Forum Thread
BF1942 SDK (Forums : Coding & Scripting : BF1942 SDK) Locked
Thread Options
May 10 2003 Anchor

Some of my friends are wanting to make a mod for BF1942. Not sure where to get the SDK or really how to start with coding... We know C++, just not too advanced yet, and need to know how to get the SDK or something else to help us start with coding. If BF1942 ends up being too much/hard or we can't use it for some reason, then we're thinking of switching to HL2. But any help on this for BF1942 would be great because it has everything we really need (air combat mixed with ground combat that is stable and well put together, plus the overall speed and some other parts in BF1942 are perfect for our mod). Plus wouldn't be to sure how to make air combat work well with ground combat too in HL2 or HL for that matter... Thanx for any help!

--

"Yup,
My great advise saved the day." - Cid - FF7

May 10 2003 Anchor

Look up EA's main office and give them a phone call and ask for a SDK for BF1942, they should transfer you over to someone who can help you.

This is what I did for the unreal sdk anyway, it should be the same.

I found this at their main ea.com website. in corporate info link on the very bottom.

EA Headquarters
209 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City, CA 94065
650-628-1500

I'd call them about it first.

May 11 2003 Anchor

Thanx, I've tried emailing them, but its been about 3 months so maybe I'll try calling or sending a letter... maybe both... Thanx again though!

--

"Yup,

May 11 2003 Anchor

Call, that way you know you're talking to them, and doing it in person will get you much better results.

May 11 2003 Anchor

True, and that way they can't really ignore me... They can hang up on me though. I hate that...

--

"Yup,

May 13 2003 Anchor

You be sure to sing out if you get that SDK.

--

Give me ambiguity or give me... something else.

Dominant Species scope.creep User Posted Image

PsychoFarmer
PsychoFarmer modDB King
May 13 2003 Anchor

and give it to someone who can host it...

--

User Posted Image

May 17 2003 Anchor

I will if I am able to get it out of them, but I also heard a rumor about ea releasing a modding thing called battlecraft or something like that... Can anyone confim this?

--

"Yup,

May 17 2003 Anchor

(...ok, this is the second time today it's double posted on me... anyone know whats going on?)

- Edited By cidman On Sat 17th, May 2003 @ 1:32:36pm

--

"Yup,

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.