Forum Thread
by member
Battlefield 4 (Forums : PC Gaming : Battlefield 4) Locked
Thread Options
V_Flashbang
V_Flashbang Everlasting Gobstopper
Apr 5 2013, 1:59pm Anchor

Looks pretty impressive..would be cool to see one of those melee fights like in bf3 but its alright! 

Apr 5 2013, 2:46pm Anchor

I was hoping for something a little less "modern" in setting, but that actually looks all kinds of interesting. Why are we fighting the Russians? How are the Chinese involved? What sort of state is the U.S. in that a run-down abandoned factory reminded that guy of home?

Beyond that, that just looked amazing graphically (I just wish there had been more color like the beginning of the video (but that that moment was that bright and colorful says a lot)) and I saw a lot of stuff that would have been relegated to cutscenes or scripted events in 3. It better be for the 360/720/whatever.

--

I snark, therefore, I am.

User Posted Image
The reason behind this banner will be revealed in due time....

fustrun
fustrun Composer
Apr 6 2013, 8:52am Anchor

I think it's Black ops, their not in the US.
Even the guy that appears with the car speaks with an accent.

--

Facebook: Facebook.com
Twitter: Twitter.com
Youtube: Youtube.com

Apr 6 2013, 11:35am Anchor
fustrun wrote:I think it's Black ops, their not in the US.
Even the guy that appears with the car speaks with an accent.

I know they're not in the US. The thing is, that run-down abandoned factory reminded Irish of home, a lot apparently. As these are American soldiers, we can assume that he's talking about some place within the borders of the United States. What sort of sorry state is the country in if that is what reminds him of home? Not playground, or a house, or a neighborhood, or even a part of the distant skyline. No. It's a ruin.

--

User Posted Image

Apr 13 2013, 4:02pm Anchor

Cant wait for it :D add me who will play it !

Apr 16 2013, 6:56am Anchor

It's unbelievable! Hardly has BF3 been released, and they're teasing a sequel!

Apr 16 2013, 12:54pm Anchor

Hardly been released? It's been 2 years since 3 was released. That's an eternity in this industry.

--

User Posted Image

May 1 2013, 6:10am Anchor

I was kind of hoping they'd go back to the futuristic world of 2142. Ah well, no giant airships for me!

May 1 2013, 6:52am Anchor

Here's to hoping the next Battlefield can be modded. Otherwise no sale from me. I preordered BF3 and it was disappointing, learned a lesson there.

--

All posts are phase shifted and routed through the main deflector dish for quality assurance purposes.

Metalspy
Metalspy Basher of Drums
May 1 2013, 12:48pm Anchor

I honestly don't like it, although I can't really tell why. I think I'm just getting too old for all the action-packed, pseudo-realistic modern era shooters without any real depth to it. I do like the graphics shown in the video though.

The strange thing is that I still love BF2 and BF2142 and those didn't have a lot more depth than the new games do. Maybe it also has something to do with them feeling less 'consoley' or something, I don't know.

TKAzA
TKAzA Rightio then...
May 2 2013, 7:36pm Anchor
Metalspy wrote:I honestly don't like it, although I can't really tell why. I think I'm just getting too old for all the action-packed, pseudo-realistic modern era shooters without any real depth to it. I do like the graphics shown in the video though.

The strange thing is that I still love BF2 and BF2142 and those didn't have a lot more depth than the new games do. Maybe it also has something to do with them feeling less 'consoley' or something, I don't know.

1942 forever! these new ones are just a pre order moneygrabbing joke although if the multiplayer is decent, ill dig it.

--

TKAzA
DBolical Community Manager
Get Noticed Get Headlined

Copyright, IndieDB, SlideDB or ModDB issues PM me.
www.moddb.com www.indiedb.com www.slidedb.com
Do you like 3D Art? We do too!

V_Flashbang
May 4 2013, 2:31am Anchor

Bad Company 2 is amazing though man! (technically its the 2nd newest not counting the Battlefield 4 leaked footage) 
Battlefield 3 was awesome at first....then shit went down the drain with some of the guns and stuff lol.

--

the grass is always greener, where the dogs are shitting

May 4 2013, 4:14pm Anchor

its the same game again

--

>:|

V_Flashbang
May 5 2013, 3:46pm Anchor

Hmmph....we got another one of these guys... I actually want to take a side by side...most people say they look the same. The actual gameplay looks different, but hmmph.

--

the grass is always greener, where the dogs are shitting

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.