Forum Thread
customizing for half life 1 (Forums : Support : customizing for half life 1) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 31 2014 Anchor

Somewhere down the line I would like to mod half life 1 to my liking but can anyone give me any suggestions on what programs I would need to do that. I would also like to know what programming skills I would need. And lastly would I need any 3d modeling software?

Sep 16 2014 Anchor

If you wanna do a mod for half life 1 you're gonna need surely valve hammer editor (that's for creating the maps of the mod, and you will need to learn how to use it, just search on youtube, "valve hammer editor tutorial" you can find in youtube how to create breakable things like glass or wood things, or rotating doors, how to do a elevator, and things like that, with practice you will learn how to be a good mapper) okay that's for maps, now if you wanna create your own models for your mod, you can use MilkShape 3d, it's not hard to learn to use it, but you could ask somebody of gamebanana if he gives you his permission to use his skin or model in your mod (in the skins section of hl) if you do that, you will have the models for your mod fastly, for the sounds of your mod you can use the sounds that are in half life 1, if you wanna create some diferent sounds for your mod i also have a tutorial for that in my account here in moddb, even tutorials for modelling, this takes time, a mod it's something not easy to do but everybody can do it, but with practice because it's the only way to have a good result, you can make your own story for your mod, i mean for the single player campain, do your best, good luck! :D

if you need a tutorial tell me and i 'll try to help you with information

Sep 24 2014 Anchor

Thanks a lot man!

Sep 24 2014 Anchor

you're welcome!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.