Forum Thread
"Did not get any data from mcf server. [18.0]" (Forums : Support : "Did not get any data from mcf server. [18.0]") Locked
Thread Options
Aug 17 2012 Anchor

(This is a repost of this thread. Wow, having an official desura group with its own forums as well as official desura forums is confusing. wtf guys.)

I get the following errors in the console whenever I try to install a game:

Console wrote: 15:42 Failed to download MCF Header from Us6.dl.indiedb.com:62003: Did not get any data from mcf server. [18.0]
15:42 Failed to download MCF Header from Us4.dl.indiedb.com:62003: Did not get any data from mcf server. [18.0]
15:42 Failed to download MCF Header from Us5.dl.indiedb.com:62003: Did not get any data from mcf server. [18.0]
15:42 Error in MCF validate: Did not get any data from mcf server. [18.0]
15:42 There was an error during the validation process and it has been stopped.: Did not get any data from mcf server. [18.0]

I'm behind an http proxy, but I went through several iterations with the sysadmins to open ports and set the correct rules for all connections that were blocking. Regarding the specific error above, I can even connect to Us6.dl.indiedb.com:62003 in my browser (which prompts me with a username and password).

Besides installing games every other feature in the client seems to work.

I'd appreciate some help from you desura devs, as I think I've done everything I can on my end.

Edit: To help diagnose the problem, here's a complete capture I did with wireshark of the whole TCP conversation between Desura client, proxy and Desura servers.

Greg
Greg Network Engineer
Aug 17 2012 Anchor

Please test the client again now.

Should be fixed.

--

Greg
DBolical Network Engineer

Aug 17 2012 Anchor

I re-tested as you asked, unfortunately I still get the exact same problem.

if there's any other test I can perform to confirm whether the problem is on your end or my end, just let me know.

Sep 12 2012 Anchor

Me the same, waiting for solution ... :-)

Greg
Greg Network Engineer
Sep 12 2012 Anchor

Are you both behind a proxy?

--

Greg
DBolical Network Engineer

Sep 14 2012 Anchor

I'm behind a Squid (Squid-cache.org) proxy of which I'm not the administrator.

Steam and over 30 online/MP games work fine.

Sep 14 2012 Anchor

I'm also having the same issue trying to get Eryi's to install and run.
The only other game I tried was Gateways but that crashed for a different reason.

Oct 4 2012 Anchor

same here, ubuntu 12.04

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.