mp games you can get for free via a relatively small download. Not to mention freeware crap like ass-cube (counterstrike clone type thing). Even a really meaty MP demo could suffice (old school when you get half a bloody game in a demo :P ).

also this toribash thing looks pretty wacky lol.

Jun 11 2010, 4:48am Anchor

WORMS MP! :P hahah

To be honest, I rarely play games online at all now days. And if I do, it's usually Red Orchestra, so I really can't be bothered playing anything mp until I get this project done, and even then, i'll probably be playing it in mp :P

HotNirvanaJudoTrend
Jun 11 2010, 1:21pm Anchor

Toribash is awesome, O. I've (finally) got a custom head texture in the game, and they've got an alpha build with ray tracing on *everything*. i can see myself in myself XD

My FAVORITE, absolutely most loved way to play, is to spr onthe overpass.tbm mod with -30 gravity and insane fracture and dismemberment thrsholds-making it a more lifelike replay ;) good stuff.

Only recently started learning to run XD

And as for online play, Zahl, you find a good free game and i'll try to check it out w/ ya i've got some free time to kill now. :P

--

I am Redundant Jovian Thor.
Misery loves company, so why aren't we all trying to be miserable and love each other?

zahlenbechk
Jun 11 2010, 2:36pm Anchor

Oats: Disappointed in you I am!!!! :P I kid; though you should totally pm me some insider updated on your project, and possibly let me participate in beta mp testing when its ready so I can whoop your ass in your own game. ;)

Judo: thats the spirit :D I'll pm you with some ideyeahs. (ide-ee-yeah) :P

Anyone else lurking around here: post if you want in.

Jun 11 2010, 7:51pm Anchor

Since this new project isn't as under the radar as my actual game project (which is being halted until I am able to create a good enough engine), I don't feel bad about letting testers in on the project.

So when it comes to mp testing, you can be certain that you will be contacted. I hadn't even thought much about the mp, or beta testers, but now that you have brought it up, all you guys will be able to participate in a beta test for mp.

You'll have to wait until I jump on steam for an insider update though :P

HotNirvanaJudoTrend
Jun 12 2010, 5:41pm Anchor

Went camping out near Detroit Lake in september, '08, and had been inspired to try to capture it for the game ever since.

Lazy.

By memory, and if memory serves, there are a ton of inaccuracies, but the general shape is essentially the same.

The camp site was down the gravel "ramp" and right beside the "driveway". could fit at least 5 camp parties in the area and roughly 13 avarage sized tents.

There werent nearly that many of us mind you :P Much more peaceful than the game will provid :P WE didnt have to deal with moltovs and snipers :P

Take a look and tell me what you think. Moddb.com

If anyone can host it, that'd be great, i just wish i didnt trash my last comp!! Fecking hind sight, right? :P LOL

Edited by: HotNirvanaJudoTrend

f0u
f0u
Jun 14 2010, 11:17pm Anchor

I seem to be able to host dedicated servers from now. If someone wanna try it with me we could play our maps again!

Otreum it works with a D-Link router with factory settings and a cable modem.

Jun 15 2010, 2:24am Anchor

Oh wow, far out, i'm using a DLink G604T rev2.0 what have you got?
Mine COULD work now since i've stuffed around with it but yeah I dunno.
I can host, but nobody can join without me enabling DMZ :(

I think I will get Far Cry 2 installed again, and help you test out my friend, I'll talk to you on steam :)

HotNirvanaJudoTrend
Jun 15 2010, 1:29pm Anchor

T_T i wish i hadnt trashed my hard drive.... now i have to spend another $20 to play FC2 online...

Worth it?

EEEEHHHHHHHHHhhhh..... no.

But hey, feel free to give C&C on those maps i submitted... maybe, just maybe, i can squeeze some worth out of the game yet :P then again, maybe not ;)

--

I am Redundant Jovian Thor.
Misery loves company, so why aren't we all trying to be miserable and love each other?

Jun 15 2010, 7:10pm Anchor

BTW guys, R6_eagle has got the D-Day server up and running again, and he may even run our random maps on a different server from time to time :)

But yeah Judo, if you really want to, spend the $20, it's the perfect time for it. You can at least get some fun out of playing online with us :)

I also believe FOU has worked out how to create a server, and I think Zahl was helping him test, so FOU may also create a server for the random maps :)

Now I need one more smiley on the end of a line, so :)

f0u
f0u
Jun 15 2010, 7:31pm Anchor

I played with Zahl for a couple of minutes in a dedicated server I hosted and it worked just fine! We must play soon!

zahlenbechk
Jun 15 2010, 7:40pm Anchor

Hey fou I tweaked my settings down to mush and did a half arsed 45 min long "stress test" and everything was in the green so I thing it might be safe for me to jump back on. IM me on steam when you get a server back up and running. I apologize in advance if my pc craps out yet again.

(my gpu is dying slowly hence the crashing fyi anyone trying to interpret this post lol)

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.