Forum Thread
by member
Divinity 2 Concept Art Contest WIPs (Forums : Contests : Divinity 2 Concept Art Contest WIPs) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5
Jan 31 2010, 12:08pm Anchor

Hey everyone, its nice to see all those beautiful sketches.
Here's my first sketch, hope to finish it in time. I'm still slow with my skills...

Edited by: shpigo

cfel
cfel Concept Artist
Jan 31 2010, 12:09pm Anchor

im sorta happy with this layout, obviously its gonna be spiced up with detail and bits and bobs to make him more uber... but i'll leave that one day before submission to give myself more pressure;)

User Posted Image

Jan 31 2010, 12:11pm Anchor

BTW, it is unintentionally scaled in width (supposed to be wider).
Does anyone know why? The image file is fine.

INtense!
INtense! End Boss
Feb 1 2010, 1:09am Anchor
shpigo wrote:BTW, it is unintentionally scaled in width (supposed to be wider).
Does anyone know why? The image file is fine.

the forums automatically do that so the page doesn't go wider.

--

Scott Reismanis
DBolical | @scottreismanis

Feb 1 2010, 9:43pm Anchor

Still pushing, will be coloring these few days. Shrunk the rider to emphasize the size of the mount a bit more.

Mozhat: Looks good, your stuff has a nice "anime" feel for it, must be that kick ass soundtrack juicing you up.

Artozi: One suggestion to make your scene a bit more dramatic is to tilt it at a slight angle.

Ycake: I like the second one better, the atmosphere is more open.

Wrowland: very nice rendering, the only thing I can say critique wise is that he doesn't seem that much of a bad guy. Evil him up more!

Soundpath: I like the scene portrayed, filled with emotions. Try to work more on showing off the design of the demon/monster that you will be working up on, because from what I see the monster you have there looks pretty vicious.

Cfel: I like this second one much much better. much more badass.

Feb 2 2010, 7:59am Anchor
http: // community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/rorkes_portfolio/images/275620/original.aspx
http: // community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/rorkes_portfolio/images/275619/original.aspx
just take the spaces out from the middle of the http: // and community

I have been working on my entry for the last week or so but I am a
new member and they are telling me I cant include urls in my post until
7 days after I am registered, but if I do that the contest will be over
so would a mod be able to help me out as I would like to include my
WIPS in the Divinity 2 ConceptArt thread. Or could maybe another member help and post my wips? Or could you direct me to the right mod to talk too? As there are only 2 more days I don't want to be disqualified cause of something so .... well just silly really

Thanks,

Rorke
rorart @hotmail. com they wont even let me include my email as its url form.... PLEASE HELP I AM FREAKING OUT.

I have also tried uploading to this site and they wont even let me use the embeded code to the images I have put in my gallery on this site. WHAT THE HELL !

Feb 2 2010, 9:30am Anchor

rorke, are these your wips?
Lord of Chaos Wips
Lord Of Chaos

they look good

Feb 2 2010, 10:14am Anchor

YAY! THANK YOU so much for posting them... I was freaking out about wether I would be able to get them up. Thank you soosososososo much. And yeah those are my wips so far for this contest. Do you think it still counts if someone else puts them up? I hope it does.

Feb 2 2010, 11:41am Anchor

more WIP

Feb 2 2010, 11:58am Anchor

Eze - your cerberus dragon looks sweet :D hahaha i like the rider too, all compact like
Rorke those look cool :)
Shpigo u got some pro stuff :P
As for me, I'm kinda lost with making up a nice scene...but heres a WIP

User Posted Image

Edited by: Mohzart

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Feb 2 2010, 4:43pm Anchor

I'll have to see, the quality of my image is not very good, but this is what I got so far.

User Posted Image

Which one do you prefer?

Edited by: SinKing

Feb 2 2010, 6:31pm Anchor

I hope I'm not jumping out of my league with some criticism for you guys, But still:
SinKing - The BG color needs to be in harmony with the rest of your palette. Everything is very hot (reds and yellows) while the back is very deep blue. It could be a possibility to do so, but then you need that blue on your characters as well.

Mohzart - How the hell do you produce these sketches so quickly?? You website also looks very good. Which school did you graduate?

Feb 2 2010, 6:52pm Anchor

Some amazing works here - keep it up guys! I had no idea moddb had such talent :)

I meant to join this a couple of weeks ago, doodled something up but forgot about the whole thing during these past few hectic days - I'll be sure to submit something to this before the time is up!

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Feb 2 2010, 6:53pm Anchor

Yeah, I'm outta my league here, just learning. So I dig such criticism as yours. We are supposed to show WIP though and that's as far as I got. I dunno, if I can refine this "piece" any more, but it was fun designing and I learned some more about painting, by practicing on this image. Hopefully that will show in future paintings.

Edited by: SinKing

Feb 2 2010, 7:52pm Anchor

Characters are something I havent done in a little while.. at least now i've got a reason to draw some

Feb 2 2010, 9:49pm Anchor

shpigo - I just scribble until i find something good ;) sort of haha

Ok! more WIPs... I am totally lost n i hate all of these!

User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Feb 2 2010, 10:27pm Anchor

Hello guys, I would like to show you my freshest stage of work. There is still lot of refining left. I hope I can get it on time!:) I am going for a scene where demon lord is commanding his creatures to attack.

Nice sketches Mohzart! Each of them has a lot of potential! You are doing them so quickly with so much ease!

Best,
Mateusz

Feb 3 2010, 3:54am Anchor

Ok well sent mine in today, fingers crossed that the wip thing all works out. Good luck everyone there is some real talent in this competition and I can't wait to see some of these pieces finished.

w w w. moddb.com/members/rorke/images/contest-divinity-2-lord-of-chaos

Feb 3 2010, 5:15am Anchor

Approx. 6h mark - I'll take a nap and work for the rest of the time under the deadline and try not to make this too easy for you guys!

No princess mokonokos for me tho! more like dream theater and sonata.. just kidding :)

Feb 3 2010, 5:20am Anchor

Artozi Thats looking good man! got a good arty style going on in there i like it! keep going. And im playing aroudn with past WIPs n putting them together and friggin scubblin here n there n im pullin out my hair.
lmao! Dream Theater is good my friend! :D Good choice! And badass concept :)

Feb 3 2010, 8:21am Anchor

rorke, goodwork!

sixton, reminds me of 40k, /drools

Feb 3 2010, 10:23am Anchor

Thanks moh and revengous! Think i'll need a break and then some more coffee. It'll take a few more hours to finish this up.

Edited by: Sixton

Feb 3 2010, 12:35pm Anchor

Wow everyone is working hard, good job to all.
The timer says about 1day 10hrs till deadline. Hopefully I can find time to finish rendering.

Feb 3 2010, 6:40pm Anchor

some seriously intimidating pieces here. after several attempts at creating a scene i gave that up and decided to go with what i do better. so heres a quick wip i just started.
sinking, if your interested in learning lightning fast, check out conceptart.org critique center forum, youll get some serious input from some very talented atrists. its basically how i learned besides trial and error >.>

--

Tamed with confidence of a brighter future.

Feb 3 2010, 7:12pm Anchor

You are doing a great job guys! :thumbup: looks very pro :)

view image for original size :)

Edited by: goozo

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.