Forum Thread
Battlefield 2142 no registration (Forums : PC Gaming : Battlefield 2142 no registration) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 27 2008 Anchor

Alright, here is my problem, I have installed Battlefield 2142 previously and created an account and the game worked just fine until my computer crashed and I had to format the hard drive. Now, two years later, I have re-installed the game and it won't let me log on to play. This is only half the problem for I also installed it on my siblings' computers when I could still log on. However, if more than one person logged on with the same account, it would kick the other person off. Annoyingly, EA makes it so that only one account can be registered to the game, thus, I cannot make a new account now that I want to play and even if I could, I could not play an LAN game anyway. If anyone knows of a good exe crack or a way to hack the game files, please let me know. Thanks.

Arxae
Arxae Resident Stepmania Freak :D
Sep 27 2008 Anchor

so you have a acount where you can log into, but you want to login with 2 persons on 1 acount
wont wokr, get yourself a new cdkey/game and make a new acoutn with that, i think thats thebest solution

--

°w°

Sep 27 2008 Anchor

so there is no problem with the game, it just won't allow you to have more then 1 account running at once, right? I agree, get another copy if you want to play at the same time. maybe check e-bay & amazon? I'm betting you can get it cheap.

--

Go play some Quake 2: q2server.fuzzylogicinc.com
It's like Source v0.9, only... better!
Play Paintball for Doom 3!: d3server.fuzzylogicinc.com
Doom 3 Paintball to the Max!

Sep 27 2008 Anchor

Firstly, I spent a good $50.00 on the first copy and I most certainly would rather not purchase another. Secondly, EA games has required internet registration on several other games and I have, so far, been able to find cracks and avoid creating an account, thus allowing me to install the game on multiple computers. There is likely a cracked exe file out there yet I have been unable to locate it.

raxiv
raxiv I would, if I were you.
Sep 27 2008 Anchor

How about contacting EA?

Sep 27 2008 Anchor

I would attempt that, however, considering the fact that they have continued to release games which require internet registration despite strong opposition from the public, I most severely doubt they would listen to just one person. Furthermore, even if they did respond to a request for a crack, they would likely tell me to purchase another CD even though they have who-knows-how-much money. Thank you for the suggestion anyway. Now, for any further postings, I would request that only those who know a link to a crack or a way to hack the game files post messages. Thank you.

Arxae
Sep 27 2008 Anchor

I would request that only those who know a link to a crack or a way to hack the game files post messages. Thank you.

request denied
besides if i give you a crack then you would be able to play the game offline, not online.
It is not uncommon for online games to tie 1 account to 1 cd key, i think all of them do that

--

°w°

raxiv
Sep 27 2008 Anchor

trulanolsen wrote: I would attempt that, however, considering the fact that they have continued to release games which require internet registration despite strong opposition from the public, I most severely doubt they would listen to just one person. Furthermore, even if they did respond to a request for a crack, they would likely tell me to purchase another CD even though they have who-knows-how-much money. Thank you for the suggestion anyway. Now, for any further postings, I would request that only those who know a link to a crack or a way to hack the game files post messages. Thank you.

Nope, You need two copies to work.

Sep 27 2008 Anchor

Thank you all for your suggestions but I have just discovered a crack which will allow me to play LAN and single player on multiple computers without registering. If anyone else has this problem, the torrent download can be found at mininova.com. Instructions are included.

raxiv
Sep 27 2008 Anchor

trulanolsen wrote: Thank you all for your suggestions but I have just discovered a crack which will allow me to play LAN and single player on multiple computers without registering. If anyone else has this problem, the torrent download can be found at mininova.com. Instructions are included.

Well, wasn't the problem directed at Online play? Anyway, stealing is bad, don't use illegal software.

Arxae
Sep 27 2008 Anchor

cracks are legal as long as you own the game
in this case i think its illegal tough since you would still need to own 2 copies of the game

--

°w°

Sep 27 2008 Anchor

Yes, I own the game and yes, I have studied the legality of this action and, according to the statutes of the law, cracks are legal in this case. I do not care for online play, I only want to play LAN with my siblings, if I wanted to play online, I would definitely buy another version of the game.

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
Sep 27 2008 Anchor

1 game for 1 pc that's how software activation goes, I'm not sure which law allows people to hack an exe to trick the pc in believing the CD is in the drive for it to be legal. Seriously. Im closing this thread please dont make anymore of this nature.

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.