Forum Thread
Battlefield 2 (Forums : PC Gaming : Battlefield 2) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Oct 14 2004 Anchor

Here are some new screenshots!

Media.pc.gamespy.com

Man, this game looks so amazing! Even the videos look awesome. The jet almost made me pee my pants, it was so cool-looking! I definitely want to play this game; maybe even make it a future modding endeavor. Wowee!

So, what do you guys think of this great game?

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

Oct 14 2004 Anchor

Thanks for the screens. The game definatly looks like it will be AWESOME, except it won't be as good as HL2. ;)

Tomato-Killer
Tomato-Killer thats what yo mama said
Oct 14 2004 Anchor

Heh looks fun :P but I'm not really a fan of this modern day warfare thang, so I dont think I'll be playing it. :P

--

User Posted Image

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Oct 14 2004 Anchor

UberSoldat wrote: Thanks for the screens. The game definatly looks like it will be AWESOME, except it won't be as good as HL2. ;)

HL2 and BF2 are completely different playing styles, you can't compare them

It's like comparing checkers with monopoly

Edited by: leilei

--

<  insert subject games here  >

Oct 14 2004 Anchor

Looks good, trailer was a little cheesy, it does look good though.

I didn't like the little remix of the 1942 theme with its "duh duh DUH DUH" "rift."

Sure looked better than the vietnam trailers graphics wise, but it also was edited worse IMHO.

I'd rather see actually ingame hud though. Game play seem a bit cs'y with tanks added, battlefield is mostly a terrain based game, though the engine was rewritten, its obvious that it was in a different way.

/me points out an old rant he did on the battlefield gameplay and how it cant change Or else game would just be another fps.

Edited by: duckedtapedemon

Oct 14 2004 Anchor

It is more than likely that Masamune Project will be ported over to Battlefield 2, mainly for the multiplayer capabilities (100 samurai, aliens, and creatures running around on futuristic planets with futuristic vehicles = the kickass! :D )

This is more than your typical FPS. Battlefield 1942 revolutionized the way games are played (especially the large number of people per server), and this is only going to make it even better :)

--

Oct 14 2004 Anchor

I hear its going to have completely interactive/destructible terrain, which would be very cool :P

--

Oct 14 2004 Anchor

Yes, it will. If you go to Gamespot.com , you can look at videos demonstrating such effects :D

Edited by: Karuto

--

leilei
Oct 14 2004 Anchor

Karuto wrote: This is more than your typical FPS. Battlefield 1942 revolutionized the way games are played (especially the large number of people per server), and this is only going to make it even better :)

BF1942 didn't revolutionize that kind of gameplay - Starsiege Tribes did.

BF1942 just revived it in a ww2 setting :D

They gotta contrast the hud text better though, hard to read

Edited by: leilei

--

Oct 14 2004 Anchor

That's true. They did a real good job of it, though;)

--

ShortCutMan
ShortCutMan ♥ Pure ♥ Bred ♥ Geek ♥
Oct 15 2004 Anchor

It looks nice, more emphasis on tactis which is something that BF1942 really lacked. However, I really feel that the animations of the the characters need a lot of work done on them, to put it simply, they looked shit.

--

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 98% that is an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
User Posted Image

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Oct 15 2004 Anchor

I won't make a judgment on a game that I haven't played. Just becuase it features the lastest graphical do-a-mah-jig doesn't make it fun. Doom 3 is a testament to that. If it's anything like BF1942 was when I played it, it'll be ruined by the smacktards that populate the servers.

Smacktard wrote: SMACKTARD #1: Hey I have a good idea. Let's mine our own airfield.

SMACKTARD #2: Great! Then we can put TNT in our own jeeps.

EDIT: I just noticed. There's way too much bumpmapping or something on the character faces. Looks like they've been pockmarked by a bad skin condition.

Edited by: frosty-theaussie

--

User Posted Image

Oct 15 2004 Anchor

Yes, there are still tards - but with an active admin team they are quickly dealt to, at least on the servers I'm on.

BF2 looks to be amazing, and playing with 100+ players will be awesome.

The one downside I can see with it - is the voice chat, I can imagine tards saying meaningless shit on it.

ShortCutMan
ShortCutMan ♥ Pure ♥ Bred ♥ Geek ♥
Oct 15 2004 Anchor

Did ye people know there is a game that supports 150 players out?

--

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 98% that is an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
User Posted Image

Oct 15 2004 Anchor

I can only say one things after the trailer:

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE ULTIMATE MULTIPLAYER GAMING EXPERIENCE FOR YEAR 2k5

Did ye people know there is a game that supports 150 players out?

Joint Ops supports up to 200 players as far as i remember, and the combat is just AWESOME, you all need to play this game :) too bad that my net connection is so freaking slow and it lags like hell :(

Oct 15 2004 Anchor

ShortCutMan wrote: It looks nice, more emphasis on tactis which is something that BF1942 really lacked. However, I really feel that the animations of the the characters need a lot of work done on them, to put it simply, they looked shit.

Well, the game is slated to release next March, so they have more than enough time to fix the animations :D

I have also played Joint Ops, and it's pretty cool. Sure, sometimes I have a little bit of slowdown, but I still get the full experience. It's satisfying to camp on top of a hill, laying down in the brush behind a rock, as you snipe down on the guys trying to climb into a helicopter :D

Edited by: Karuto

--

leilei
Oct 15 2004 Anchor

I've heard Delta Force supports up to 256 on Novaworld

but they may be hype liez :paranoid:

--

Tei
Tei Enginecoder
Oct 25 2004 Anchor

frosty-theaussie wrote: I won't make a judgment on a game that I haven't played. Just becuase it features the lastest graphical do-a-mah-jig doesn't make it fun. Doom 3 is a testament to that. If it's anything like BF1942 was when I played it, it'll be ruined by the smacktards that populate the servers.

Smacktard wrote: SMACKTARD #1: Hey I have a good idea. Let's mine our own airfield.

SMACKTARD #2: Great! Then we can put TNT in our own jeeps.

EDIT: I just noticed. There's way too much bumpmapping or something on the character faces. Looks like they've been pockmarked by a bad skin condition.

So you where the taxing for aircraft? I think these mines will punish you enough.

Oct 25 2004 Anchor

good ol bf, its fun to spawn in the aircraft carrier, dodge a plane lifting off (who manages to sail in the water) and get blamed about "dropping mines on their way"

Edited by (in order): Stimor, Stimor

--

>:|

a_llama
a_llama Teh moddb llama
Oct 25 2004 Anchor

Look at the bf2 vids on ign, they are teh awesome :D

Oct 25 2004 Anchor

Yeah the Battlefield series will always have a place in my heart :D

--

chis
chis Old man.
Oct 25 2004 Anchor

this is going to simply rock :)

--

Nothing.

Oct 25 2004 Anchor

Yeah I think it will definiley be different :P

--

Oct 25 2004 Anchor

Can't wait to port over to Battlefield 2 when it comes out :D

I remember always having trouble maneuvering the plane with my ball mouse :S I kept having to jump out and kept hitting the button to open my parachute. I'd accidently hit it twice, or hit it too early, and I'd plummet to my death. I also was never able to really attack any places with my rockets correctly. It makes me feel bad whenever I see other guys pwning with the missiles. lol

--

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Oct 25 2004 Anchor

Tei wrote:
So you where the taxing for aircraft? I think these mines will punish you enough.

Punish me for playing the game the way he's meant to be played? O_o

Edited by: frosty-theaussie

--

User Posted Image

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.