Themes
Forum Thread
by member
BIG Festival (15,000 USD Grand Prize) (Forums : Contests : BIG Festival (15,000 USD Grand Prize)) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 1 2012, 1:42pm Anchor

Greetings everyone,

I'm here to tell you about BIG Festival's indie game competition.
We're hosting the first independent games festival in Brazil and offering tons of prizes!

To submit your game, all you have to do is create an account on our website and fill your game's submission
form!
This process is completely free and should take no longer than 5-10 minutes.

Feel free to read our Rules - the competition is pretty much open to any indie game developed within the
last two years, the biggest limitation being that your game MUST be content-complete to compete.

The competition is open to games developed for any electronic platform and from anywhere in the world.
We've recently pushed our submission deadline back to September 16 and I've taken it personally to make
sure that we have tons and tons of awesome indie games competing!

Our main prize consists of 15,000 USD for the best game, but we're also offering many more, smaller prizes:

• Best Game (Trophy and approx. 15,000 USD)
  • Best Art (Trophy and approx. 1,000 USD)
  • Best Sound(Trophy and approx. 1,000 USD)
  • Best Narrative(Trophy and approx. 1,000 USD)
  • Best Gameplay(Trophy and approx. 1,000 USD)
  • Brazilian Breakthrough*(Trophy and approx. 3,500 USD)
  • Best Online Game, available on the BIG Site** (Trophy and approx. 2,500 USD)
  • Audience Award(Best Game By Popular Vote) (Trophy)
  • Best Game On Dev Island*** (Trophy and approx. 3,000 USD) 

*The Brazilian Breakthrough trophy and award are reserved to Brazilian independent developers.
**To compete for Best Online Game, you must allow your game to be made available on BIG's website,
otherwise it will not be possible for the general public to vote for it. Only games that run on a web platform
can compete for this prize.

**Dev Island is a local 24 hour game jam based around making the best games with the fewest resources.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at info@bigfestival.com.br or @BIG_Festival on Twitter.
We also have a Facebook page and the news posted on our Homepage are made through BIG's Tumblr.

I've read the Terms of Use and haven't found anything against posting about this competition as is;
I apologize for the lack of experience on my account (I usually only lurk around reading the news, and 
most of the time not even logged in).

If this post has been, by any means, offensive or inadequate - please contact me through the supplied
address and I will rectify whatever is wrong with it as soon as possible.

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.