Forum Thread
by member
  Posts  
Cinema 4D (3d Modeling) now free for Students! (Forums : 3D Modeling & Animating : Cinema 4D (3d Modeling) now free for Students!) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 13 2012, 1:45pm Anchor

Maxon wrote today that you can now get Cinema 4D as Student for free.

Cinema 4D is a professional modeling program, and it usually costs around 3000 US Dollar.
It is not used nearly as much as 3DS Max or Maja, because it is a little newer, and wasnt that developed initially, until version 11-12.
They just released version 13 and I myself really like it. The interface is a lot more intuitive and a lot less ugly than 3Ds, and it seems quite powerful. It also has bodypaint integrated, so you can texture in the program aswell.

Maxon.net

There is also more documentation as for Blender if im right, so It can be a nice alternative for the ones seeking a free modeling program.

Edited by: ShrikeGFX

Jun 18 2012, 7:22pm Anchor

thanks a lot but you can get 3ds max or maja free as a student also

Jun 25 2012, 6:46pm Anchor

Additionally, I believe you need to contact a teacher when signing up. Opposed to Autodesk which practically hands out the keys and download.

Jun 28 2012, 4:51pm Anchor

Lol, finally! It's a little late, though.... Isn't it? xD

Arcones
Arcones I don't even know...
Jun 28 2012, 7:02pm Anchor
Merk1b2 wrote:Additionally, I believe you need to contact a teacher when signing up. Opposed to Autodesk which practically hands out the keys and download.

True. And they say you can't use it for commercial use, only for non-commercial. Which I have no problem with :P

Jun 29 2012, 6:30am Anchor
Arcones wrote:
Merk1b2 wrote:Additionally, I believe you need to contact a teacher when signing up. Opposed to Autodesk which practically hands out the keys and download.

True. And they say you can't use it for commercial use, only for non-commercial. Which I have no problem with :P


autodesk also cannot be used commercially the student version

Arcones
Arcones I don't even know...
Jun 29 2012, 9:32am Anchor
atsebak wrote:
Arcones wrote:
Merk1b2 wrote:Additionally, I believe you need to contact a teacher when signing up. Opposed to Autodesk which practically hands out the keys and download.

True. And they say you can't use it for commercial use, only for non-commercial. Which I have no problem with :P


autodesk also cannot be used commercially the student version


That's what I said. The subject of those comments are about the student version of Autodesk.

Jun 29 2012, 10:06am Anchor
Arcones wrote:
atsebak wrote:
Arcones wrote:
Merk1b2 wrote:Additionally, I believe you need to contact a teacher when signing up. Opposed to Autodesk which practically hands out the keys and download.

True. And they say you can't use it for commercial use, only for non-commercial. Which I have no problem with :P


autodesk also cannot be used commercially the student version


That's what I said. The subject of those comments are about the student version of Autodesk.


oh i thought you were referring to cinema4d

Aug 6 2012, 11:46pm Anchor

cool cuse im poor
and im technicaly a student [13]

Aug 7 2012, 4:29pm Anchor

Cinema 4d is getting sculpting features in the next update it seems

Aug 8 2012, 9:55am Anchor

There are also alot of free 3D modelling tools that are pretty good too.

Like
Anim8or (Tiny little guy)
Gmax (free for ages)
Sculptris (free and nice)

There are more so I'll just list my page with the rest of them.(All FREE!)
(Game Creation Tools)
Freegameslist.weebly.com

Hope you like it ;)

Edited by: TenaciousXL

Aug 8 2012, 3:51pm Anchor

I dont think that its worth using your time learning any free modeling tool exept Blender. No professionals use them really and you need to relearn another program again.

Dec 23 2012, 1:14pm Anchor

@ShrikeGFX I don't completely agree. Sculptris is pretty powerful, professional and free.

Cryrid
Cryrid 3D Artist
Dec 23 2012, 1:33pm Anchor

I don't know how often sculptris is used professionally, but on the plus side it is such a basic and straight-forward vertex pusher that it requires no time to learn; no time wasted.

Dec 23 2012, 6:54pm Anchor

You have like no options at all in sculptis and If i remember right you can not optimize your work or export it properly and do all the stuff areal game mesh needs to have, but im not 100% sure. Its like a heavily cut Z-Brush demo.

Cryrid
Cryrid 3D Artist
Dec 23 2012, 7:20pm Anchor

(It can export obj files, so if you have access to another program, then you can retopologize whatever it creates. It's no where near the league of zbrush, but if you just want to sculpt and doodle then it works well for that).

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.