Forum Thread
AVP 2 MOD (Forums : Development Banter : AVP 2 MOD) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4
PissedOffAlien
PissedOffAlien Chestburster
Sep 27 2004 Anchor

Its that time again to discuss this mod. This is the continuation of the last thread, but now it is no longer a avp mod. Its gonna be better on avp2 we have decided. Hopefully the engine will be easier to mod. :>

--

'My mummy said there was no monsters, no real ones. But there are.......

SkitZaY
SkitZaY u mad
Sep 27 2004 Anchor

what mod :|? WHAT THREAD!!! Ahh, please describe what you are talking about :).

--

uwu

CyanideCotdPnuts
CyanideCotdPnuts Das Boot
Sep 27 2004 Anchor

The one that was removed from these forums because all it was doing was taking up space.

--

When there is no more room in Hell, the Dead will walk the Earth.
User Posted Image
"To judge a man's character, give him power."
Moddb.com - Epidemic Mod.

chis wrote:
You can prolly sue someone for looking at you wrong in america :|

Michael
Michael 「maikeru-kun」
Sep 27 2004 Anchor

avp2 was a rockin game, was it moddable at all? i cant remember

--

User Posted Image
teh_fonx
teh_fonx Wtf is a FONX ???
Sep 27 2004 Anchor

Pissed off alien, man, just it keep it to yourself man, dont talk about it till you have something to show for it, otherwise what is the point, there is nothing to be disscoused. And if your posting in order to get ideas and suggestions, well buddy thats not the right way to go about modding, afterall, you should be creating a game you will enjoy, not what ever kind of bs we can come up with. So yeah, good luck, but man you've got to get to get to work.

--

I want to make a mod like counter-strike but with more guns ,3 teams (maybe),and better gfx !!,
i need a maper,modeler,coder,and someone to maker a website for it, and what ever else u think i may need plz.

ForK
ForK NEED MORE COW BELL!
Sep 27 2004 Anchor

This IS a Mod Discussion forum ....

--

i like biscuits

teh_fonx
Sep 27 2004 Anchor

But what is there to be discoussed on a mod that doesnt exist.

--

I want to make a mod like counter-strike but with more guns ,3 teams (maybe),and better gfx !!,
i need a maper,modeler,coder,and someone to maker a website for it, and what ever else u think i may need plz.

Sep 27 2004 Anchor

exactly, they are discussing things for the mod when it comes into existence. this is mod discussion, hence, discussing mods :P

Sep 27 2004 Anchor

I think we can discuss AvP2 with the man, like the possibilities he could do with such an engine.

There you go, Mod Discussion. Now, bug off, you two :P

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

CyanideCotdPnuts
Sep 27 2004 Anchor

Mod discussion = talk about a mod that either exists or has some work done.All that he's doing is talking about it what he wants it to be, and that's what Gamedev or "Mod Ideas" is for.

--

User Posted Image

chis wrote:

Sep 27 2004 Anchor

And when did most of the threads on Mod Discussion have some work done? I don't see you guys badgering those threads.

Just leave him alone. This is a mod that just started, so he'll eventually have work. No need to worry about it.

--

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Sep 27 2004 Anchor

Okay, we're aware that it is Mod Discussion kthnx Karuto and DarkCyde. Let's start discussing...

PissedOffAlien, Aliens vs. Predator 2 does actually have a SDK released. It uses the same engine and basic tools as No One Lives Forever. It isn't exactly the easiest engine to mod for, as the mapping tools aren't very intuitive. It wouldn't really be very wise to mod AvP2 to make something which changes a lot of the gameplay, weapons and architecture, as it would take a lot longer to do that for the AvP2 engine than say, another more popular engine. However, it sounds like you plan to simply extend the game using already existing resources, such as sounds, textures and models. What do you have in mind for your mod?

--

User Posted Image

CyanideCotdPnuts
Sep 27 2004 Anchor

DarkCyde?I got a nickname.Fitting, nonetheless :D

--

User Posted Image

chis wrote:

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Sep 27 2004 Anchor

MY BAD. Cyanide. That's what spending too many hours fixing features will do to you.

--

User Posted Image

PissedOffAlien
Sep 29 2004 Anchor

I am not changing much, just making a new story or campaign. I doubt that much will be changed. I did not however know that the sdk was like that,a s this was originally a avpge mod, but i thoughtit would be better in the avp2 engine, and there are more people out there that can mod avp2 than avpge. although it would be cool to be able to add a few models, and undoubtedly that will have to happen to keep with the story. Now, should i do the site on inuration?

Edited by: PissedOffAlien

--

PissedOffAlien
Oct 1 2004 Anchor

Any suggestions to make the story better? Or even a completely new one? If, of course , you didnt like the old one. If you have forgotton it is basically a Lights out scenario at a minig complex. It is a bit more detailed than that with predalien queen and other things involved :P. But that paragraph was largish and i dont have time to type it up.

--

teh_fonx
Oct 1 2004 Anchor

simple suggestion, just get to work man, all this chatter doesnt really do anyting for your modification, after all your doing the mod for yourself (at least you should be) so if they dont like the story line well screw em they dont have to play it.

make a site, and start getting some work done, start with a design document, than implement it in small updates (that way the project doesnt overwhelm you). And after two years of hard work, make a website and start pimping it.

--

CyanideCotdPnuts
Oct 1 2004 Anchor

That's just the thing, he's too unorganized to even start anything.He thinks sitting here and jerking off trying to tell everyone how great he thinks his mod is will help him get it created faster.

Better watch out fonx, he's going to come crying to both of us now in a flurry of PMs.

Edited by: CyanideCotdPnuts

--

User Posted Image

chis wrote:

Leonardo-DiVinci
Leonardo-DiVinci UDK Megatkoyo-2041 Project
Oct 1 2004 Anchor

hey you face Hugging bug !!! you wanted some eye candy to go by for possiblities? I have some art from a freind of mine from the old school AvP forums/Website. Great guy too.
Skecthed what looked to be my Alter Ego in Col.Marine gear. here is what I have left from my backups I've tried to find the other files but to no avil.

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

hope this will help start you off with your Mod Design and Idea in some small way.

Edited by (in order): Leonardo-DiVinci, Leonardo-DiVinci, Leonardo-DiVinci

--

User Posted Image

CyanideCotdPnuts
Oct 1 2004 Anchor

The only thing I can't stand more then rip-offs is anime.

--

User Posted Image

chis wrote:

teh_fonx
Oct 1 2004 Anchor

how is this a rip off ?

--

Oct 1 2004 Anchor

It's not a rip-off, seeing as how there is no AvP anime :S

Cyanide, I think it's best you stop posting before you start causing trouble :(

--

CyanideCotdPnuts
Oct 1 2004 Anchor

I think you best start reading my posts better.The AvP "mod" is a rip-off, the pics are anime.Both are no-nos.

--

User Posted Image

chis wrote:

Oct 1 2004 Anchor

It's a mod for AvP2. What do you expect he was going to do?

I don't see how this is a rip-off, still :|

He's allowed to make his mod anime if he wants to, anyway. He isn't here to make you like it, you know.

--

CyanideCotdPnuts
Oct 1 2004 Anchor

Apparently you don't understand what is going on so let me enlighten you.

1.From the original post, he made it clear he wanted to do something based on AvP:Gold Edition. That's part 1.

2.He isn't making his mod anime, Leo just posted pics here as a charity.

3.I don't care whether or not he's trying to make me like it.He made his decision long ago on what he wanted my opinion to be, so I'm just giving him what he requested :)

Also, Leo I don't think charity work counts :P

--

User Posted Image

chis wrote:

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.