Forum Thread
//Development// Team (2-4 people) (Forums : Recruiting & Resumes : //Development// Team (2-4 people)) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 15 2011 Anchor

Hi,

First of all, let me introduce myself: I am a student in a mathematics/physics oriented school, at my 12th grade. I love computer games, but what i love the most is the feeling of creating something.
I have some basic knowledge of C++, and knowledge of certain editors ( named the Unreal Editor 3 [,which is the one for UT2K4], and the Red Faction Level Editor, which is the editor obviously for the game Red Faction.)
Basicly, what I am searching for is not a team that will be focusing massively on the actual schedule of a mods development, rather a team, a bunch of people with who i can have fun with WHILE creating a mod.
I haven't chosen a modding platform as yet, i have some thoughts although... I want to discuss these further with my team.
I have a basic concept of what i would like to create, and see on the screen, but that's not in the near future..

(Don't let yourself misslead with the C++, it's basic, i'm mainly a level creator...)

So anyone interested please message me either at this site, or add my xfire adress written down below.

Regards, sotdumm

Xfire: sotdumm

Edited by: sotdumm

Joe_Shmoe
Joe_Shmoe working on something =P
Aug 15 2011 Anchor

Just to point out, off the top of my head, I think Unreal Editor 3 isn't the editor for UT2004, its for UT3, UT2004 runs on Unreal engine 2.5, so I guess it uses UnrelEd2.5... I may be wrong though.

--

User Posted Image

"Mapping is like a book, a map should tell a story without the need to explain anything to the player, instead it should immerse the player into a virtual world and let their imagination do the rest"

lad
lad
Aug 15 2011 Anchor

Hello,
I'm working on a game called Revolution!https://www.moddb.com/games/na15303
Im searching for a person like you
Contact me if you're interested to work freely thanks
Cheers

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Aug 15 2011 Anchor

UnrealEd 3 was for UT2004. UnrealEd 4 was for UT3.

Joe_Shmoe
Aug 15 2011 Anchor

Hmmm think I get it, Unreal Engine 2.5 had a new Ed, so then that would make Unreal 3.5 (UDK I believe) UnrealEd 5?

Gibberstein
Gibberstein Generic Coder Type Thing
Aug 15 2011 Anchor

The editor and engine are upgraded in parallel now, so if it had any updated version number it would be 4.5 (although I've never seen that used officially). It's only the original Unreal/UT engine where there were two Editor versions. The difference between then and now is that Epic rebuilt the whole editor from scratch (if I remember right, UEd1 was written in Visual Basic, UEd2 was written in C++), but maintained compatibility between them. You could use either with UT, thus two Editor version numbers.

--

"lets say Portal is a puzzle game, so its a rehash of Tetris"
- Wraiyth points out the craziness of stereotyping games by their genre

Aug 15 2011 Anchor

Joe_Shmoe: i just love how people like you, who has no serious intention to reply to the actual topic of the thread. But ye, you tried it.

lad: i think i accept straight away your invitation :) I will contact you as soon as possible.

Edited by: sotdumm

Joe_Shmoe
Aug 15 2011 Anchor

sotdumm wrote: Joe_Shmoe: i just love how people like you, who has no serious intention to reply to the actual topic of the thread. But ye, you tried it.

Who says I have no serious intention? I'm actually looking for a mod project to join to get some experience... currently the mapping I do is purely just for myself, and so with no actual goal or deadline, it ends up not getting completed, while I then jump to something else to try out something new playing around with materials and emitters and kismet. But its all starting to feel like a waste of time without any goal... So yeah, and thats also why I'm trying to find my around modeling for my own props... meh, I am interested, but since my cap is up and the connection choked, I'm battling to open up your profile to drop you a message... Might just do that when I go buy more cap tomorrow :)

Aug 15 2011 Anchor

Okey, sorry, i have lost my self-control. I'm usually not a flaming person... I have tried modelling tools also by the way... Actually 2 programs.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.