Forum Thread
by member
Far Cry 2 Level Editor Contest (Forums : Contests : Far Cry 2 Level Editor Contest) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 60
Dec 18 2008, 11:40am Anchor

Lots of interesting ideas so far. I really like f0u's pointed landscape. The Vertigo map looks interesting too! I can't wait to see the final entries :)

--

Toblerone
Toblerone Mod Level Designer
Dec 18 2008, 12:05pm Anchor

Ok people, so here's some WIPs of my, very much still WIP, levels ;)

So this I going under 'nostalgia' I rekon, only rough at the mo, and difficult to get it playing anything like it should when the cars explode if there is a jump a few inches high! Also I really want tha ability to add music to the map!!.. attach a looping midi file.. anything! its just so much better with the music! :D

I just thought it had to be done ^^ it should be obvious, even at this stage, what it is.

enough rambling here's the early WIP

FARCRY2 KART - Koopa Troopa Beach WIP from Toby Everett on Vimeo.

Im also working on something else.. im not certain the direction its taking yet but here's a teaser pic

Some other stuff is in concept so i'll update when i have more.

Comments, crits, suggestions welcome :)

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
Dec 18 2008, 12:20pm Anchor
Toblerone wrote:Ok people, so here's some WIPs of my, very much still WIP, levels ;)

So this I going under 'nostalgia' I rekon, only rough at the mo, and difficult to get it playing anything like it should when the cars explode if there is a jump a few inches high! Also I really want tha ability to add music to the map!!.. attach a looping midi file.. anything! its just so much better with the music! :D

I just thought it had to be done ^^ it should be obvious, even at this stage, what it is.

enough rambling here's the early WIP

FARCRY2 KART - Koopa Troopa Beach WIP from Toby Everett on Vimeo.

Im also working on something else.. im not certain the direction its taking yet but here's a teaser pic

Some other stuff is in concept so i'll update when i have more.

Comments, crits, suggestions welcome :)

AHAHAH fucking awesome need more of this :D

--

f0u
f0u
Dec 18 2008, 8:49pm Anchor

I had nothing better to do today so I finished my third map called "Magic Kingdom". It's awaiting Authorisation now so here is the main screenshot:

I'm still looking for the "What The..!? Award" with this map and I don't think you ever seen something like this in Far Cry...

Dec 18 2008, 11:55pm Anchor

mmmm nom nom nom, looks like moss flavoured floating icecreams :D

Moleman2009
Moleman2009 Mod Manager
Dec 19 2008, 1:27am Anchor

alright i guess its my turn to get in on some farcry fun. So ive been thinking for some time and have had no idea what to do or what catagory to enter in, so i began to play an old game that i have called project nomads, essntially your a palyer that controll a flying island and islands fight eachother, so of coarse why not a flying island map, so heres my current WIP that i think im gonna call nomads and i think im gonna go for the Nostalgia Award with this one, otherwise i might go for the "what the...!? award. Please note this is only one island so far

Well i guess im done with this one, wasnt what i thought it would turn out to be but eh oh well on to the next one.

Edited by: Moleman2009

Dec 19 2008, 1:39am Anchor

Question: How do we get the old Noclip, I wanna take good shots for screens etc. That and also getting rid of the hud.

Edited by: Grimezy15

Moleman2009
Moleman2009 Mod Manager
Dec 19 2008, 1:40am Anchor

theres a good program that you can use called fraps and it takes screen shots quite nicely, thats what im using for my screen shots, it can even take screen shots and video feed from 3d modelers and the farcry 2 editor

Dec 19 2008, 1:57am Anchor

Now i'm kinda glad I didn't do a sky island style map (like of Sonic on the dreamcast)... I have a feeling there is going to be a bunch more.

Anyway, here is a new map i'm working on for the WHAT THE!? category....well, not really a map as such, but I could make it a map. Anyway, it's called Ultratank (I know, really original name huh :P)
(aerial view of the tank so far)
User Posted Image
(Ground view looking up at the tank to give you a sense of scale)
User Posted Image

Dec 19 2008, 2:05am Anchor
Moleman2009 wrote:theres a good program that you can use called fraps and it takes screen shots quite nicely, thats what im using for my screen shots, it can even take screen shots and video feed from 3d modelers and the farcry 2 editor

Yeah I didn't mean that, but thanks anyway.

I meant I just want to get different shots around the maps, birdseye, rather than take the shot in the editor with all the little icons etc. Unless there's a way to get rid of the icons temporarily.

Moleman2009
Moleman2009 Mod Manager
Dec 19 2008, 3:38am Anchor

alright heres something new im workin on...um dont quite know what it is but tips on it would do nicely, im thinking of a hide and seek sort of setup, with tons of places to snipe and hide

UPDATE: this is the update image of the map so far, im thinking of covering the walls in rock and plants making a sort of upside down map, where it gives the ilusion of walking on walls and such

so far the only playable area will be inside the concrete and once completed there will be a roof on this bad boy

UPDATE: SO ive been workin all night and ive gotten the roof and most of the scenery stuff taken care of, all there is to do is the lighting and the details so heres an updated pic from the inside *yes i know the detail is horrible, i have an 8400 running this*

Dec 19 2008, 5:29am Anchor

My second map entry. This time for the What The?! award.

Mountain Hideout:
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Basically just a fun map, you start down the bottom on a barge with 4, 4x4's on it and drive up the first mountain/cliff pillar thingo (whatever you call them), get off, go across the first bridge, 2nd and 3rd. Until you reach the Hideout, and just have fun up there. There's 2 Paragliders up there so you can fly and enjoy the scenery.

As for TDM, UFLL start on the Airfield, and APR begin at the barge.

Dec 19 2008, 7:02am Anchor

Here's an update on one of my current maps

User Posted Image

Although I need your help...should I make it Night or Day?

User Posted Image

Dec 19 2008, 7:11am Anchor

I'd personally go with afternoon. But between Day and Night, I'd say night. Just make sure the lighting isn't to repetetive.

Btw, what award are you actually aiming for with the map?

Dec 19 2008, 8:45am Anchor

Staminix night looks bit different from the rest of the maps so I'd choose that :)

--

f0u
f0u
Dec 19 2008, 8:48am Anchor

Hey I already did that floating island idea....

Dec 19 2008, 9:01am Anchor

I have no idea Grimezy15.

And thanks Bunnyjen aswell as Grimezy15.

The map needs soo much more work! :P

Dec 19 2008, 11:28am Anchor

Heres my WIP I did release it on far cry 2 already but I just wanted to play with a friend at that time and he gave me 40 minutes so u hurryed!Also I dont know how to embed soe just go here!http://www.moddb.com/members/megaqgzqgz/videos/the-trashyard-v1#imagebox

Dec 19 2008, 11:49am Anchor
f0u wrote:Hey I already did that floating island idea....

I doubt he has copied you in 4 hours. Or maybe he could have if the editor is as easy as everyone is making out. Either way I wouldn't worry about it, people are bound to have similar ideas and everyone likes floating islands ;)

--

Moleman2009
Moleman2009 Mod Manager
Dec 19 2008, 12:26pm Anchor

indeed people do like floating islands but i wouldnt worry i completly forgot to save XP so it wont be showing up

Dec 19 2008, 1:08pm Anchor

Ok then
Another little update. I made the map in the day so you can see it better, but I will have it in the nighttime/evening. I've run out of ideas. Any suggestions on what more I could add? Pretty desperate here...:S

User Posted Image

Moleman2009
Moleman2009 Mod Manager
Dec 19 2008, 2:04pm Anchor

hmmm in the upper right corner put the city dump or somthing, somthing to offset the seeming shiney ness

Dec 19 2008, 2:11pm Anchor

I would like some feedback on my map! Thanks ahead for any one who does!

Dec 19 2008, 2:56pm Anchor
megaqgzqgz wrote:I would like some feedback on my map! Thanks ahead for any one who does!

So, i'll honestly answer you that your map has surrely a great gameplay, and it would be possible to be fun to play with.
But, it has any original idea or theme who gives some personnality to your map, she's flat and everyone can do a map like that. You must keep it up if you want to win because some people here made cities, tunnels, robots and more to deserve our attention.
Who am i to give you some advices? i could'nt pretend to be better than another one, but i'm sure that we have to MAKE SOMETHING SPECIAL.
Sorry for that, try harder.

Edited by: neurosol

Dec 19 2008, 3:35pm Anchor

City Dump...hmm..very good idea. There are some nice models for that! Many thanks Moleman!

Righttooo...Done the City Dump idea:

User Posted Image

Now, what should I put in the left corner? My mind is blank. :dead:

User Posted Image

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.